Program Category: Diagnostic Software
Memtest86+ is a software tool used to detect memory failures.
There are four files attached. They have their different uses as follows. If you don't know which you want, chances are you want the iso.zip.
|Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip)(iso.zip)
memtest86+-4.20.iso.zip 67k .zip file
memtest86+-4.20.zip 63k .zip file
memtest86+-4.20.usb.installer.zip 125k .zip file
memtest86+-4.20.floppy.zip 268k .zip file
For the latest beta (5.00b1 as of 6/25/12) check this post https://www.overclock.net/t/146790/memtest86/0_100#post_17254693
I've not noticed any differences....and how much can the code change?
Is this adding anything new?
|After more than a year without any update due to some lack of time, here is Memtest86+ V1.70 ! This new version comes with complete support for many new chipsets and many new CPUs, including Intel Core/Core2 and AMD K8 with DDR2 memory. Memtest86+ V1.70 now includes a new DMI polling feature in order to show all the memory-related DMI informations (conf. menu -> Error Report mode -> Show DMI Info). Users can enable a new option in configuration menu which will be able to show the exact memory stick that failed. This option require a fully DMI-compliant BIOS.
Here is the complete changelog :
- Added new DMI polling feature
- Added Support for Core/Core2 Solo/Duo/Quad CPU
- Added Support for AMD K8 with DDR2 Memory
- Added Support for Intel CPU with 192/384 KB L2 Cache
- Added Support for FB-DIMM based memory (DMI)
- Added Detection for ALI CyberAladdin-T (M1644)
- Added Detection for Turion 64 X2
- Added Detection for AMD K8 with unknown chipsets
- Added Support for ATi Radeon xPress 3200
- Added Support for Intel i975X
- Added Support for Intel Q965/P965
- Added Support for Intel Q963/Q965
- Some bug fixes
Thanks to Jesper Ekhall for betatesting and to Joachim D. for the DMI function.
Download is available at http://www.memtest.org
Official Forum : http://forum.memtest.org
You do not have to own a DFI board to use the utilities on the CD as they apply to all motherboards.
You can get more info from Here
I do not require regsitration for access to this CD.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|