crcdisk.sys loks up - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

crcdisk.sys loks up

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 09:28 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
When I try to boot my system it gets to the windows "splash screen", bt then the screen goes dark and it freezes. When booting in safe mode, I can see that it locks up on crcdisk.sys. I think this has to do with sata drivers or something like that. I have found many topics about it on the internet but they have to do with the first reboot after installation. That excludes me because I have had windows installed for a few weeks.

The last thing I did when it was working was a registry defrag in Tune-Up '07, so that could be one of the problems.

I have tried doing repairs and registry fixes from bootdisks but I can't seem to fix it. Any ideas?

"I suck. It's my job!"-DJJ guitar.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 06:59 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 176 (Unique: 130)
Certainly your using ERD Commander or Hirens or BartsPE right.You can recover to last known good or boot from any of these cds to go to last restore point or repair registry from missing entries. You registry sounds corrupted, although overclocking without enough voltage yields same result, but because you mentioned you cleaned out registry did you back it up? If so run the backup or use the boot disk I've mentioned.If you have to run a repair install you may want to consider sfc /scannow, and watch out for registry cleaners if you dont know what your removing it could corrupt your registry.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 05:22 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 176 (Unique: 130)
i now have this problem and let me guess the error on your borad is f5
Im typing from my laptop. this sucks bad any suqqestions other than my lame ideas because they didnt work for me either!!! Clearing cmos distroyed my f5 error. Investigating further........

.......reformating....!ideas!...?currupt registry?......to be continued........yes reinstal repair worked fine...its what you must do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 12:18 AM

sys file

When the splash screen error is occuring in your system then it is necessary that you have to update and reboot your system. After rebooting it can be possible that your problem might be solve.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in