Programs you would like to see here - Page 27 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Programs you would like to see here

post #261 of 267 (permalink) Old 10-02-2015, 04:14 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Iobit: Advanced system care, uninstaller, start menu 8 (if you still use windows 8), driver booster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #262 of 267 (permalink) Old 12-18-2015, 07:56 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 7)
I might just be missing this particular thread but would it be possible to make a thread or just a post about the essential PC(Mac& Linux too I guess) Diagnostic toolbox. For example software that makes your life easier when fixing a friend's PC. These are just some of the things I can think of off the top of my head.

7Zip (people debate me on 7Zip Vs. WinRAR all the time, I just happen to like 7Zip more)
CCleaner
Rufus (saves you so much time when trying to make a new install on a flashdrive or burn an ISO to a flashdrive)
Ninite. (I keep an up-to-date version of a ninite installer on my flash drive. Contains Chrome, FireFox, 7Zip, VLC, Java, .net, Shockwave, WinDirStat, and Picasa)
WinDirStat (makes seeing large chunks of data that is taking up space on a drive very easy)
Speccy (for me, it is a must have. It installs really quick and gives you a very detailed list of all hardware that it can see)
AS-SSD (good for benchmarking how a drive is performing)
SiSoft Sandra Lite (helpful all around bench mark/stress test but it can be cumbersome at times)
CPU-Z & GPU-Z(like speccy but lighter, quicker and relatively limited.)
Core Temp (helpful for monitoring temps on GPU and CPU cores)
MRI BDE( Geek squad tool. It is hard to find but it exists in "places")

Volvo. For Life. | Saab. Born from jets.2010 Saab 9-3 SS, 54K Miles, 6 Speed Manual. Full bolt on stage 3: Intake, 3" downpipe, 3" exhaust, Evo 8/9 FMIC with 2" piping. 2009 Saab 9-5 SportCombi, 2.3T, 5 Speed Manual, 190K miles.. stage 1. 1985 Saab 900 Turbo, 5 speed manual, 223K miles, all stock. 1995 Lexus LS400 235K miles, straight piped.
Ryzen Workstation
(15 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 1700X
Motherboard
MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon AM4
GPU
ASUS GTX 1070 8GB OC Edition
RAM
G.Skil TridentZ 16 GB DDR4 3200 MHz
Hard Drive
Intel 750 Series 400GB
Hard Drive
Crucial MX200 512 GB
Hard Drive
3TB Western Digital
Power Supply
PC Power & Cooling 600 Watt Mk 3
Cooling
Corsair H110i
Case
Fractal Design R5
Operating System
Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit
Keyboard
Logitech G710+
Mouse
Steelseries Sensei
Mouse
Corsair Mouse Mat
Audio
Senheiser HD 280 Pro
▲ hide details ▲
post #263 of 267 (permalink) Old 01-11-2016, 10:26 PM
RIP OCN

Rep: 25 (Unique: 19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by djleakyg View Post

I might just be missing this particular thread but would it be possible to make a thread or just a post about the essential PC(Mac& Linux too I guess) Diagnostic toolbox. For example software that makes your life easier when fixing a friend's PC. These are just some of the things I can think of off the top of my head.

7Zip (people debate me on 7Zip Vs. WinRAR all the time, I just happen to like 7Zip more)
CCleaner
Rufus (saves you so much time when trying to make a new install on a flashdrive or burn an ISO to a flashdrive)
Ninite. (I keep an up-to-date version of a ninite installer on my flash drive. Contains Chrome, FireFox, 7Zip, VLC, Java, .net, Shockwave, WinDirStat, and Picasa)
WinDirStat (makes seeing large chunks of data that is taking up space on a drive very easy)
Speccy (for me, it is a must have. It installs really quick and gives you a very detailed list of all hardware that it can see)
AS-SSD (good for benchmarking how a drive is performing)
SiSoft Sandra Lite (helpful all around bench mark/stress test but it can be cumbersome at times)
CPU-Z & GPU-Z(like speccy but lighter, quicker and relatively limited.)
Core Temp (helpful for monitoring temps on GPU and CPU cores)
MRI BDE( Geek squad tool. It is hard to find but it exists in "places")

I have a usb filled with programs like this (most of those in the list and a few others) that constantly comes in handy when building pcs or fixing/helping. Everyone should have one in their backpack, along with their first aid box and zombie survival kit.

