Windows 10 Permission To Edit Files In Program Files & Program Files (x86) Folders - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Windows 10 Permission To Edit Files In Program Files & Program Files (x86) Folders

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Windows 10 Permission To Edit Files In Program Files & Program Files (x86) Folders

Windows 10 isn’t letting me edit and save files in these 2 folders on the C:\ drive, for some reason. For example, if I open a simple .txt file, make some changes/edits, and then try to save it, I get error messages about not having permission. This is my own personal computer I use at my apartment, so it’s not a work computer. This whole permissions thing that came out since Windows 7 has always been confusing.

I’d like to make Windows 10 let me do what I want, cos it’s my own computer. None of the supposed solutions I find online work for my situation, either because there’s buttons greyed out, my screens look a little different, or I just get more error messages. So, does anyone know how I can give myself the permissions I need to open a file, make changes/edits, and then save it? No matter what I try, I always seem to run into some kind of a roadblock.

Here's a few screenshots of the issues I’m having. Thanks.

Dell XPS 8930 Windows 10 Pro Intel i7 8th Generation 512 Gb SSD 2TB HDD 16 Gb DDRd 16 Gb Intel Optane Memory GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 05:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 563 (Unique: 321)
have you run take ownership?

is this the only file causing you issues? how old is this version of nitro?

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
It's the current version of Nitro 13. And I'm not sure what / where I go or what to do to take ownership.

Dell XPS 8930 Windows 10 Pro Intel i7 8th Generation 512 Gb SSD 2TB HDD 16 Gb DDRd 16 Gb Intel Optane Memory GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in