How To Unlock The System BIOS On An ASUS G75VX | nVidia GTX 670MX Custom vBIOS Overclock Tutorial - Page 53 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

How To Unlock The System BIOS On An ASUS G75VX | nVidia GTX 670MX Custom vBIOS Overclock Tutorial

post #521 of 533 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 12:35 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 0

Can you re-upload those 8MB dumps please? I attempted to backup mine and write another but my eprom programmer didn't connect successfully and therefore didn't backup correctly - was using that TL866II but tried the CH341A instead which reads and writes to the bios chip like a champ!
Lord have mercy everyone is trying to charge to download this dump - scam bios bastards, i never pay nevvvar.

EDIT: Found it - http://radio-uchebnik.ru/shem/59-nou...proshivka-bios - this worked
Mirror: http://mirr.re/d/Ax7

Last edited by wolfmight; 07-29-2018 at 10:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #522 of 533 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 03:16 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by RypeDub View Post

Section 2: How To Extract / Insert A Custom Video BIOS File (Or Sometimes Referred To As A vBIOS) Into / From Your System BIOS Using MMTool

Part One: How To Use MMTool To Dump / Backup / Extract Your Video BIOS (sometimes called a vBIOS)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)1.) Download MMTool, this is the program that will allow you to Load up your BIOS and insert the custom vBIOS, here is the download link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/83er4m

2.) Load up MMTool and then click on the Load Image button and locate the BIOS-Backup.rom we just made in your BIOS Tools/System BIOS/vBIOS Inserted folder.

3.) Now locate and click on the Extract tab.

4.) Once on the Extract Tab, click on Browse and navigate to your BIOS Tools folder. Lets make a new folder: Video BIOS. Go into that folder and make one more: Backup folder.

5.) Where is says File name: lets name our backup: vBIOS-Backup.rom. We are saving our vBIOS right now.

6.) Underneath where it shows the file path, there is a section called: For Option ROM Only. Check the box: Link present, then keep it at the default option, do NOT change the drop down list.

7.) Now click on Extract to the right. We have now just dumped / backed up / extracted our Video BIOS, or vBIOS.

Part Two: How To Use MMTool To Insert Your Custom / Modified Video BIOS (sometimes called a vBIOS) Back Into Your System BIOS
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)1.) Download MMTool, this is the program that will allow you to Load up your BIOS and insert the custom vBIOS, here is the download link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/83er4m

2.) Load up MMTool and then click on the Load Image button and locate the BIOS-Backup.rom we just made in your BIOS Tools/System BIOS/vBIOS Inserted folder.

3.) Now locate and click on the Extract tab.

4.) Once on the Extract Tab, click on Browse and navigate to your BIOS Tools folder. Lets make a new folder: Video BIOS. Go into that folder and make one more: Backup folder.

5.) Where is says File name: lets name our backup: vBIOS-Backup.rom. We are saving our vBIOS right now.

6.) Underneath where it shows the file path, there is a section called: For Option ROM Only. Check the box: Link present, then keep it at the default option, do NOT change the drop down list.

7.) Now click on Extract to the right. We have now just dumped / backed up / extracted our Video BIOS, or vBIOS.

Thank you guys for really great job, I read already all pages of discussion. And prior to flashing my Asus G75VX 3D please clarify Section 2 - how to correct insert vBIOS, because at instruction double copied same info for extract only.
Thanks in advance and best regards.
post #523 of 533 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 05:50 AM
New to Overclock.net

It is looks like it is required in MMTool load image from vBIOS Inserted folder and then click replace tab, browse Kepler edited vBios and check the box: Link present, then keep it at the default option. After that push replace button. And finally save button. It will be saved to "vBIOS Inserted" folder as BIOS-Backup.rom. And finally we are ready to flash.
Please comment is it correct?
Thanks

Last edited by Dalexus; 12-11-2018 at 06:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #524 of 533 (permalink) Old 12-15-2018, 11:54 AM
New to Overclock.net

Anybody know is it still working? Already flashed my edited vBIOS but overclock is doesn't works at Windows 10. Tried many nVidia drivers, also v. 353, but no anyone supports overclock.
post #525 of 533 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 04:46 AM
New to Overclock.net

Already done by using another way... GPU Core/Mem 900/2400MHz stable, 73deg temp under stress test. Mentioned above method of core overclocking unlock is not working.
post #526 of 533 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 03:07 AM
Laptop Enthusiast

Rep: 445 (Unique: 331)
Shame to know there won't likely be any GPU released that can do what this thing managed all that time ago. Only now does the 670MX start to struggle in games, was probably the best GPU to try to snag back when it was released. Had a good run, that's for sure.

