[Official] Nintendo 3DS Discussion/Club Thread - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] Nintendo 3DS Discussion/Club Thread

post #1 of 2952 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff
Oupavoc is on a distinguished road Oupavoc is on a distinguished road Oupavoc is on a distinguished road

mrCPTOf.png

Official Nintendo 3DS Site
http://nintendo3dsblog.com/

Welcome to The Nintendo 3DS Club

Nintendo 3DS Friends List:

*** To be added to owners list please PM me and I'll be happy to add you to the list thank you ***

Sig
Code:
[center][url="https://www.overclock.net/nintendo/971097-nintendo-3ds.html"][size="2"][color="Black"][b]Nintendo 3DS Club[/b][/color][/size][/url][/center]

Hey everyone, has anyone played around with one? Anyone buying one? What do you guys think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2952 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 06:28 PM
New to Overclock.net
Waffleboy Level 1

I haven't gotten a chance to play one, but I'm picking one up when it comes out this weekend. I'm really excited, though not much can deter me from Nintendo's next product biggrin.gif I'm a bit dissapointed at the battery life and launch line up, but I'm picking up Super Street Figher IV (don't have it for a console) and am looking forward to that. It should tide me over till we get the big games (OoT, Kid Icarus, and games later down the road too).

"Do not trust Bunny-Cat!" - SF Debris
post #3 of 2952 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 06:29 PM
New to Overclock.net
Sodalink is an unknown quantity at this point Sodalink is an unknown quantity at this point

I pre-ordered 2, but after a lot of thinking I don't know if I should cancel my Amazon order or just decide when I have them in my hand and eitehr return them, keep them or see if they sell for a profit.

Now I just can't seem to justify paying $250 for them, specially when I haven't sold my daughter's (cough mine) Dsi XL.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 2952 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff
Oupavoc is on a distinguished road Oupavoc is on a distinguished road Oupavoc is on a distinguished road

Yeah I heard about the 5hrs tops for the battery life. Do you guys think they will make a 3DS lite with better life?
post #5 of 2952 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 06:38 PM
New to Overclock.net
Waffleboy Level 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oupavoc;12818353 
Yeah I heard about the 5hrs tops for the battery life. Do you guys think they will make a 3DS lite with better life?

I'm sure they will. Lots of people seem to think it will be out in a few months though, which is ridiculous of course. I'd say 1.5 years minimum, 3 years maximum before it comes out.

post #6 of 2952 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff

How long did it take then to release the DS lite, wasn't it less then a year after the original DS? Man was that thing ugly lol
post #7 of 2952 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 06:56 PM
**** Linux
Al plants Corn is an unknown quantity at this point Al plants Corn is an unknown quantity at this point

Nyko? is releases a battery pack that attached to the back of the 3DS, supposed to increase battery life to something like well over double. Can get that pack + a charging dock for it for $30. Kotaku had a write up about it.

To me, I see no point in getting a 3DS right now considering the launch titles are complete trash and nothing decent will come out for several months. And by then, hype will have died and sale prices will be aplenty. I'm going to wait to get one until the next pokemon game(which is surely to support 3D) since that's the only game I play on the DS anyways.

post #8 of 2952 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 07:00 PM
New to Overclock.net
Waffleboy Level 1

DS Lite came out about 1.5 years after the original DS.

post #9 of 2952 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 07:10 PM
New to Overclock.net
Jtwizzle is an unknown quantity at this point Jtwizzle is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll get one fo sho

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjecT TimeZ go_quote.gif
What's unacceptable is saying what other people think are unacceptable are unacceptable.

Whew, wrap your brain around that ^^ lmao.

post #10 of 2952 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 08:44 PM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff

Yeah I'm debating if I should get it or not. But tbh the price 249 for a handheld is high, 199 would have been the sweet spot.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in