Carbide Series 300R - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Carbide Series 300R

post #21 of 140 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 12:30 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 8)
Do you guys have any design offices, or any sort of offices in the Vancouver, BC, area? I'd love to drop by and say hello. Maybe bring some beers for the hard working Corsair dudes biggrin.gifthumb.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 140 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 01:47 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Thanks. Also, does it have a hdd activity light and power on indicator? As far as cooler options, which Corsair liquid coolers will fit with no modifications and would you say their is ample room for one of the larger air coolers with fans? Again, thanks for the info.
post #23 of 140 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 02:11 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 165 (Unique: 143)
Will 38mm thick fans fit in the front? I would like to do an RX240 instead of the HDD cage, and put my Panaflows in the stock fan location.

This area:

These won't deliver the wub wub wub wubs or the wobble ehehehe wub wub *drop* bump bump wub of dubstep. It's a lie.

[/CENTER]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 140 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 06:48 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1352 (Unique: 945)

A friend just bought this case and reported that the internal cables for microphone and headphone (of the front panel) are mixed up due to a soldering mistake.  I am not sure if this is a one-of-a-kind case or that entire specific batch of cases is affected.  This happens in China and so cases sold in the US might not be of the same batch.

So, if anyone who has bought/will buy a 300R and find a problem in this area, try plugging your mic into the headphone connector and plugging your headphone into the mic connector.

Just a heads up for everyone.

post #25 of 140 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 06:52 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 241 (Unique: 201)
This is totally going to be my next case. Just needs to drop 20$ or so from NEWEGG. Way to expensive for what it comes with.
post #26 of 140 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 07:08 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 607 (Unique: 529)
Quote:
Originally Posted by windfire View Post

A friend just bought this case and reported that the internal cables for microphone and headphone (of the front panel) are mixed up due to a soldering mistake.  I am not sure if this is a one-of-a-kind case or that entire specific batch of cases is affected.  This happens in China and so cases sold in the US might not be of the same batch.

So, if anyone who has bought/will buy a 300R and find a problem in this area, try plugging your mic into the headphone connector and plugging your headphone into the mic connector.

I wonder if it was a Chinese knock-off case. Does the front of it say, "Coarsaire"?

http://files.overclock.net/images/sm...lame-small.gifOCN Water Cooling Clubhttp://files.overclock.net/images/sm...lame-small.gif
Corsair Carbide Series Owners Club
Low Tide
(12 items)
CPU
i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz
Motherboard
Asus P8Z77-V Pro
GPU
EVGA GTX 670 FTW
RAM
8GB G. Skill 2133MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 256GB
Power Supply
Corsair TX850W V1
Cooling
Prolimatech Megahalems Rev. C
Case
Corsair Carbide 300R
Operating System
Windows X
Monitor
Samsung T240HD
Keyboard
Ducky DK9008G2 Red
Audio
X-Fi XtremeGamer
▲ hide details ▲
post #27 of 140 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 07:29 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1352 (Unique: 945)

Quote:
Originally Posted by losttsol View Post

I wonder if it was a Chinese knock-off case. Does the front of it say, "Coarsaire"?

No. The case was bought from the local Corsair authorized dealer.

post #28 of 140 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 10:53 PM - Thread Starter
Hardware Rep

Rep: 454 (Unique: 351)
Quote:
Originally Posted by windfire View Post

Very weird. I'll have engineering check into it - the units we have tried here seem to work fine.
post #29 of 140 (permalink) Old 01-28-2012, 10:02 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote:
We also had guys ask for a silent case, and the 550D is about a month or so behind the 300R, so it should start showing up in late Feb or early March depending on where you are in the world.

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. Just waiting for the 550D to start my build.

post #30 of 140 (permalink) Old 01-28-2012, 10:07 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 16 (Unique: 16)
Might be getting this for my brother's rig. But he likes the looks of the 500R white ed. more. It will be tough to persuade him on this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hukkel go_quote.gif

Not most likely at all. Nvidia won't sell cards 50% faster. If you think that you underestimate the Nvidia marketing department quite a bit. They're in this business to make money, not to make you happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Brohanks go_quote.gif

A challenging game doesn't sell

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in