Looking for possible gamer laptop.... - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Looking for possible gamer laptop....

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 01:09 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Looking for possible gamer laptop....

Alright so here is the run down, originally i looking at budget laptop's such as the acer nitro 5, msi gl63 8rc-069, helios 300, as well as the omen i5-8300.

But what i am looking for is a good all around laptop, do i have to stick to strictly gaming orient as far as one that has a decent gpu ? Absolutely not, was just my original intent as i thought if I'm going to spend 600-800+ range i might as well get a good mid level laptop.

I would actually prioritize battery life over it all although it's not a deal breaker.
I don't have a budget but would rather keep it in the 300-1200ish range if one is stand out even more i wouldn't mind spending more but considering how fast laptops as well as desktops gpu's change in price yeah lol.

So suggestions would always be awesome and I'd appreciate it a lot.
Also I'm not stuck on a certain ios or CPU but I've seen absolutely such mixed reviews on the budget laptop's it scares me.
I'd also prioritize using a ssd over a hhd, although i know with some budget builds it's ideal to void the warranty I'd guess and swap in a ssd ?

Also if anything is unclear ask away and i can always try to clear it up.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 02:46 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Hi,

In case you are looking at Clevo based laptops too I have two models for you

https://dreammachines.pl/en/configurator/G1660Ti-15NA22
https://dreammachines.pl/en/configurator/G1650-15NA20

Not sure wheather you prefer with 15 or 17" though both versions are perfect. 17.3" might be a little difficult to carry around though has bigger heatpipes and radiators for cooling.

Both of them have a SSD 480 GB Standard , so something you want.

Another interesting alternatve is Lenovo Legion Y540:

https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Notebo.../dp/B07QDKML8D

THough has lower capacity of SSD. So it's a thing for you to consider. Hope I helped
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 05:41 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Thanks for the heads up, as well i am not familar with the clevo based laptops, is the customization what makes them so popular ? or are they just great pc's all around ?
anyways thanks for the suggestions and screen size doesn't matter to me as well.
the thing im thinking is doesn't the helios have roughly the same hardware for the straight 1k price ? This isn't a judgement or anything i'm just curious, as looks like on the clevo based site that it doesn't link straight to the pc, as well i had to change the price to usd .

But as well thanks for the suggestions keep them omingeveryone

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 12:53 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by Sniperoflords View Post
Thanks for the heads up, as well i am not familar with the clevo based laptops, is the customization what makes them so popular ? or are they just great pc's all around ?
anyways thanks for the suggestions and screen size doesn't matter to me as well.
the thing im thinking is doesn't the helios have roughly the same hardware for the straight 1k price ? This isn't a judgement or anything i'm just curious, as looks like on the clevo based site that it doesn't link straight to the pc, as well i had to change the price to usd .

But as well thanks for the suggestions keep them omingeveryone

It's not the cusotomization that makes them so popular, it is a major belief. Of course for the RGB fans keyboard glowing red and blue is very important what I don't undermine.

The key here is not the design, though the performance in gaming. Dream Machines from what I saw do high-end configurations with desktop CPU's which even have the possibilitylity to overclock! They hava a unique software license so called Prema-Bios which unlocks the clocks in the laptops CPU unit and enables you to overclock it or undervolt it. Same with RAM- Prema works here as well. DEpending on your needs.

This is for the people who are geeks and want to take their gaming experience to the next level. Well the customization is in favour as it comes to creating niche configurations for your pesonalized needs. Just as you would go to the tailor and wantedhim to sew you a suit that fits your needs.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 08:12 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by marand97 View Post
It's not the cusotomization that makes them so popular, it is a major belief. Of course for the RGB fans keyboard glowing red and blue is very important what I don't undermine.

The key here is not the design, though the performance in gaming. Dream Machines from what I saw do high-end configurations with desktop CPU's which even have the possibilitylity to overclock! They hava a unique software license so called Prema-Bios which unlocks the clocks in the laptops CPU unit and enables you to overclock it or undervolt it. Same with RAM- Prema works here as well. DEpending on your needs.

This is for the people who are geeks and want to take their gaming experience to the next level. Well the customization is in favour as it comes to creating niche configurations for your pesonalized needs. Just as you would go to the tailor and wantedhim to sew you a suit that fits your needs.
That makes sense, that is kinda neat to be able to mess around with the bios. Although to be honest i can't recall ever wanting to overclock a laptop. But then again when i built my pc i didn't think i'd be so interested in as well.

As well does anyone have suggestions to AMD based cpu laptops i've heard mostly rumors and or big fans of AMD cpus saying that for less money iirc the 3500 stays on par with the i-5.

But anyways still looking at more suggestions on other laptops if anyone has some

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Turns out after a lot of discussion with some friends on laptop gamer pc's apparently you're better off with just sticking to a desktop.
Don't get me wrong, but i don't want a 1k+paper weight i guess with a lot of discussion it's kinda made me jump to something more built towards long time spans off the charger and upgrading my desktop rig to be more mid gaming centered 🙂

But thanks for the suggestion that website is definitely awesome for sure.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in