I'm building a custom case from the scratch. This was the plan for first look and dimensions, and first idea for fan placement (will look cool also as i will put the filters on the inside, fans will be fully visible, but still make the fans easy to remove for cleaning purposes. The picture is showing the front panel (imagine it hanging on the wall).
Gpu will be inside. Eventually i am planning to use standoffs, above the motherboard, and a gpu riser and position the gpu so that the intake fans blow like 30% directly on the gpu which then will be face monted, and the rest 70 %will go bottom towards the cpu and the mobo.
Another option is to place it above the 120mm fans and make another smaller cuts (100mm) just for the gpu so it can get its own fresh air from the outside but i worry about dust. Filtering it will limit the intake, and leaving it open will suck the dust straight in...would look great tho
Psu will be in the bottom corner, pulling air from the side and expell it immediately on the bottom (it doesnt get heated so im not concerned about the heat rising up from it, so it wont interfere with the case airflow.
The case is work in progress, just started it and taking my time, but it will be airtight (if that's the right word for it), in terms that if i decide on negative pressure there wont be any dust entering through any cracks beside those i leave opened and filtered
In the case of 4x120mm intake, the top will be cut (not whole top but some sort of pattern) as a passive exhaust.
-4x120mm top exhaust will have filtered front passive intake.
That's the general ideas i had for the fan placements as i want to keep it simply top to bottom but my lack of experience in the matter cant decide which is better or is any of it any good
Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk