Forum Jump: 

AusLogics Disk Defrag

post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 04:58 AM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff

Rep: 266 (Unique: 199)
Program Category: System Utilities

From the Publisher:

Quote:
Auslogics Disk Defrag was designed to remedy system sluggishness and crashes caused by disk fragmentation. It is optimized to work with today's modern hard disks. Auslogics Disk Defrag is extremely simple to use, does not require any analysis phase and is faster than most of the other disk defragmentation software. It will help you get the maximum performance out of your expensive hardware investments.
System Requirements:
  • Vista/XP/2000/2003 (32-bit and 64-bit supported)
  • 64 Mb of RAM
  • 2 Mb of available disk space

Current Version: 1.4.16.308

Publisher: www.auslogics.com

post-flame-small.gifOverclock.net Downloads Sectionpost-flame-small.gif

Overclock.net Outdoors Thread

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 04:59 AM

It's good, but JkDefrag is better IMO.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 05:05 AM

What exactly is the difference between this one and the Windows defragmentor? Just curious.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 05:12 AM
Senior Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolical999 View Post
What exactly is the difference between this one and the Windows defragmentor? Just curious.
There are a lot more advantages running a non-standard windows defragmentation software. For one it is a lot faster at getting the job done, and it is a lot more effective. You'll notice the difference when comparing the two

Quote:
The man never feels the want of what it never occurs to him to ask for. - Arthur Schopenhauer

post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mega_option101 View Post
There are a lot more advantages running a non-standard windows defragmentation software. For one it is a lot faster at getting the job done, and it is a lot more effective. You'll notice the difference when comparing the two
Oh. Cool I'll try it out. Thanks.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 08:03 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
Don't mean to sound rude, but I am not fully convinced about Auslogics' superiority over the Windows default defragger. It doesn't seem to do anything extra over the default XP tool, and ofcourse, both are not in the same league as Diskeeper 2k8. Auslogics is free, so that's one thing in it's favor, but it lacks essentials like simultaneous drive defrag, MFT-defrag and choice of defrag modes. (Eg. Diskeeper has VSS defrag mode for Vista).

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 08:12 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 35 (Unique: 31)
Looks good, I'll try it, but I've heard (as stated above) that Diskeeper is the best. Apparently, the Windows defrag utility is just a chopped down version of Diskeeper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooping^fish go_quote.gif
...Dood thise wuld b sik en mi p4 ht (duel caor) nd et mkz my megihertz lyk 29300900billionz and den aye kan haz teh entrawebz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwat go_quote.gif
...he is mad becuz i tell teacher , he have play on the swing with me , and he pull his pencil out , stab me in my front , i was bleed everywere and i go at the nurse , and this time i dont tell on him , cuz i dont want another stab.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 08:21 AM
Senior Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicore View Post
Don't mean to sound rude, but I am not fully convinced about Auslogics' superiority over the Windows default defragger. It doesn't seem to do anything extra over the default XP tool, and ofcourse, both are not in the same league as Diskeeper 2k8. Auslogics is free, so that's one thing in it's favor, but it lacks essentials like simultaneous drive defrag, MFT-defrag and choice of defrag modes. (Eg. Diskeeper has VSS defrag mode for Vista).
The best advantage over the standard Windows defrag of Auslogics Disk Defrag would have to be that it doesn't "analysis" the disk and starts defragmenting automatically. Not to mention that it takes a fraction of the time to accomplish the defragmentation

As you mentioned Diskeeper is in another league completely. Remember that you get what you pay for Seeing as I didn't pay anything for Auslogics Disk Defrag; therefore, I am very impressed with it over the standard Windows Defrag.

Thanks for your opinion.

Quote:
The man never feels the want of what it never occurs to him to ask for. - Arthur Schopenhauer

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-23-2008, 01:11 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 18 (Unique: 14)
I have been using this for a long time becuase of its incredible speed. But compared to Perfect Disk or Diskeeper 2008...
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 08:32 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 259 (Unique: 218)
my new favorite defrag tool thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in