Carbide Series 300R - Page 14 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Carbide Series 300R

post #131 of 140 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 03:00 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Sorry for the dumb question. Do I need to use MB standoffs for this case?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 140 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 03:29 PM
Rabies is my business

Rep: 236 (Unique: 194)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilvipr05 View Post

Sorry for the dumb question. Do I need to use MB standoffs for this case?

Yes, but they are included with the case.

The New Recruit
(17 items)
CPU
AMD R5 1600X
Motherboard
Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero
GPU
EVGA 1080 ti SC2
RAM
G.Skill Trident Z 3200
Hard Drive
WD Black 256GB Performance SSD
Hard Drive
WD 1TB Caviar Black
Hard Drive
WD 1TB Blue
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB
Power Supply
EVGA Supernova 750 G2
Cooling
Noctua NH-U12S
Case
Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
BenQ XL2730Z
Mouse
Logitech G502
Audio
Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium HD
Audio
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 BT
Other
Sennheiser PC 363D
▲ hide details ▲
post #133 of 140 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 06:31 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 19 (Unique: 16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreemeNoob View Post

i understand that a 240mm radiator can fit but 2 140mm case fans can fit in there with that mobo?

Yes, if you just installed 140mm fans on those mounts they will fit no problems. Just be sure that if you use them as exhaust that your two front intaking 120mm fans be more powerful than your two top exhausting 140mm fans. Otherwise you'll have negative pressure and extra dust buildup. I would instead make a filter for the top and make them intakes with the rear fan exhausting. Just throwing that out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #134 of 140 (permalink) Old 05-05-2013, 05:10 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 20 (Unique: 15)
Is it possible to fit an P/P radiator (120mm like an H50) at top towards the drive cage of the 300R?
post #135 of 140 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 05:16 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 247 (Unique: 187)
Yes one will fit but you may need a little innovation to get everything to fit if you use an optical drive. Are you mounting it vertical so air goes out the top our horizontal so pulls air from the front?
You could mount it to the top with one out the fans outside the case to better secure it to the mesh otherwise you might need a bracket to give it strength.

post #136 of 140 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 09:25 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 20 (Unique: 15)
When I posted earlier I had no intent to use any of the top drive slots, now I just ordered the Zalman ZM-MFC3. Not sure if I can till pursue that option. Also totally forgot about the fact that I gotta open the driver covers lol.

EmfVSYs.jpg

So I think position 3, is best at the moment. But the 16gb vengeance memory might make that hard to accomplish too..
post #137 of 140 (permalink) Old 05-08-2013, 06:03 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 247 (Unique: 187)
There are other ways to run the USB3.0 cable. Position 2 is the ideal position but there really is not anything by default to attach the rad or fans too. You will need to make a custom mount, be it simple with screws, or complex with a bracket setup.

I found the fan holes on the front panel to not align with the internals. I think the 140mm fan holes were 1/2 inch too low so the rad would not line up easily.

* my post above, silly phone word predictor *

post #138 of 140 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 02:32 AM
New to Overclock.net

Hey,

I just got this case and I'd like to get a couple more fans over the graphics card, but have a couple questions. Will the built in exhaust be enough exhaust with 2 extra fans?

And I have the stock fans still in it, which I'll keep, so will I still be better off going for Noctua NF-S12A's for the side fans, or just go with the corsair quiet set CO-9050006-WW (half price). I like the noise the case is right now, pretty silent until I game. I don't mind spending the extra for Noctua if it'll make a difference.

Know it's not as nice as most here, but can't bring myself to spend loads on nice wires.

post #139 of 140 (permalink) Old 12-27-2014, 04:50 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 24 (Unique: 17)
This is not a $30 case and because of this I am surprised of what is missing. By the way I paid €75 for my R300.

There is no cover (or a filter) for the top mesh. This for me is the biggest negative with this case. I would have many reasons why I would want the mesh covered (dust, dirt, potential spills on my desk, CATS who love to sit on my cases etc) and most importantly significantly improved noise levels if you just had a cover for the top mesh.

The same for the side vents. It irks me a lot that I bought a brand-new case but have to get going with modding to cut myself a top cover from dampening material and get some filters for the sides. Weak.

What is even more bizarre is that the case has this open top mesh but according to most people corsair (!!) H100 radiators don't even fit. Seriously, offering the case and telling people "all they need to do is some modding"...is sort-of absurd advice. It's not that I personally am interested in H20 cooling, but I just think it's bizarre that your very own popular radiators won't fit your very own brand case.

AFAIK no mounts for SSDs, the current solution is sort-of awkward.

Real, latched doors would make this nicer.

Don't get me wrong, this is still a very good case but it could've been stellar with minimal changes, additions.

Bios modding and flashing until the EEPROM smokes!! Yay!!
post #140 of 140 (permalink) Old 10-30-2015, 03:02 AM
New to Overclock.net

Dear Corsair Carbide 300R owners.

I must say to start with, I love how this case looks! When I was searching for a new case for my upgrade, I immidiately fell in love with the looks of it. I just love matte black look smile.gif

Now that I've finally build it, I notice it makes a little hum noize.

I have an AMD FX 8320E with stock cooler, a new Be Quiet Straight power 530 watt PSU and no other case fans besides the 2 delivered with the case. I was wondering, do those fans create that little hum? It goes a little like huuHUUhuuhuHUUM.

As I'm a music producer, I fancy a quiet system. Now I'm looking for ways to disable that noize and could use some help in knowing where to look. I'm just a pc user, not so much a case modeller or overclocker. I ordered Gelid Solutions Antivibration Fan Mounts to see if this can solve it. Maybe getting Be Quiet Noise Absorber Kit coz when I lay my hands on the case, I feel it vibrating. Tho, everywhere I press, that sound won't stop, making me think it has to be the fans.

Another question I have is, if I want to replace the case fans, do I have to remove the front panel to get access to the front fan?

Hope some one can help me on the way smile.gif

Thanks in advance,

Greetings, Erik

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in