Cooler Master Cosmos 2 Club - Page 607 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Cooler Master Cosmos 2 Club

post #6061 of 6068 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 09:15 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelius View Post
Anyone know if the front intake can accept a 38mm-thick fan? Most consumer case fans are only 25mm.
If you mean the 200mm fan I doubt it unless you remove the HD Cage...

X299 - i9 7940X
(24 items)
CPU
i9-7940X
Motherboard
Asus Rampage VI Extreme
GPU
Asus Strix GTX 1080Ti OC
RAM
64GB Trident Z RGB
Hard Drive
Samsung M.2 960Pro 512GB
Hard Drive
WD Gold 10TB
Hard Drive
WD Red 4TB
Hard Drive
WD RED 4TB
Hard Drive
WD Green 2TB
Hard Drive
WD Green 2TB
Hard Drive
WD Green 2TB
Power Supply
Corsair AX1500i
Cooling
MO-RA 420 Pro
Cooling
EK RVIE Monoblock
Cooling
Phanteks Asus Strix 1080Ti GPU Block
Cooling
EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 PWM
Cooling
Bitspower Fittings
Cooling
Heatkiller 200mm Reservoir
Cooling
9X Corsair ML140 Pro Fans
Case
Coolermaster Cosmos 2
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
BenQ SW320 32" 4K
Mouse
Logitech MX Master 2S
Mouse
Logitech MX Master 2S
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6062 of 6068 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 06:58 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 34 (Unique: 30)
No it will not fit without major mods. The fan slides into a space between the front of the case and HDD cage and other front end structures from the side. I will take photos if you need/like when I get home. Just let me know if you need them

Self Proclaimed Gaming Nutt
post #6063 of 6068 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 04:43 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Hello. I'm sorry for my English. I would like to know if 35 '' front memory card readers can be placed in the 3'5 '' front bays. The width and height of a 3'5 '' hard drive is exactly the same width and height as a USB front or 3'5 '' memory card reader. And know if the doors that close those 3'5 '' bays can be removed, because I have seen that they have some screws on top.

I mean put this:

This is the same size as a 3'5 '' hard drive.

I would be grateful to hear from you.

Greetings and thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6064 of 6068 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 05:39 AM
New to Overclock.net

I cannot see an issue with this mod...but do you really need any extra front mounted USB ports? I mean, this super case already has 4 x #2 USB & 2 x #3 USB ports at front...when I bought my 1st Cosmos II [it was a used case] it had a similar adapter mounted in 1 of the 3½" hot swap bays, but I virtually never used it...only left it in play as I never had the original blank cover to put back into my tower, and you never saw it with the sliding cover up anyways...

That problem was fixed when I bit the bullet and replaced that case with a new item...looking good!!

Would appreciate being added to this select group of Cosmos II owners...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	000.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	291834  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cosmos II.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	291836  

post #6065 of 6068 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 07:09 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by ibace View Post
I cannot see an issue with this mod...but do you really need any extra front mounted USB ports? I mean, this super case already has 4 x #2 USB & 2 x #3 USB ports at front...when I bought my 1st Cosmos II [it was a used case] it had a similar adapter mounted in 1 of the 3½" hot swap bays, but I virtually never used it...only left it in play as I never had the original blank cover to put back into my tower, and you never saw it with the sliding cover up anyways...

That problem was fixed when I bit the bullet and replaced that case with a new item...looking good!!

Would appreciate being added to this select group of Cosmos II owners...
Thank you very much for responding and for showing me the first photo, but could you put a larger photo that looks better detailed? I thanked you very much. And I see that there is a piece of the 3'5 '' bay door cut off next to the 3'5 '' USB front, isn't it?

I know that it has a lot of USB, I will even have more on my Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero motherboard, but I was asking for an aesthetic issue because I have two USB headsets and a 3'5 '' memory reader and I would like to put at least one. Maybe later I won't finish it, but at least know what can be done.

Greetings.
post #6066 of 6068 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 10:42 AM
New to Overclock.net

Cannot do any better with description nor pics...I sold that first tower when I picked up my new one...memory tells me the USB adapter was a simple fit inside the 3½" hot swap bay...but logic is now telling me it may've needed the internal linkages [to eject an inserted drive from the hot swap bay] to have been modified...just cannot recall. By the same token it would be a simple matter to fit the USB adapter into one of the 5¼" optical bays too...using a set of adapter brackets...and to be totally honest I feel the Cosmos II looks a lot nicer with the sliding door in the uppermost position [covering the external bays completely]...but up to you which way you decide is best for you...

Intel Xeon E5-2687W v2, Huanan Zhi x79 Deluxe, Samsung 4x16 GB ECC DDR3 @ 1600, Coolermaster Masterliquid ML240L RGB, Gigabyte Gaming GTX 980Ti 6GB, Samsung 960 Pro 500 GB NVMe M.2 SSD, 12TB onboard Hard Drives, LG BluRay/DVD Burner, Cougar 800 Watt GX Series 80 Plus Gold PSU & housed in a Coolermaster Cosmos II Case...what a monster !!

Windows 8.1 Pro...Microsoft; sold my Kaby Lake setup 'cause you're not gonna force me to use that Windows 10 rubbish!!
post #6067 of 6068 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 02:23 PM
New to Overclock.net

Well, nothing happens, thanks anyway. In the 5'25 '' bays I already have fronts to put on, so I have no choice but to use one of the 3'5 '' bays. One of the front ones that I could put is very short, so it would not reach the end of the interior of the 3'5 '' bay. But until I have it in front of me I can't know how it would look,

At least with that photo I have seen that one way or another can be done.

Greetings.
post #6068 of 6068 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 08:04 AM
New to Overclock.net

Hi. Sorry for my English. I am looking for Cosmos II although it is almost impossible to find, but I would like to ask something: can the lower bars be removed by unscrewing something? Because as I see in some photos it seems so, but maybe some of you could confirm it.

Greetings and thanks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in