Windows XP installation help - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Windows XP installation help

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-06-2004, 09:12 AM
Retired Staff

Rep: 472 (Unique: 266)
Take it off cable select first!!!!!! Archer was 1000000% right on this one. Cable select is old school uber legacy, and creates nothing but problems on current chipsets. Then, update BIOS and if that doesn't give you access to more than 137 GB of the drive, you will have to make a minor registry edit. There's instructions at M$'s site, just google it.

Intel Overclocking Guide
RAM 101 (Intel systems in particular)

All statements, posts, recommendations, etc. are my 2cents.gif. Sometimes they're worth a nickel, sometimes they're worth a penny, but I always do my best to at least ensure that my opinions are educated ones. smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-06-2004, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 31 (Unique: 27)
yeah well my mobo wont support it, but my 80 GB harddrive .... one of the 4 power pins got removed by my secondary computers power supply. I can still see the pin sitting in the connecter!! anyone have any ideas how to take the pin out and somehow attach it on... its not that i dont want to buy a new one.. i just want my files! my doom3 save

drum.gif i play drumset and marching drums. If you do too drop me a PM.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-06-2004, 12:16 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 76 (Unique: 44)
Dude that sucks. Maybe try attatching a wire between where the pin is supposed to connect and the power connecter's corresponding hole. And then see if it will get power. This is a temporary idea to get your files, i don't think that you will be able to reattatch the pin though.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-06-2004, 12:38 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 26 (Unique: 14)
The easiest way to repair it is to solder it back on. This might be hard to do in such a small area, so you might want to try cutting off the plastic underneath it to get the iron in there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in