What would be sweet is a program that kept the usb up to date with latest version of all the softwares.... and it probably exists.... might do a google search.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #264 of 267 (permalink) Old 01-11-2016, 10:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 36 (Unique: 35)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-clockwize View Post

What would be sweet is a program that kept the usb up to date with latest version of all the softwares.... and it probably exists.... might do a google search.

https://ninite.com/

Kinda like what you're suggesting

Existence is Resistance
The Ryzenator
(17 items)
Surface Book
(0 items)
CPU
ryzen 1800x
Motherboard
MSI Arctic Mortar b350
GPU
Gigabyte 1080 TI AORUS
RAM
G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3466 8GB x 2
Hard Drive
Samsung Evo 850 500GB
Hard Drive
Western Digital Black 3TB
Power Supply
Corsair RM850x
Cooling
EK-CoolStream PE 360
Cooling
Corsair SP120
Cooling
EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM
Cooling
EK-Supremacy MX CPU Waterblock - Acetal
Cooling
EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Aorus - Acetal+Nickel
Case
Corsair 460x RGB
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
AOC AGON AG352UCG
Keyboard
Logitech G810
Mouse
Corsair Harpoon RGB
▲ hide details ▲
post #265 of 267 (permalink) Old 01-12-2016, 04:58 PM
RIP OCN

Rep: 25 (Unique: 19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by haha216 View Post

https://ninite.com/

Kinda like what you're suggesting
Ah yeh ninite, i have seen that before ( i think in another "useful programs" thread on this forum ).
So with this, there's no worries about keeping the usb up to date.... just have any version of useful programs, and use ninite to install them all and update them to newest versions, nice smile.gif

But with ninite, the programs have to be installed for it to get the latest versions by the looks of it? Having the drive up-to-date could be useful for offline installs. Anyway, i'm being picky now, i'll look around to see what else there is, or maybe try to make something that'll sort it.
post #266 of 267 (permalink) Old 01-12-2016, 08:09 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 36 (Unique: 35)
No, you're totally right about the offline installs. Also, Ninite's software library is not very comprehensive. It's just what sprung to mind.

Existence is Resistance
The Ryzenator
(17 items)
Surface Book
(0 items)
CPU
ryzen 1800x
Motherboard
MSI Arctic Mortar b350
GPU
Gigabyte 1080 TI AORUS
RAM
G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3466 8GB x 2
Hard Drive
Samsung Evo 850 500GB
Hard Drive
Western Digital Black 3TB
Power Supply
Corsair RM850x
Cooling
EK-CoolStream PE 360
Cooling
Corsair SP120
Cooling
EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM
Cooling
EK-Supremacy MX CPU Waterblock - Acetal
Cooling
EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Aorus - Acetal+Nickel
Case
Corsair 460x RGB
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
AOC AGON AG352UCG
Keyboard
Logitech G810
Mouse
Corsair Harpoon RGB
▲ hide details ▲
post #267 of 267 (permalink) Old 01-15-2016, 01:10 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 28 (Unique: 13)
I like Throtttlestop software. It gives control of multiplier (overclocks unlocked CPUs only), and volts. It's really good when confronted with a locked BIOS. I got my Dell E520 to 4Ghz with a QX6800 using this.
Throttlestop 6.00 ( controls volts on LGA775 only)
https://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2288/throttlestop-6-00/

There is a Throttlestop 8.00 beta which has support for newer CPUs including 6-8 core. It has some support for volts on Core i #, but I don't know if it raises, or can only lower from BIOS setting. I don't have a newer computer to test this myself. I've seen betas up to v.6

Youtube here- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRUfmPvaOzI

It has many useful features even if you don't O/C with it. Monitors core%, temperatures, voltage. Has a benchmark to test stability, and cooling. Can turn off Speedstep for validation runs.

Dell Dimension E520 [email protected]
Delta GFB1212VHG, 8GB DDR2-800
R9-285 ITX 2GB DDR5, 240GB SSD
http://valid.x86.fr/l2j5p1

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in