Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - Want to learn programming, Where do i start?

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter
matty_AFC
New to Overclock.net
matty_AFC Level 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman517 View Post

HTML is easy, you usually just learn it to get your shoes wet wink.gif IMO it really does not help too much with programming unless you are trying to see if you are going to like it or not. It is really fun to learn, but is not really needed unless you want to be a web developer or web programmer. Also, another opinion of mine is that java is much easier than C++, the one thing I love about java compared to C++ is that it has its own garbage collection tongue.gif
Look into different distros of linux if you havent and familiarize yourself with one of them. It will help you in the long run with programming.

OK I'll leave HTML for now. could you recommend any good beginner books for java. Yeah I've heard about Linux being good if you want to do programming, not sure why though, haven't found an explanation as to why. However i have been planning on downloading Ubuntu and learning how to use that.