Deployment issues on Tomcat 8 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Deployment issues on Tomcat 8

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-11-2016, 05:17 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Hi all,

I'm sorry to use this forum as a helpdesk but I have a rather urgent problem to solve:

My team has developed a Java EE website that was continuously tested and deployed during development on Tomcat 7. No issues there.
Now we have to move that code to the production server that happens to be Tomcat 8.0.29 (We were assured it would be Tomcat 7 before).

The problem is that when running on Tomcat 8, I can only log into the website using Firefox. Any Webkit based browser for exemple redirects me back to the index page after login, without me being actually logged in. I assume this is session related, as during the login process, we put client data in session and then use that data to render the index. So server cannot find the session after login when using webkit browsers...

If anyone has any idea, it would be really appreciated.

I can of course provide detailed infos but I don't know where to start...

Again, thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 09:14 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 96 (Unique: 76)
This is one reason why I hate java. (most of my reasons are dumb tho) I had the same situation but the other way around. I created a simple websocket applet and when we installed it, it didnt work. I spent a ton of time debugging the issue, but it turns out the version on the server was the 1 before they added that feature.

Running into an issue like that going up a version is a bit odd though. It should be a simple fix in the java code though. Probably a flag or attribute they need to look for.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in