Corsair Carbide Series Owners Club - Page 198 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

View Poll Results: Which One(s) Do you Own?
200R 92 14.77%
300R 135 21.67%
400R 112 17.98%
500R 284 45.59%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 623. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

Corsair Carbide Series Owners Club

post #1971 of 4633 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 06:43 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pc-illiterate View Post

put 1 of your new fans in the bottom blowing into your vid card. if all you have in the 5.25 bays is a dvd drive, zip tie the other there blowing straight into the cpu cooler.
take out the upper hdd bay. itll let the crap stock fan to blow more air. no reason to leave it in and add a fan to assist the stock fan. its restricted with the hdd bay in. any thinking will realize this.
use foam air conditioner filter cut to fit for fan filters. its cheap and effective. i cut a piece to cover my front panel from below the single dvd drive all the way to the bottom of front panel. its attached to the panel by just making a hole with a pencil/pen/screw/finger at the pins for attaching the front panel to the case. works like a charm. make sure you pull the crap plastic mesh corsair calls a filter from the front panel first.
i pulled the metal screen from the side panel and traced out the dimension on a piece of cardboard to fit in the screen/mesh area. cut it and marked and punched the holes for my fans. screwed the fans to the cardboard then used the fans for a template to cut the holes for the fans. dropped the foam filter in the mesh, placed the cardboard in the mesh next and then put the mesh back in the side panel. screwed in my fans and poof. filtered side panel, area not being used by fans blocked off, and you cant see the cardboard.
yeah. corsair couldve put a bit more thought into these cases before they released them. clouldve been the ultimate $125 case.

Can you post some pictures of your case? I'm having a bit of difficulty trying to figure out exactly what you're describing.

I've never really modified a case before, my current (and first) build uses an Antec Nine Hundred Two that I've never messed with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1972 of 4633 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 08:49 PM
SLK
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 16 (Unique: 15)
On the 500r white, I put some antec true quiet 120s on top. The only issue is that the mesh filter on the top blocks the air flow and most of it bellows up back into the case. Has anyone cut the filter out of the exhaust on the top of the 500r?

post #1973 of 4633 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 09:02 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 429 (Unique: 316)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post

On the 500r white, I put some antec true quiet 120s on top. The only issue is that the mesh filter on the top blocks the air flow and most of it bellows up back into the case. Has anyone cut the filter out of the exhaust on the top of the 500r?

It's very easy to remove. Just use a flat head screwdriver or butter knife to raise up the metal mesh "hooks", remove the plastic and then take off the filter. I took mine off and used it on the side panel initially. Be careful not to break the "hooks" when you bend them back.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1974 of 4633 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 05:10 AM
New to Overclock.net

My little update: MSI TFII GTX 470 SLI
file.html

file.html

file.html
post #1975 of 4633 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 06:57 AM
SLK
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBlackFire View Post

It's very easy to remove. Just use a flat head screwdriver or butter knife to raise up the metal mesh "hooks", remove the plastic and then take off the filter. I took mine off and used it on the side panel initially. Be careful not to break the "hooks" when you bend them back.

Thanks! I was afraid to pry at those hooks at first. Did it make a difference in temps when you removed that top filter?

post #1976 of 4633 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 08:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 429 (Unique: 316)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBlackFire View Post

Thanks! I was afraid to pry at those hooks at first. Did it make a difference in temps when you removed that top filter?

no.

post #1977 of 4633 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 01:07 AM
New to Overclock.net

my simple rig....biggrin.gif
post #1978 of 4633 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 08:15 AM
SLK
New to Overclock.net

It seems that I am having a hard time with the top fans. I have been battling this for months and I am just about to toss the towel in for top fans overall. It seems that I get some kind of harmonic vibration with any fans running over 500rpm on top of the case. I guess its just a noise that I would have to either deal with or just remove the fans. If I remove the fans, the heat would escape through convection I guess and it might increase temps a couple degrees. Is there anyone that doesn't use the top fan mounts?

post #1979 of 4633 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 05:34 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 28 (Unique: 24)
Hi to all smile.gif

meet the Project Titan rolleyes.gif

At this moment room is not repaired so you see some "crappy" wallpapers) Now system is 95% finished but i need to find something like a matte black vinyl to cover 3 5.25 bay places and PSU. 570's now are a liitle bit old but i can try to sell them and upgrade on triple 670. *wish me luck plz tongue.gif* Also now i dont have any camera so all photos (15mp) and video was captured from my Logitech C920 (1080p at real 30 FPS) webcam. Sorry for my english.

