Proper English - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Proper English

post #21 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 12:02 AM
Retired Staff

Rep: 157 (Unique: 132)
proper grammar is key, my biggest peeve is not whether or not you have your spelling or punctuation correct, but when people try to seem all smart and "edu-ma-cated" and spell grammar as "Grammer." Haha, just annoys me a tad.

UNLIKE SOME, I LIVE UPTO MY NAME. rolleyes.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 06:18 AM
Retired Staff

Rep: 85 (Unique: 64)
I am clicking but I am getting nothing for free

why do you spread lies

why.

post #23 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 06:29 AM

oh lordie, why i gotta always be tolded why to grammar correctly on that there online internets.

This is not grammar school, it is a forum, let me ask you this. When people do use bad grammar (what r u doing) do you have any trouble reading them? I sure don't, it doesn't look any different than someone saying what are you doing.

I can understand if its something like (what you is bedoinging) but as far as spelling words shorter, I don't see a problem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 06:32 AM
Some call me... Bifford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkeeper
oh lordie, why i gotta always be tolded why to grammar correctly on that there online internets.

This is not grammar school, it is a forum, let me ask you this. When people do use bad grammar (what r u doing) do you have any trouble reading them? I sure don't, it doesn't look any different than someone saying what are you doing.

I can understand if its something like (what you is bedoinging) but as far as spelling words shorter, I don't see a problem
It is about being professional. People search the internet and this site comes up. Admin is trying to make sure that any posts that pop in a search show the best face of overclock.net. It isn't about the intelligence required to translate laziness. Is it really that much more work to type "you" instead of "u".

post #25 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFRD
It is about being professional. People search the internet and this site comes up. Admin is trying to make sure that any posts that pop in a search show the best face of overclock.net. It isn't about the intelligence required to translate laziness. Is it really that much more work to type "you" instead of "u".
Yes, I agree, and personally I'm glad he made that decision. It is much nicer to be on here and be able to read everything quickly, correctly, and easily. Very good point BFRD and Mr. Smiley. Hopefully more will agree.
post #26 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 06:37 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:

i dono wat u tlakin bout wilis

post #27 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 07:23 AM

I is gonna try more better.
post #28 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 07:48 AM

i will not go with this nonsense, im going to type like i always do, and anybody who thinks the grammar of some members in a public forum is a reflection of the forums professionalism is a jackass

Thats like blaming a landlord because his tenant killed a guy.
post #29 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 07:52 AM
Some call me... Bifford

Quote:
i will not go with this nonsense, im going to type like i always do, and anybody who thinks the grammar of some members in a public forum is a reflection of the forums professionalism is a jackass

Using proper grammar and spelling is a rule. If you do not believe that you have to follow the rules, then there is a deeper problem.

P.S. I am most certainly not a jackass...

post #30 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 07:54 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:

mmk.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in