Insane input lag after windows update 1809 - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Insane input lag after windows update 1809

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 05:32 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 30 (Unique: 28)
sorry to hijack but having 1809 issues too

I've been having what I'm sure is spectre related microcode hell issues since forced updated 1809. even after the recent update... freezes game crashes etc etc .... since then my ocz haven't been working and even with factory settings in bios.

question:

I haven't done a clean install through the OS on win 10 yet is it really a clean? like I'll still have 1809 if I do the clean install via os?

or

Better to just load in a whole new o/s from a usb?

7820x x299 3600 ram 2080ti win10 64 pro

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 01:53 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 136 (Unique: 103)
Quote: Originally Posted by empl View Post
SOLVED: On windows 10 forums they replied me there is tool: WUMT Wrapper Script to disable autoupdates, apparenltly windows bypasses group policy and registry setting and to download manually updates in update manager.
O&O does that too.

Quote: Originally Posted by wirefox View Post
sorry to hijack but having 1809 issues too

I've been having what I'm sure is spectre related microcode hell issues since forced updated 1809. even after the recent update... freezes game crashes etc etc .... since then my ocz haven't been working and even with factory settings in bios.

question:

I haven't done a clean install through the OS on win 10 yet is it really a clean? like I'll still have 1809 if I do the clean install via os?

or

Better to just load in a whole new o/s from a usb?

7820x x299 3600 ram 2080ti win10 64 pro
1809 is just the build, there's nothing wrong with it but just like any other Windows build there are bad updates that you want to avoid and sometimes the installation of the updates messes things up.
The problem you're having isn't likely because anything was wrong with the actual update but because they auto install them every time (even if it's one that doesn't apply to you or if the update is broken).

Te best way to fix issues like that is to do a clean install and use O&O as soon as it fully boots to desktop the first time so you're on the latest build and updated but it hasn't changed your drivers around. If you do that your OS will always be as you left it, no more surprises.

Quote: Originally Posted by white owl View Post
The latest build 1809, is stable, you just don't want that particular update for 1809.
When I do a clean install I use the latest build from here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10
Then as soon as it's done restarting and you finally make it to the desktop grab O&O:
https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10
...which allows you to permanently disable updates, telemetry, and a hundred other things that you probably wouldn't approve of.
You can undo them anytime and they'll default when you choose to update manually. It's just a stand alone regeditor with great preset options. I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to manage their own computer.

As long as you use O&O before your restart it/check for updates, you won't have to worry about it changing your drivers or anything and it will always be a stable build.
FYI before finding O&O I was making custom .ISO to make stripped out versions but O&O does everything I was trying to accomplish with that. Really cuts down on ram and network use too.
When you're up and running and you're looking at O&O go to the settings and check "apply recommended and somewhat recommended settings" then scroll down and click the rest of the update related ones.

Quote: Originally Posted by SpeedyVT
If you're not doing extreme things to parts for the sake of extreme things regardless of the part you're not a real overclocker.
Quote: Originally Posted by doyll View Post
The key is generally not which brands are good but which specific products are. Motherboards and GPUs are perfect examples of companies having everything from golden to garbage function/quality.
Hot n Bothered
(12 items)
CPU
4790k 4.7Ghz
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkII 2
GPU
EVGA GTX 1080 SC
RAM
16gb G.Skill Sniper 2400Mhz
Hard Drive
2x Kingston v300 120gb RAID 0
Hard Drive
WD Blue
Power Supply
Seasonic 620w M12 II EVO
Cooling
Cooler Master 212 Evo
Case
Corsair 450D
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
Nixeus EDG27
Other
I have pretty lights.
▲ hide details ▲
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 09:23 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 35 (Unique: 28)
Quote: Originally Posted by white owl View Post
You'll probably have to clean install to fix it. This is exactly why I don't allow 10 to update on it's own...or update anything in any way.
Amen to that....tinywall ftw.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in