Hope you like it)

Full configuration is under the spoiler
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Case: Corsair Carbide 400R Black

Motherboard: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme

CPU: Intel Core i7 3930k @ 4.1 ghz

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100

RAM: 16GB (8x2) Patriot Sector 5 RED 2000 mhz @ 1866 Stable

GPU: 3x GigaByte GTX570 Super OverClock

HDD: 3x Hitachi 5k3000 3TB

SSD: 2x OCZ Vertex 3 90GB & OCZ Agility 3 60GB

SoundCard: Creative X-Fi Titaium

PSU: Thermaltake ThoughPower 1200 w

Fans: 11x BitFenix Spectre LED 120 mm

Fan Controller: 2x Zalman MFC-1 Black

Fan Filters: 2x Nexus FF-120

Cables: BitFenix Alchemy Uni-Sleeved Extensions

Lighting: 2x BitFenix 30 cm RED LED Stripe (rear now is off)

SLI Bridges: 2x 12 cm & 14 cm from MSI Lightning Package

Thanks to:

NekoVampire (14 cm SLI Bridge)

Alfred (12 cm SLI Bridge)

Daz from DazMode.com (WaterCooling answers)

Overclock.net (Corsair Hydro Thread)

Local computer store smile.gif

Black insulating tape helped to cover LED's on fan controllers and place above, so just one slot cover can show some "flesh"

One LED is dead( And this red led fans are usually out of stock in my local store(

It's hard to make BitFenix Cables look straight or anyhow you want without any zip ties or a threads.

PSU white side cover is bent due to disassembly, dust cleaning and the new 140 mm BitFenix fan inside,

Very nice fan filters, which you can find on Amazon about from 10-12 manufactures thinking.gif Dress up like a bottle cap

Cable managment is...you know. Sorry for the blurriness.

One call to Mike Tyson, 3 his punches and door was closed thumb.gif. Ok, i lied....4 punches. biggrin.gif

And the setup, if anybody interested.

Also I made a video.
post #1980 of 4633 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Freez View Post

Hi to all smile.gif

meet the Project Titan rolleyes.gif

At this moment room is not repaired so you see some "crappy" wallpapers) Now system is 95% finished but i need to find something like a matte black vinyl to cover 3 5.25 bay places and PSU. 570's now are a liitle bit old but i can try to sell them and upgrade on triple 670. *wish me luck plz tongue.gif* Also now i dont have any camera so all photos (15mp) and video was captured from my Logitech C920 (1080p at real 30 FPS) webcam. Sorry for my english.

Hope you like it)

Full configuration is under the spoiler
Case: Corsair Carbide 400R Black

Motherboard: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme

CPU: Intel Core i7 3930k @ 4.1 ghz

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100

RAM: 16GB (8x2) Patriot Sector 5 RED 2000 mhz @ 1866 Stable

GPU: 3x GigaByte GTX570 Super OverClock

HDD: 3x Hitachi 5k3000 3TB

SSD: 2x OCZ Vertex 3 90GB & OCZ Agility 3 60GB

SoundCard: Creative X-Fi Titaium

PSU: Thermaltake ThoughPower 1200 w

Fans: 11x BitFenix Spectre LED 120 mm

Fan Controller: 2x Zalman MFC-1 Black

Fan Filters: 2x Nexus FF-120

Cables: BitFenix Alchemy Uni-Sleeved Extensions

SLI Bridges: 2x 12 cm & 14 cm from MSI Lightning Package

Thanks to:

NekoVampire (14 cm SLI Bridge)

Alfred (12 cm SLI Bridge)

Daz from DazMode.com (WaterCooling answers)

Overclock.net (Corsair Hydro Thread)

Local computer store smile.gif

Black insulating tape helped to cover LED's on fan controllers and place above, so just one slot cover can show some "flesh"

One LED is dead( And this red led fans are usually out of stock in my local store(

PSU white side cover is bent due to disassembly, dust cleaning and the new 140 mm BitFenix fan inside,

Very nice fan filters, which you can find on Amazon about from 10-12 manufactures thinking.gif Dress up like a bottle cap

Cable managment is...you know. Sorry for the blurriness.

One call to Mike Tyson, 3 his punches and door was closed thumb.gif. Ok, i lied....4 punches. biggrin.gif

And the setup, if anybody interested.

Also I made a video.
damm thumb.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in