Connecting Wii to a DVI-D monitor? - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Connecting Wii to a DVI-D monitor?

post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 01:53 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 202 (Unique: 166)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjangthekid View Post
Thanks for your help. Yeah I have sound taken care of, I'm not totally sure if this will work out. On paper it should but not totally sure. DVI-I is the female part and DVI-D is the male counterpart right? So it should be okay hopefully.

Additionally since there is only one HDMI port for my monitor, is there a HDMI splitter so that I don't have to keep plugging out the HDMI cable from the PS3 to the 360?
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=hdmi+...fp=-Pw1cEIpNGU

Google will be your best bet...as long as your careful with your cords i would just save the cash since there is 100+$ general price on hdmi splitters im seeing...

You could buy this

http://www.amazon.com/HDMI-Splitter-.../dp/B000FMJLQC

and just keep an hdmi cable in both your ps3 and 360 and leave the splitter in your monitor and since your only putting wear on a cheap hdmi cable and this 15$ splitter piece it won't cost much if either fails up?

Again you may just be wanting to avoid plugging a cable in...so just check out some of the google hits...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 02:16 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 90 (Unique: 77)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjangthekid View Post
Thanks for your help. Yeah I have sound taken care of, I'm not totally sure if this will work out. On paper it should but not totally sure. DVI-I is the female part and DVI-D is the male counterpart right? So it should be okay hopefully.

Additionally since there is only one HDMI port for my monitor, is there a HDMI splitter so that I don't have to keep plugging out the HDMI cable from the PS3 to the 360?
No! DVI-I is integrated digital and analog, DVI-D is digital only.

post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 02:50 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 443 (Unique: 358)
You'll need to use component video and a component to DVI adapter like this. There is no component to HDMI adapter available (I think it's impossible to make that conversion) so that's pretty much your only option.

Edit: This is the Wii component video adapter. There are 3rd party ones that are a little cheaper.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 02:57 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 90 (Unique: 77)
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_dogg View Post
You'll need to use component video and a component to DVI adapter like this. There is no component to HDMI adapter available (I think it's impossible to make that conversion) so that's pretty much your only option.

Edit: This is the Wii component video adapter. There are 3rd party ones that are a little cheaper.
Component to HDMI converter:

http://sewelldirect.com/Apogee-RGB-C...-Converter.asp

post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 12:40 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 443 (Unique: 358)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubesaddict View Post
Interesting - didn't know they made one of those. It must have some circuitry inside as a straight component to HDMI transition is not possible. But, good find!

post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 12:52 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 100 (Unique: 88)
I know you are looking for a way to hook up your wii via DVI, but I found a cable that goes directly from the wii to VGA instead. Here's the cable and here's a review.

TF2
heart.gifK702's for life!heart.gif
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 05:45 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 13)
Wow looks great. Thanks for that.

post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 02:07 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Hi people. I just bought my new samsung XL2370
To my ps3 using HDMI.

Xl2370 Just have Audio entrance, HDMI, DVI, and i as just thinking using My wii on my samsung to.
Ive read some of posts here, and im tryin see if have a real solution to put my WII working on my monitor.

I have the normal Compun. (http://img.hardcore-gamer.net/tienda...omponentes.jpg)

The solution the people see to works, is wht?

This and This?

Im gona read the review and see if some people have that advice and if works well.

Ty and hope someone reply =)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in