Question about reverting to older version of Windows via Recovery Options! - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Question about reverting to older version of Windows via Recovery Options!

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 08:59 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 8)
Question about reverting to older version of Windows via Recovery Options!

Hi, yeah so I did updated from 1703 to 1903, surprisingly (shockingly actually) without any issues whatsoever (I did wait over three months for them to work out the issues) but there is one rather serious issue for me, and that's that Nvidia 3D Vision doesn't work with the newer display drivers with 1903. With 1809 and below, we the 3D Vision community have managed to add the 3D Vision aspect of the display drivers to all newer drivers via 3D Fix Manager, but with 1903 this no longer works and youre stuck with the last driver that officially supports 3D Vision: 425.31. This is problematic if you wish to play a game some 6 months hence, say Doom: Eternal, as youre now confronted with the dilemma of having to update the display driver, and say goodbye to 3D Vision, or just don't play the new title. It's not just the games, but I have a vast library of 3D movies as well that I wish to continue to enjoy.

So I'm thinking about reverting to 1809, but I didn't upgrade from 1809, and I need to know if "Go back to the previous version of Windows 10" under Recovery options will install 1809 or 1703, considering I was on 1703 before upgrading to 1809. I've extended the period from 10 days to 60 days while I figure this out: https://www.intowindows.com/go-back-...after-10-days/ f

Any help greatly appreciated!

8700k @ 5.0 GHz - 0 AVX @ 1.37v w/ EK Monoblock + Delid | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 | GTX 1080 Ti FE - Full EK Block @ 2025 MHz | EK SE 420 + EK PE 360 | 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz XMP | 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO | Corsair RM1000x | Thermaltake View 71 | Alienware AW3418DW + Asus ROG Swift PG278Q (for 3D Vision) on Amazon Basics Arms | Win10 Pro 1703
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in