SKYNET Mobile v3.0
(12 items)
Inspiring Greatness
(13 items)
CPU
i7-8750H @ 3.9GHz
Motherboard
Intel HM370
GPU
6GB GTX 1060
RAM
32GB DDR4 2666
Hard Drive
256GB SSD
Hard Drive
500GB Samsung 840 Pro
Power Supply
180w Power Adapter
Case
Tongfang GK5CN6Z
Operating System
Windows 10 Home
Monitor
1920x1080 144hz IPS Display
Mouse
Logitech G502 Proteus
Mousepad
Xtrac Ripper
CPU
Intel Core i5-6300HQ
Motherboard
Dell Proprietary
GPU
4GB Nvidia GTX 960M
RAM
Samsung 12GB (1x8GB 1x4GB) DDR3L 1600 MHz
Hard Drive
256GB SanDisk M.2 SSD
Hard Drive
1TB HGST 7.2k HDD
Power Supply
130w PSU
Cooling
Custom Cooling by Dell Solutions
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-Bit
Monitor
15.6" 1920x1080 IPS Screen
Keyboard
Dell
Mouse
Logitech G602 Wireless
Mouse
Xtrac 'Ripper' Mouse Pad
▲ hide details ▲
post #527 of 533 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 04:12 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 2)
Updated Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TT...tN7yTnbeP16SlI
Also attached the zip from the video to this post.

btw I'm not sure what you mean about windows 10 because I still use my g75vx to game occasionally on windows 10 and the OC works just fine for me. It's a bios-level mod, not a software mod.
Attached Files
File Type: zip BIOSMOD.zip (8.45 MB, 7 views)

lol
post #528 of 533 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 10:41 AM
New to Overclock.net

thank for the updated link.
post #529 of 533 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 04:21 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by RypeDub View Post

Section 3: How To Apply Manual Overclocking To Your Graphics Card

IF YOU HAVE DONE EVERYTHING IN THIS THREAD TO APPLY AN OVERCLOCK, BUT JUST DON'T SEEM TO BE HITTING ANY CLOCKS YOU ARE SETTING, IT MIGHT BE BECAUSE YOUR GRAPHICS CARD AND CPU NEED TO HAVE THEIR THERMAL PASTE AND THERMAL PADS REPLACED!!!

THIS IS BECAUSE THE THERMAL PASTE / PADS WERE EITHER IMPROPERLY INSTALLED OR ARE DAMAGE OR IS WEARING OUT AND YOUR TEMPERATURES ARE SOO HIGH YOUR CARD IS REDUCING POWER TO KEEP COOL AND PREVENT DAMAGE, THUS DISABLING OVERCLOCKING!!!

PLEASE CHECK THE LAST PAGE FOR INFO ON THIS!!! I WILL BE ADDING A LINK AND TUTORIAL ON HOW TO DO SO SOON!!!

DO NOT USE ARTIC SILVER 5 FOR THE GPU / IN REPLACEMENT OF THERMAL PADS FOR THE GPU!! USE http://www.arcticsilver.com/cmq2.html

THIS IS A TRI-LINEAR CERAMIC BASED THERMAL PASTE AND DOES NOT CONDUCT ELECTRICITY, ARTIC SILVER 5 IS A POLYSYNTHETIC SILVER BASED THERMAL PASTE AND IS VERY SLIGHTLY CAPACITIVE, WHICH COULD POTENTIALLY FRY CIRCUITRY!!!

ARTIC SILVER 5 SHOULD ONLY BE USED ON YOUR CPU
**note: Artic Silver 5 is the actual product, Artic Silver 7 is actually just 7 grams of the AS5 product, do not be fooled by others on the interwebs, and do your own research. hell, email Artic Silver if you'd like.

This section will explain how to use a program called Kepler BIOS Tweaker to modify a Video BIOS (vBIOS) file to apply custom overclocking AND voltage modifications in order to utilize as much power as you can from this amazing graphics card.

I don't have the link right now but the topic is from this site. Google Kepler BIOS Tweaker and that will have the tutorial on how to use the program till I have time to re word it here.

Work in progress, do NOT follow yetWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Open KBT

Click on the Open button in the lower left of the app, navigate to your vBIOS-Backup.rom file, copy it, go up one folder, make a new folder Kepler Edited, paste a copy in there and choose that file to open in KBT

On the main page, change TDP Base Clock to: 993 MHz and Memory Clock to 2400 MHz

Then click on the Voltage Table tab, scroll down to the bottom till you see P05 and P00

Change ALL the sliders, left and right, to 1037.5mV. There are a total of 12 sliders that need to say 1037.5mV.

Now click on the Boost Table tab, move the bottom slider to 993 MHz.

Lastly, click on the Save BIOS button in the bottom left of the app

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _

How to overclock your Monitor, for the lulz:

http://imgur.com/a/1UE0d

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _

How to OverClock your Fan Speeds!

http://www.computerbase.de/forum/sho....php?t=1070494

Here is the configuration for our laptop: https://mega.nz/#!oEQkjJzQ!OxJa5QMQw...hkE2HsRzU1YZV4

1. could you please upload the monitor overclock image it is removed from the server. mega link is also removed
2. Did you also overclocked the cpu?
3. what thermal pads would you say that are the best for the gpu and cpu? are the liquid metal ideal for both cpu and gpu?
post #530 of 533 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 03:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

Hello everyone,
i overclocked the GPU with the vBios extracted from DaveUnderscore and flashed through cmd with these results.
are the settings alright? is there something wrong? for the info i just changed the CPU thermal paste with liquid metal but the GPU i did not changed it is the as the day i bought it.
When i changed the memory clock offset in Nvidia inspector with the base clock offset by 444 mhz+ the pc blocked and i need to shutdown the pc rapidly. i thought i bricked the Video card. As i restarted everything was returned to normal settings.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	overclocked.png
Views:	5
Size:	957.5 KB
ID:	271318  

Click image for larger version

Name:	overclocked2.png
Views:	7
Size:	966.5 KB
ID:	271320  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in