Looking for older GPU's to benchmark for youtube! - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Looking for older GPU's to benchmark for youtube!

post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter
To The Game

Rep: 290 (Unique: 197)
Quote: Originally Posted by Duality92 View Post
I'd let it go for 100$ USD shipped.
Thanks for the offer. I've got to pass. Limited budget and all.

Quote: Originally Posted by maltamonk View Post
I have a 900mhz 7750, but seeing you have the 7770 idk if you'd be interested. Also have a gt 210 if anyone was inclinded for s+g
It would be cool to take a look at. Since I have a 7770 on hand I'd do that first though in the future it might be an interesting bench if still available. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter
To The Game

Quote: Originally Posted by Nick the Slick View Post
It's the 1GB model.
I don't know. Do you think it would make an interesting video? I'm guessing game like Far Cry 5 would be a bust but lighter games would likely do ok on it. Which system would you like to see it benched on?
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 07:29 PM
Jedi Knight

Rep: 41 (Unique: 41)
Quote: Originally Posted by Chargeit View Post
I don't know. Do you think it would make an interesting video? I'm guessing game like Far Cry 5 would be a bust but lighter games would likely do ok on it. Which system would you like to see it benched on?
Yea I would figure you'd need to use a pretty low res and texture setting for it lol. But, the funny story is (and the reason why I stumbled upon your FX 6300/1060 review and subsequently this thread) is that I'm currently in the process of doing a build with my nephew to help him learn about computers and building (and so he can have something to play farming sim 17 on instead of hijacking my rig lol). We're using my old FX 6300 and I was going to try and pick up a 1060 or 1050 but just can't find anything in the price range I was hoping to hit, then I remembered I had 2 old 6870's lying around. The build is kind of on hold as I try to source some other parts so it would be interesting to see it benched in a similar config to see how it compares to the 1060 setup.

Vibranium
(16 items)
CPU
Intel Core i7 7700k
Motherboard
ASUS Z170-PRO
GPU
MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Sea Hawk EK X
RAM
G. Skill Trident Z
Hard Drive
MyDigitalSSD BPX
Hard Drive
Crucial MX300
Hard Drive
ADATA SU800
Power Supply
Seasonic SS-750KM3
Cooling
Custom Liquid Cooling
Case
Phanteks “Enthoo Pro Series"
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
VIOTEK GN32DB
Keyboard
Logitech K800
Mouse
Logitech G603
Audio
JBL LIVE 650BTNC
Audio
Fiio E10K DAC/AMP
▲ hide details ▲

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 01:18 AM - Thread Starter
To The Game

Quote: Originally Posted by Nick the Slick View Post
Yea I would figure you'd need to use a pretty low res and texture setting for it lol. But, the funny story is (and the reason why I stumbled upon your FX 6300/1060 review and subsequently this thread) is that I'm currently in the process of doing a build with my nephew to help him learn about computers and building (and so he can have something to play farming sim 17 on instead of hijacking my rig lol). We're using my old FX 6300 and I was going to try and pick up a 1060 or 1050 but just can't find anything in the price range I was hoping to hit, then I remembered I had 2 old 6870's lying around. The build is kind of on hold as I try to source some other parts so it would be interesting to see it benched in a similar config to see how it compares to the 1060 setup.
Cool. Should be interesting. Message me your paypal email and I'll send you $10 for shipping some time tomorrow. I'll run benchmarks on my Fx 6300 system. Will have the card back to you in 2 - 4 weeks. Thanks! It's after 4am and I need to hit the sack.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 09:03 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 46 (Unique: 40)
Quote: Originally Posted by Chargeit View Post
I have a hd 7770 1gb I haven't done a video on so I think I'd go that route before the 5770.

I think a Gtx 480 would be interesting to test out.
PM me with your address if you would like to test it out.

Ryzen_Up
(14 items)
Homemade NAS
(13 items)
CPU
Ryzen 1700x
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus 370 k7
GPU
Evga gtx 1070 ftw
RAM
corsair
Hard Drive
Samsung 950 pro m2
Hard Drive
seagate firecude 2tb
Optical Drive
blu ray
Power Supply
evga g2 750w
Cooling
h110
Case
Corsair 600d
Operating System
windows 10
Monitor
acer
Keyboard
blackwidow
Mouse
rat 5
CPU
amd apu a6-5400k
Motherboard
msi
GPU
onboard
RAM
corsair
Hard Drive
western digital 2tb
Hard Drive
western digital 2tb
Hard Drive
hgst deskstar 3tb
Hard Drive
hgst deskstar 3tb
Optical Drive
none
Power Supply
logisys 480
Case
logisys
Operating System
nas4free
Monitor
hp
▲ hide details ▲
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 07:11 AM - Thread Starter
To The Game

Quote: Originally Posted by Blade 117 View Post
PM me with your address if you would like to test it out.
Cool.

Before we set this up do you mind if I bench it using the FX 6300 system? My Ryzen system is currently set up for running VR and I don't want to disassemble it atm.
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 11:58 AM
Retired Staff

Rep: 116 (Unique: 103)
I've got an ATI 5870 with a water block (and stock cooler) hanging on my wall.

Pretty sure it works still, at least it did when it was retired to decoration. If memory serves me it OC'd to 1100mhz on the core but was probably daily stable around 1050. It's probably too old and power hungry to be a power/performance performer but if you'd like to give it a go shoot me a message.

post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 12:49 PM
Mr.4way SLI

Rep: 191 (Unique: 171)
Sent you a Pm with big list of cards i have just sitting most bran new from when i had my old shop.
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 03:14 AM
Iconoclast

Rep: 3135 (Unique: 1869)
I have a reference Radeon HD 7950 boost I would be willing to loan you, if you're interested. It will probably need to be flashed back to an appropriate firmware though as the last time I ran it was something of a firmware mod testbed.

...rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual. -- Thomas Jefferson
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 09:07 AM - Thread Starter
To The Game

Quote: Originally Posted by Blameless View Post
I have a reference Radeon HD 7950 boost I would be willing to loan you, if you're interested. It will probably need to be flashed back to an appropriate firmware though as the last time I ran it was something of a firmware mod testbed.
I don't have experience flashing a gpu's firmware. Are there any links you'd suggest where I can read up on it?

Outside of that I think it would make a great gpu to do a video on. Would think it should still be able to handle modern games with some sacrifices to IQ.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in