Laptop for lite gaming short video editing. - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Laptop for lite gaming short video editing.

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019, 07:34 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Laptop for lite gaming short video editing.

Greetings
Will be traveling quite a bit soon and I want a lite gaming and work laptop to carry along. Just need some idea whats good currently or a site with research explaining things in detail.
games will be mostly offline, and certain kinds of multiplayer nothing strenuous. I want a built in dvd RW optical disc drive like the old ones. video editing will be very short 10-15 secs I have "Vegas 16 editor" would it be to heavy for laptop? my price limit is around $800 id definitely consider used laptops if they are safe/reputable.
The first and last laptop I bought was back in 2010 at Walmart, HP 13in windows 7 when I was just discovering pc gaming, got it to play star wars eaw foc lol!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 02:28 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Hi , If I were you I would think about something like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-IdeaPa...=fsclp_pl_dp_1

THough If you would consider buying an external optcal drive, you could get some more on perfnce + cooling and make your gaming experience better as you may well know that Optical drive takes a lot of space and leaves almost no space left for cooling plus sometimes SSD or RAM modification.

If you would like something quite ok for gaming then you would go for G1050-15NA53 or G1050-15NA54. Here you pay for the components and efficient cooling system which is durable instead of just the drive , which you can easily buy and use externally. Catch the link and enjoy

https://dreammachines.io/en/laptops
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 09:13 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 611 (Unique: 296)
I suggest finding a laptop with a 3500U, it will be many times faster than that A9 or whatever APU. While it's called A9 it's actually awful and slower than my A8-6410 due to it only having two cores.

I don't know what prices are in your area but where i a 3500U laptops can be had for around 600 USD and are far better than Intel at the same price when it comes to price/performance and gaming.

Here is an example of the kind of laptop that I recommend:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07W9L7BLR...productDetails

In China there are much better configurations than on Amazon. I can get laptops with 12GB RAM 512GB SSD and even 1-2TB mechanical drives. Of course they're more expensive but at least the option exists. I wouldn't take these options as I want to get my own SSD (no idea what they use) and my own HD. But that's beside the point.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by faraz1729 go_quote.gif
Haha, Liranan, you creep.

Tacitus - The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws

Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realise we cannot eat money. - Cree Indian Proverb

Last edited by Liranan; 12-04-2019 at 09:19 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 09:41 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 586 (Unique: 328)
many lenovos ship with usb opticals.

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 09:48 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 91 (Unique: 72)
I picked up a Dell G3 15.6" laptop with the i7-7700HQ (rebadged as the i5-8300H) + GTX 1050 4GB + 16GB Ram + 1TB HDD + 256GB NVMe for $490 USD last april. The only thing it's lacking for the OP is an optical drive built in. No reason to pay $600 for a 3500U lappy when there are superior options available.

I'd recommend looking into a lightly used Acer Predator G9. I'd imagine you could find a few that come in under budget and were well looked after.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 10:01 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 611 (Unique: 296)
Quote: Originally Posted by speed_demon View Post
I picked up a Dell G3 15.6" laptop with the i7-7700HQ (rebadged as the i5-8300H) + GTX 1050 4GB + 16GB Ram + 1TB HDD + 256GB NVMe for $490 USD last april. The only thing it's lacking for the OP is an optical drive built in. No reason to pay $600 for a 3500U lappy when there are superior options available.

I'd recommend looking into a lightly used Acer Predator G9. I'd imagine you could find a few that come in under budget and were well looked after.
This deal doesn't exist where I am so I am basing my recommendation on the availability of products in my area.

I forgot to mention that Vegas Pro 17 is much faster than 16. Render times for me have dropped immensely by upgrading from 16 to 17.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by faraz1729 go_quote.gif
Haha, Liranan, you creep.

Tacitus - The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws

Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realise we cannot eat money. - Cree Indian Proverb
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 02:38 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
I would like to ask. Any of you guys know clevo resellers? I recently found one which his quite an interesting range in his offer.

https://buyclevo.com/en/

Try to look here and let me know what are your thoughts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in