Asus X505ZA throttling - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Asus X505ZA throttling

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Asus X505ZA throttling

Hello everyone, I've bought this laptop, a great laptop, but it sometimes throttle when light gaming or whenever i do a benchmark. It does not go at its full power. It mounts a Ryzen 5 2500u that goes around 2ghz and 3.6(at least the specs are these), 8gb ddr4 ram at 2400mhz (single channel, but I am planning to buy a second stick of ram to get the dual channel power) and an m.2 ssd. The main problem is that the cpu underclocks at 1.5/1.6ghz when it throttles. I've tried to use ryzenadj and other similar programs to get the cpu gain more power, but it didn't work(well it did but for few seconds and then it reverted to normal power). The last thing that i am thinking to gain more power from the cpu is to mod the bios, but I know this is really dangerous thing to do(i can't do it), or at least to find someone that has my same laptop with the modified bios. If anyone knows something about how to gain more power for the cpu, or can mod the bios and it will assure it will work 100% without bricking it(also if I know that asus pc and laptops has asus crashfree bios utility 3, and i don't know if this laptop has this utility), it'll be good for me. Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for help. And sorry for bothering you guys. (and also sorry for my bad english, if there are any grammar error, I am not a native speaker)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 11:52 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
In Windows control panel, Power settings - there is a max performance option, stops my throttling on some.

See also;

https://www.techpowerup.com/download...-throttlestop/

https://www.notebookcheck.net/How-to....213140.0.html

sf
(7 items)
CPU
i9-9900k
Motherboard
Phantom SLi/ac
GPU
1660 SC Ultra
RAM
16Gb G-skill
Hard Drive
970 Evo
Hard Drive
660p
Power Supply
Corsair CX650
▲ hide details ▲
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Unfortunately I already tried throttle stop but it doesn't support ryzen 5 mobile. And also I unlocked the maximum performance mode on the notebook since it is installed Win10 home on it, had to do it from the cmd. It increased performance a bit but it is still throttling. I really hate it because i can't use the processor at its maximum power :\. It really annoy me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in