Overclock.net banner

Win XP

899 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  aznchowboy650 
#1 ·
Pretend i have a computer running with no monitor or keyboard or mouse "like a server" that runs on xp how do i set it up so that when i just turn it on, i can use another computer to remote acces it

#2 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by aznchowboy650

Pretend i have a computer running with no monitor or keyboard or mouse "like a server" that runs on xp how do i set it up so that when i just turn it on, i can use another computer to remote acces it

i have not used it before but here is a how-to article. ---> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...moteintro.mspx

#4 ·
ive done it before, it helps if you have a router, that way you dont have to worry about ip's, for the server machien, make sure u set it to a custom ip, eg 192.168.100.153, that way it wont take another ip, then make sure it has Xp PROFESSTIONAL, Home will nto work as a remote desktop host. Then right click on my computer go to properties, then click on remote tab, then check the checkbox that allows people to connect. then on the workstation machine, run remote desktop, (start all prog, accessories, connectivity, remote desktop) then type the ip of the server, then click connect. you should be prompted with a login screen.

yes, i know this was confusing, if u didnt understand any part, just ask.

if you dotn want to do that, go with the good ol' KVM Switch.

#5 ·
Ummmm, KVM
yummm yummm sweet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.