[Official] Antec Lanboy Air Case Club - Page 175 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] Antec Lanboy Air Case Club

post #1741 of 3196 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 07:52 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 90 (Unique: 57)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperTeamTango View Post

Lawl, will do tonight.
When I get home assuming no homework I'll take mounting pics for that rad.
RedSeal Sealant, also if there' 15 fan bays, Im gonna put fans there.

Now you need to add an extra bay to the front and add a 16th fan. lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1742 of 3196 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 08:09 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Doesn't that get a bit noisy? Also, do you notice any performance gains from that many fans? Just wondering if it would behoove me to try to add fans where there are none, considering my CPU temps never see 40c and the GPU never sees 70c. Or maybe it's just an aesthetic thing, dunno.
post #1743 of 3196 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 12:15 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
[quote name="ShtKck" url="/t/1038766/official-antec-lanboy-air-case-club/1730#post_16811171"
Don't mean to nitpick, but could I see where it's "bolted"? I'm assuming you drilled some hole or something? Like I said, I've always been interested to see how people get the H100 in their cases because I really wanted to when I was planning out the rig.
.[/quote]

I posted some pics a few pages back where I mounted my h100 in the lanboy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1744 of 3196 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff

Rep: 110 (Unique: 82)
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil jerry View Post

Quote:

Lawl, will do tonight.
When I get home assuming no homework I'll take mounting pics for that rad.
RedSeal Sealant, also if there' 15 fan bays, Im gonna put fans there.

Now you need to add an extra bay to the front and add a 16th fan. lol

Nope, replacing the Q12 within a couple weeks, also I use my DvD a fair bit, + custom control panel at bottom soon. Cads posted earlier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3xt3r420 View Post

Doesn't that get a bit noisy? Also, do you notice any performance gains from that many fans? Just wondering if it would behoove me to try to add fans where there are none, considering my CPU temps never see 40c and the GPU never sees 70c. Or maybe it's just an aesthetic thing, dunno.

15 fans: STT has OCD, in his mind there's not such thing as an unused space, only a goal or a wasted space.
LEDs: Yep, big time astetics. Be honest, it looks cool if your room can be lit well enough to function without sun or overhead lights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShtKck View Post

Don't mean to nitpick, but could I see where it's "bolted"? I'm assuming you drilled some hole or something? Like I said, I've always been interested to see how people get the H100 in their cases because I really wanted to when I was planning out the rig.

Here ya go guys, fully proper H100 LBA mounting instructions:

Step 1: Leave 2 bays at the top for 5.25s, move the 2 fan cages up 1 bracket.

On bench:
Step 2: Remove the front 2 fan cages, and detatch the fans from the cages (temporarily no cut wires)

Step 3: Bolt the H100 rad to the bottom fan, 4 bolts.

Step 4: Replace both fan cages onto the fans and attach them to the case.

Power up.

Have a use for 3d printing? Laser Cutting? Laser Scanning? 4/5 axis CNC Milling? Give me a shout! Want to figure out how to make something yourself? Still give me a shout!
post #1745 of 3196 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 04:19 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vypr View Post

[quote name="ShtKck" url="/t/1038766/official-antec-lanboy-air-case-club/1730#post_16811171"
[/quote]

His is in a different location is it not?

Audio:
Mobile: FLAC -> iPhone 4S -> ATH-ESW9 {AT-HPP5}
Home: FLAC -> CYLONRAIDER (PC) ->Schiit Bifrost-> Schiit Asgard -> ATH-W1000X

post #1746 of 3196 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vypr View Post

Quote:

His is in a different location is it not?

OCD quote correction, and very, mine also does not use the incredibly loud stock fans.

Have a use for 3d printing? Laser Cutting? Laser Scanning? 4/5 axis CNC Milling? Give me a shout! Want to figure out how to make something yourself? Still give me a shout!
post #1747 of 3196 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 05:15 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 7)
Quote:

New Egg proves in a video that the difference between a lanboy with max fans is 2 or so degrees, if that, cooler than a lanboy with stock fans. So, for me, it's mostly aesthetic.

Audio:
Mobile: FLAC -> iPhone 4S -> ATH-ESW9 {AT-HPP5}
Home: FLAC -> CYLONRAIDER (PC) ->Schiit Bifrost-> Schiit Asgard -> ATH-W1000X

post #1748 of 3196 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff

Quote:

Quote:

New Egg proves in a video that the difference between a lanboy with max fans is 2 or so degrees, if that, cooler than a lanboy with stock fans. So, for me, it's mostly aesthetic.

Ascetics + OCD + hipster rig + looks AMAZING on stage. (DJ)

post #1749 of 3196 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 10:54 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 90 (Unique: 57)
Quote:

Heck I run two fans right now. Just the two in the front bay. Soon to be three but till I watercolor the lanboy again (next month) it's just the 2/3 in front and the intel stock cooler.

Lanboy will soon be taken down for a month or so. I've got to RMA the motherboard for no onboard audio and my XFX powersupply is making a ticking sound.

I have all the parts for the phantom but waiting on paint to arrive to complete the base paint job of the build. Oh not that it's related. That build log has been started and the link in my sig is now working also.

post #1750 of 3196 (permalink) Old 03-27-2012, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil jerry View Post

Quote:

Heck I run two fans right now. Just the two in the front bay. Soon to be three but till I watercolor the lanboy again (next month) it's just the 2/3 in front and the intel stock cooler.

Lanboy will soon be taken down for a month or so. I've got to RMA the motherboard for no onboard audio and my XFX powersupply is making a ticking sound.

I have all the parts for the phantom but waiting on paint to arrive to complete the base paint job of the build. Oh not that it's related. That build log has been started and the link in my sig is now working also.

Aight so its up to me to keep the LBA modding juices flowing, excellent, as there will be a MASSIVE series of updates from me this month and the next.

First things first, Read my fan review, there's clever hints about some unconfirmed projects smile.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in