I'm so cheap! - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

I'm so cheap!

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-23-2004, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 80 (Unique: 64)
Ok, so recently I found out about a city youth program called Do It, which is a grant type thing where you write in an application thing and get up to $500 to help you with any educational program you want (learning to fly, being a clown, building a PC etc.) Anyways, from what I've heard everyone gets however much they want, and for my thing I wanna build a new computer. I already have a PC worth much more than 500, so its not really for me but rather for friends when they come over etc.

So, with that completely irrelivant stuff aside, I'm wondering if I can, in some way, avoid buying Windows XP but still have it on my comp. I already have 2 comps with XP and I REALLY dont wanna buy another. Is there any way I can get a free XP (I dont care how illegal it is heheh) or put XP on 2 computers somehow? I've heard you can do it, but it seems to simple, so there must be more to it.

Thanks all!

My FAQs:

Nvidia cards explained, and OCing/Benchmark programs

Play WoW? Send me a tell on Thunderlord. Name's Gambiit

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-23-2004, 08:23 PM
Overclockiit

Rep: 364 (Unique: 216)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludaz
Ok, so recently I found out about a city youth program called Do It, which is a grant type thing where you write in an application thing and get up to $500 to help you with any educational program you want (learning to fly, being a clown, building a PC etc.) Anyways, from what I've heard everyone gets however much they want, and for my thing I wanna build a new computer. I already have a PC worth much more than 500, so its not really for me but rather for friends when they come over etc.

So, with that completely irrelivant stuff aside, I'm wondering if I can, in some way, avoid buying Windows XP but still have it on my comp. I already have 2 comps with XP and I REALLY dont wanna buy another. Is there any way I can get a free XP (I dont care how illegal it is heheh) or put XP on 2 computers somehow? I've heard you can do it, but it seems to simple, so there must be more to it.

Thanks all!
If you have xp on your other computers and you say u dont want to buy another windows xp why not use the disk u have for the other 2 or where they installed when u bought your pc?
As for pirated stuff i dont support that! So your on your own there!

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-23-2004, 08:43 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 80 (Unique: 64)
Quote:
Originally Posted by |2A|N
If you have xp on your other computers and you say u dont want to buy another windows xp why not use the disk u have for the other 2 or where they installed when u bought your pc?
As for pirated stuff i dont support that! So your on your own there!
Pirated would be last resort. Thanks tho, as simple as it is i didnt think itd work. I figured billy boy woulda done something so i could avoid giving another 100-150. Thanks!!

My FAQs:

Nvidia cards explained, and OCing/Benchmark programs

Play WoW? Send me a tell on Thunderlord. Name's Gambiit

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-23-2004, 08:51 PM

sure u can !!why not ??
i only bought one window the 98 when i bought few years ago a machine next this time i upgrade to me and now to xp never bought again a window is simple u only have to ask ,yeahh ask to your friends,huh!!

that not is piratery its share !!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-23-2004, 08:51 PM
Overclockiit

Rep: 364 (Unique: 216)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludaz
Pirated would be last resort. Thanks tho, as simple as it is i didnt think itd work. I figured billy boy woulda done something so i could avoid giving another 100-150. Thanks!!
No Problem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in