The Official Cooler Master Storm Trooper / Storm Stryker Club - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

The Official Cooler Master Storm Trooper / Storm Stryker Club

post #21 of 12669 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 01:29 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by azianai;14823366 
now to make it White/Black, and pay lucas their license fee =)

Lol... You never know if they'll even keep the name "storm trooper". I was thinking they should change it to "storm recon" or something like that. Yet again, I honestly don't think CM's nomenclature is the reason why they're in business. This design they've used in the demo sample of the case isn't as rugged and banged up like their HAF series but doesn't go full-blown conservative like the ATCS840 chassis I fell in love with. I honestly give props to CM for maintaining the 9 expansion slot-style mobo tray they've kept with the HAF-X case. I also wonder if fans could be mounted behind the motherboard tray...

Also I'm curious to see if they'll whip in the 200mm beasts they've been doing lately. Only reason why I said "CM has gone back to the good ol' stacker days" is because those chassis just house a crap tonne of 120s. Should they decide to go that route it would be really easy to source and tack on rads without having to tear up the chassis just to do it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 12669 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 128 (Unique: 63)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught2k3;14827075 
Lol... You never know if they'll even keep the name "storm trooper". I was thinking they should change it to "storm recon" or something like that. Yet again, I honestly don't think CM's nomenclature is the reason why they're in business. This design they've used in the demo sample of the case isn't as rugged and banged up like their HAF series but doesn't go full-blown conservative like the ATCS840 chassis I fell in love with. I honestly give props to CM for maintaining the 9 expansion slot-style mobo tray they've kept with the HAF-X case. I also wonder if fans could be mounted behind the motherboard tray...

Also I'm curious to see if they'll whip in the 200mm beasts they've been doing lately. Only reason

why I said "CM has gone back to the good ol' stacker days" is because those chassis just house a crap tonne of 120s. Should they decide to go that route it would be really easy to source and tack on rads without having to tear up the chassis just to do it.
It looks like a larger version of the Storm Scout by the Side view. With 2 120s at the top. Two on the side and surely some in the front. If not it would be easy to mount at least 3 in the front. I can't wait to see a Mod for it. It is coming.

cm-storm-trooper-case.jpg
post #23 of 12669 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 03:30 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 69 (Unique: 51)
looks to me its going to run the same card size problems the scout has and having the card sit inside the drive bays is just sicksmiley.png

saying that it doesnt put me off wanting one tongue.gif

No trees were destroyed in the writing of this signature, but a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 12669 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 04:03 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 81 (Unique: 74)
If you look, its actually an open hd cage nothing like the scout(which is good that it isnt like thr scout). This will be my next case(comming from a haf932

post #25 of 12669 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstar585;14833502 
looks to me its going to run the same card size problems the scout has and having the card sit inside the drive bays is just sicksmiley.png
saying that it doesn't put me off wanting one tongue.gif

IF they are calling this a Full Size case it must be bigger than the Scout. Also the Scout is 19 inch x 19 inches and this one is approximately 750 mm x 750 mm Judging from the 200 mm fans in the picture. so that would make the approximate total case size as 29 x 29 inches. That is a full 10 inches of room side and high more than the Scout.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papas;14833830 
If you look, its actually an open HDD cage nothing like the scout(which is good that it inst like the scout). This will be my next case(coming from a haf932

I think that this is the case that will replace the Haf but that is just MHO.
post #26 of 12669 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 05:36 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 81 (Unique: 74)
Quote:
Originally Posted by unimatrixzero;14834249 
IF they are calling this a Full Size case it must be bigger than the Scout. Also the Scout is 19 inch x 19 inches and this one is approximately 750 mm x 750 mm Judging from the 200 mm fans in the picture. so that would make the approximate total case size as 29 x 29 inches. That is a full 10 inches of room side and high more than the Scout.

I think that this is the case that will replace the Haf but that is just MHO.

Looks to me like they took the scout and stretched it till it was the size of the haf lol

post #27 of 12669 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

That was the whole idea of this case. In a way, this case is the COOLER MASTER STORM SCOUT II Case
post #28 of 12669 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 07:47 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 11 (Unique: 9)
post #29 of 12669 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 06:33 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtmarch86;14848279 
Yes... it WILL be MINE!! muahahahah devil-smiley-019.gif

If Overclock had a like button I would have used it on this post..

Facebook-Like-Button-big.jpg
post #30 of 12669 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 07:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 65 (Unique: 46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by unimatrixzero;14835538 
That was the whole idea of this case. In a way, this case is the COOLER MASTER STORM SCOUT II Case

Actually, its more like a revised HAF with front cooling coined from Lian Li Z series.

RIP Marco Simoncelli & Dan Wheldon
camera.gif <3
3G + Venturecraft Go-DAP + Sonicmax Pro + EQU + FLAC Player + Re-shelled & Re-cabled TF10's
king.gifSeaSonic X Series Owners Clubking.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in