LED - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

LED

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 08:58 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
LED

Hello,

I am starting to get into programming so far ive only messed with python but I do love doing it ive done a few short basic tutorials and i have a few books im in the process of reading. Creating games is not my initial intention but one of my books comes with short games and i thought that would be a good way to start...create a project it works get more excited so on and so forth. Now I saw someone talk about arduino and a recommendation of LED. I think it would be something i could enjoy doing for my kids make something need with lights and i wasnt sure if thats something that i need to get a bunch of knowledge under my belt or is that a relatively easy beginner project.

As of right now i can look at a lot of the coding and understand its process but i am not at a point where i can say i want to make this and write out the code just yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 05:06 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Rubixxcon View Post
Hello,

I am starting to get into programming so far ive only messed with python but I do love doing it ive done a few short basic tutorials and i have a few books im in the process of reading. Creating games is not my initial intention but one of my books comes with short games and i thought that would be a good way to start...create a project it works get more excited so on and so forth. Now I saw someone talk about arduino and a recommendation of LED. I think it would be something i could enjoy doing for my kids make something need with lights and i wasnt sure if thats something that i need to get a bunch of knowledge under my belt or is that a relatively easy beginner project.

As of right now i can look at a lot of the coding and understand its process but i am not at a point where i can say i want to make this and write out the code just yet.
With Arduino its easy to turn LEDs on and off. You could also buy a LED controller so you can control much more LEDs than the Arduino output pins supoort. Then you cam create a game of connect 4 with LEDs.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 04:29 AM
Some call me... Bifford

By default, Python isn't the programming language of Arduino controllers. However, it *is* the default language on Raspberry Pi controllers. I have a Pi set up as an arcade emulator using RetroPie. You can still do hands-on programming with LEDs and other devices as well as play games. As I recall the pricing differences between the two is negligible.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in