What do I need to charge laptop by USB-C? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

What do I need to charge laptop by USB-C?

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
What do I need to charge laptop by USB-C?

I'm not seeing too much data out there on this subject... or any that has specifications. I got a Lenovo laptop with USB-C charging port. It has a 65watt charger. I bought a Amazon basics usb a to usb c cable rated/limited? for 3amps. I already had a EasyAcc battery bank 20AH 4.8amps smart output, but it's really 2.4amps per port. If I connect it, my laptop detects it, but it says it's not charging. I tried with some other usb stuff on my computer/monitor and it would I guess charge, then lose connected and repeat. Right now I've got my laptop sleeping to see if it will get any charge from my battery backup. (sleep draws tiny power) It at least seemed to slow down the discharge of the battery.

I'm wondering if I get a battery bank that is rated for 3amps, if the 0.6amp difference will make it worth it. What if I get one rated for even more and somehow go over the cable rated 3amps? Maybe I'm going at this wrong? I'm only trying to be able to charge my laptop on the go or when I'm away from a wall outlet. I'm also not seeing cables over 3.1 amps, on Amazon anyways.

Thanks,
Higgins909
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in