Learning Java, How to output file "showing evidence of the program's required functionality" - Page 7 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Learning Java, How to output file "showing evidence of the program's required functionality"

post #61 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-27-2017, 10:31 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 158 (Unique: 114)
Well, ouch to so much of that. Sorry to hear about the troubles, but at least you're in a good spot. I hope you get the degree you want and it opens the doors you want to pursue. thumb.gifthumb.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-27-2017, 10:51 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 434 (Unique: 322)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avonosac View Post

Well, ouch to so much of that. Sorry to hear about the troubles, but at least you're in a good spot. I hope you get the degree you want and it opens the doors you want to pursue. thumb.gifthumb.gif

I will probably go back and get the masters degree in Teaching. I was diagnosed as mildly ******** when I was young and it would be a nice little *** you to the doctors a little too quick to diagnose.
Sometimes I still think its true when it comes to software, I just dont have much of an affinity for it. Just gotta do what I gotta do though so I can move past this.

Biased rPGA and MXM 3.0A/B Elitest.
post #63 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-27-2017, 10:55 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 158 (Unique: 114)
Not many people do, you'd be surprised at how far a passionate application of the knowledge can take you. I only learned programming so I could bot Diablo 2 and Lineage 2 better, and then I realized I really liked it.

These days I'm leading the work of myself and 10 other developers trying to build cool software to make the world better, in the end it's just what gets you interested to apply yourself fully.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-27-2017, 11:01 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 434 (Unique: 322)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avonosac View Post

Not many people do, you'd be surprised at how far a passionate application of the knowledge can take you. I only learned programming so I could bot Diablo 2 and Lineage 2 better, and then I realized I really liked it.

These days I'm leading the work of myself and 10 other developers trying to build cool software to make the world better, in the end it's just what gets you interested to apply yourself fully.

Id probably do better with C++ or Javascript if only because I could apply it to something I want to use that can employ those langauges.

Java I just dont have anything, I dont mind Java in particular I just to polish the areas I am weak within and move forward

Biased rPGA and MXM 3.0A/B Elitest.
post #65 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-23-2018, 12:02 AM
New001

Quote: Originally Posted by TheReciever View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Avonosac 

Id probably do better with C++ or Javascript if only because I could apply it to something I want to use that can employ those langauges.

Java I just dont have anything, I dont mind Java in particular I just to polish the areas I am weak within and move forward

Hey Receiver, sorry to hear about your ex and the troubles with the course! Don't feel like your time is wasted, Java isn't the worst introductory language to the programming world and much of what you have learned about programming will not be language specific or will be similar in other languages. Your learning curve on C++ should not be a steep! Check out Unity, its free, works with C++ is Visual Studio (which you can also get for free). It gives you access to the power of the Unreal engine, and there are many, many tutorials out there to get you started with a simple game of pretty much any type.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in