The Cooler Master Storm Enforcer Club - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

The Cooler Master Storm Enforcer Club

post #11 of 2348 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Here are some mods I found on the Internet smile.gif :

This one is the AMD Scorpius Platform-Themed CM Storm Enforcer Mod :

4a.jpg

4b.jpg

And this one is by Volkszorn88 from the Techpowerup forums :

2vv2xq0.jpg

2im9ytw.jpg

2q1i81i.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 2348 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 06:51 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Just recieved my Enforcer smile.gif Here are my first thoughts of it :

Pros:
1. The 200mm Sickleflow fan is silent and has great airflow
2. The rear fan also has good airflow but makes slightly more noise
3. The screwless design of the HDD's and DVD is great
4. Overall it has greatly reduced the temperatures from my old Galaxy III case
5. In my opinion it looks great tongue.gif

Cons:
1. [For me] When I tried to connect the PSU, the CPU Cable did not reach to my Motherboard. However this happened as my PSU is designed to be top mounted. So untill my GX 750 psu arrives I have to leave it unmounted (which will increase temperatures)
2. So far nothing else smile.gif

About temperatures, on my previous case, while playing games the CPU used to rise to 70 degrees while with the Enforcer it remains between 55 and 60

If you have any questions about the case just ask me smile.gif (I'll post some pics once my PSU arrives)
post #13 of 2348 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 07:42 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Has anyone owned one of these as well as a cm 690? What are your thoughts between the two if you have?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 2348 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRock;13893791 
Has anyone owned one of these as well as a cm 690? What are your thoughts between the two if you have?
I only own the Enforcer but from what I know about the CM690, it supports up to 10 fans so if you purchase all those you'll have a lot of cooling. With the default cooling, on the ENforcer you have one 200mm fan on the front and another 120mm on the back (with support for 200mm on top) while the CM690 II Advanced has a 140mm on front, 120 on the rear and another 140mm on top so basically the CM690 with standard fans should provide slightly better cooling. If you are going to add more fans, the CM690 is the way to go. Personally I went with the Enforcer because I like it better and adding a 200mm on the top will give very good cooling wink.gif
post #15 of 2348 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 02:22 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRock;13893791 

I own a 690 II Advanced and the Enforcer and while both are nice cases there are 2 things to consider when purchasing either one.

The 690 II Advanced will easily allow 2-240 rads to be installed internally where the Enforcer doesn't allow any. If you plan on using a 240 rad you can only mount it on the outside of the Enforcer.

The Enforcer includes 2 top mounted USB 3.0 ports that you can connect to your motherboard via header connection and the 690 II Advanced doesn't. If you plan to buy the Enforcer case, make sure your motherboard has internal USB 3.0 header connectivity to take advantage of this.

As far as looks go, the Enforcer looks more aggressive and gives more of a gamer feeling than the 690. I really like the way the Enforcer looks. The insides are almost identical other than fan connections and the 690's ability to house 2-240 rads internally and the SSD Dock on the Enforcer. The Enforcer includes a side window and the 690 II doesn't but you can purchase a window for the 690 II Advanced from the CM website.

Hope this helps.
post #16 of 2348 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 01:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 27 (Unique: 24)
I like that they re-designed the rear exhaust fan, thats the main reason I'm looking into this case BUT .... I really dont like the fron cover at all, I prefer the look of my 912-A, any 912 user that bought the Enforcer and can verify of the front covers can be swapped? I know that the top area needs to be swapped aswell, Interested in this because I have a 3 5.25 cage with a 120mm fan that intakes air into the case, and that front cover wont let any air to be sucked in at all from what I can see.

Also what makes me interested in the case, is the ability to have a Corsair H100 inside + push fans and the rear exhaust fan? I hope thats possible.

post #17 of 2348 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 12:05 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
I have this case, I'd have to say it's a great case. The door does feel flimsy and cheap but everything else is great. Though I must say leaving near a rubbish dump doesn't help with keeping dust out of the case.redface.gif

Also when using headphones or the front usb ports it's really annoying to get a cd in/out of the drive since everything just hangs in front of the door. But I'll work on that eventually.
post #18 of 2348 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011, 08:31 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 88 (Unique: 75)
picsssssssssssssssssssssssss

PS3-Gamer PC FTW

post #19 of 2348 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011, 05:49 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR Mclaren;14017513 
picsssssssssssssssssssssssss
I'll post some pics once my new camera arrives as the one that I currently have isnt really that good tongue.gif
post #20 of 2348 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 06:12 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 88 (Unique: 75)
dsc05434g.jpg

dsc05437ae.jpg

more pics tomorrow !!!

PS3-Gamer PC FTW

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in