Release Notes: Tuesday, January 21st
post #1 of 2 (permalink)
01-21-2014, 10:22 PM
- Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: New York City
We saw a significant stability release go live this afternoon, including the following list of fixes and minor improvements:
- 14778 - Lots of work has been done to improve the issues with keyboard lag when typing in the editor, even with a 100-posts-per-page user preference.
- 14713 - Fallback affiliate modules will now appropriately remove products if affiliate offers are no longer available.
- 14731 - Giving reputation with a comment no longer requires multiple clicks to submit the rep.
- 14764 - Additional protection against cross-site request forgery has been added to the logout URL.
- 14782 - The "#" sign has been added to the alphabetical article list so that you can access articles that start with something besides A-Z, without having to go to the "All" page.
- 14815 and 14884 - Automatic subscription frequency is now respected on mobile, rather than defaulting to Daily for thread creation, replies, and tag subscriptions.
- 14877 - Double clicking a thread title's cell in a forum list or from the New Posts page pulls up the thread title editor as expected.
- 14730 - Signatures created in BBCode will no longer have extra markup or white space at the end when rendered.
- 14740 - Trying to send a PM from a classified while logged out now offers up join message as expected, rather than a some JSON.
- 14744 - The "Discard Draft" link will no longer show up temporarily on page load when there is no draft. It will remain hidden until needed.
- 14755 - Updates to drafts in mobile to better handle the case of editing/draft deletion in multiple tabs.
- 14841 - Font size 8 now works as expected in signatures.
- 14856 - Unsubscribing from a User via the My Subscription page now is visually removed from the page immediately, not just on refresh.
- 14857 - When a manufacturer tag has a dash in it, that dash will now appropriately display (rather than rendering as a space) on the tag page's header.
- 14689 - The post search results page is getting some love - BBCode tags will no longer display, quote blocks will be left out of the snippet, and we're doubling the size of the snippet from 240 characters to 480 characters.
- 14854 - Tooltips will now appear on the new post notifier alert bar.
- 14880 - The Unsubscribe from Brand link sent in a manufacturer immediate subscription no longer presents an error (don't worry, subscriptions were always removed but there was still an error message on the landing page).
- 14709 - Minor design updates to make the "Image Reputation" pages flow better with usernames of different lengths.
- 14763 - Instead of showing 25 image results on an image search results page and having the 25th image wrap onto a line by its lonesome, we'll now show 24 images per page so that each row of 3 images is full.
- 14811 - In an earlier release, we changed the behavior of the BBCode "Import Images" checkbox when you're editing your own post and editing another user's post (if you're a mod) so that when you are editing your own post, the Import Images box is shown but unchecked and when editing another user's post, the checkbox is entirely hidden and images cannot be imported. We're expanding this to when using the "Edit Thread" functionality.
- 14796 - Enhancements made to the message displayed to users when they post or edit a post and they do not have permission to post links: in the case where the user is replying with the full page editor and they receive a moderation error on submit, the error dialog will now stay on the screen until they submit it. Prior to this release, the error would show up for 2 seconds, then disappear, without the user having a chance to read it.
- 14776 - In certain cases, a user would see two slightly different messages after sending a PM - one saying "Private message sent" and the other saying "Message sent". Now only one message will be displayed.
- 14777 - Mobile PMs with absolute timestamp preference will no longer show as sent 1 day ahead of the real send time.
- 14592 - Subscription requests for content that's held automatically on creation will now be fully honored, set up, and users will get all their glorious emails.
post #2 of 2 (permalink)
01-21-2014, 10:37 PM
Not new to Overclock.net
Join Date: Dec 2008
Regarding "Private message sent". Why not just have it say "Message sent"? We all know that we just sent a Private message. I, for one, think it's better to have it say "Message sent".
Loneliness is a good thing to share with someone.
The virtuous spirit has no need for thankful approval, owning a certain conviction that what has been done is right.
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage)
ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850)
MSI GTX 1070 Ti Gaming Titanium 8G
G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (OS)
3 TB Toshiba P300 (D: drive)
Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner
Windows 10 Home
AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC)
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO
Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate
It's just a mousepad
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable speaker wires)
▲ hide details ▲
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)