[Official] Antec Lanboy Air Case Club - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] Antec Lanboy Air Case Club

post #21 of 3192 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 08:56 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 41 (Unique: 33)
can only do 5 per post and didn't get to include these last 2.

I still have some work to do. I intend to sleeve all those cables that aren't already sleeved. Also missing one of my video cards, my wife's video card died so I'm letting her borrow one of mine until we can get her a new one biggrin.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 3192 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 09:02 PM
BWG
Retired Staff

Rep: 143 (Unique: 113)
Updated

Sweet!

I'm still here.

post #23 of 3192 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 03:14 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Sorry for the horrible cable management, went from 2 480's and need to adjust the cables. Had a local place custom powder coat the whole case red. Not fun to take apart but a joy to build with. Thanks for making a club for this case biggrin.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 3192 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 05:05 AM
BWG
Retired Staff

You painted a lot of the parts inside. Looks pretty neat. Added.

I'm still here.

post #25 of 3192 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 05:17 AM
New to Overclock.net

Hey BWG its hard to see in your pictures how you did your cable management. do you have everything tied up in the back? I stuffed most of mine under my HDD where your reservoir and pump goes biggrin.gif that is the pump on the bottom correct? Whats the other thing you have tubed up near the middle right in the drive bay area?

post #26 of 3192 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 05:42 AM
BWG
Retired Staff

All of my cables are tied behind the motherboard except my front intake fans and side intake fans. I electical taped all the multi-colored wires, until I get some sleeving.

That is my pump and res combo below my Hard Drive. There is a C300 mounted behind that. The 240mm Radiator is what you see tubed in the middle of the HD bay. I used a bracket from the 3rd, unused drive slot, drilled holes through it and mounted the 240mm Radiator onto it.

Today, I am inserting a shelf above the Hard Drive, painting it black, and mounting the pump/res to it. I am also changing my loop around so my pump is not pushing water all the way to the rear 120 RAD. In fact, I am shutting down right now to drain the loop and will take pics when done.

I will take off the cover behind the motherboard to show you how I have the wires tied back.

I'm still here.

post #27 of 3192 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 06:50 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Managed to find some older pics of when I first built the computer. If you are wondering why or how I have 3 fans on the front the last picture is a failed first attempt at powder coating the case which ended in melting parts of the frame mad.gif.

post #28 of 3192 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 09:24 AM
BWG
Retired Staff

I like the 3 front fans. My girlfriend likes red and thinks I should change mine to look like yours. I like blue though. I am waiting on my batteries to recharge for my camera and I will shoot some pictures of the new water loop that has a ton less tubing, my painted pump/res stand, and I added a small fan to push more air through my ram sticks and onto my cpu socket. I will also try to get some dim light pics of it all lit up. I will remove that side panel so you can see the wire management too. Nothing fancy when I can hide it, but it is decent.

I want to nominate your case for the hall of fame because of your customization.

EDIT: Updated my Post 1. Here is my hidden cable management, horrible.

lb12.JPG

I'm still here.

post #29 of 3192 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 10:47 AM
BWG
Retired Staff

I just ordered 3 pairs of 12" UV lights for it.

I'm still here.

post #30 of 3192 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 11:18 AM
New to Overclock.net

Cables look horrible lol. But the inside looks good, so that's all that matters really. enclosed cases I think management behind the MB is a big issue, but with our case I don't think it really traps any heat or would cause problems. Honestly I don't even have the back panel on my case.

Funny you mention your girlfriend liking red, my wife wants the blue version lol.

Im going to be building her a new rig soon, and intend to get her the blue. My idea is to move the MB tray to the other side, so that the front of our cases can face each other and still have the MB and components visible. of course, the MB would be flipped so GPU would be above CPU, but I think it would still work out pretty well. Worth a shot anyway biggrin.gif

have you seen my post in the ASUS Crosshair IV thread? https://www.overclock.net/amd-motherboards/682489-official-asus-crosshair-iv-formula-extreme-76.html#post12527257

Ive got an extended ATX MB, its a tight fit.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in