Installed the power supply. Managing these cables will not be a fun task.
Installed one of the DD blocks onto my brand new GTX 480. Easier than I thought. Tedious, but easy.
Stripped one of the screws while trying to remove the stock cooler!
Since I did not want to drill the screw out, I decided to use JD Weld and glue a nut on the screw. This is the card before the surgery. It proved unsuccessful. I had to resort to drilling into a graphics card.
Success! After using a 1/16" bit and a 3/32" bit, I used a 1/8" bit to drill out the head of the screw. Scary stuff, but the card did not look physically damaged so I was good to continue.
Here I am testing the fans. It's very silent compared to the previous set up of two jet engines taking off whenever the cards reached 50C.
Suddenly everything is installed and I am testing the loop for leaks. They say 24 hours, but does anyone really test loops for that long?
I had seen enough after an hour. The next three pictures are the result of a two days of hard, but enjoyable work.
Very pleased with the results. It's pretty silent now. I like silence, hence why I have 9 YL low speed fans in the case. I have 4 NZXT 140mm fans that are doing nothing. I found them too noisy. In fact, the 120mm Noctua fans in the bottom are actually the noisiest right now.
Some temperature results:
Furmark temperatures were 95C and 93C with fans at 80% (jet engines) a few days ago. Now the cards maxed at 65C during a Furmark run with an ambient of 24C. Was expecting lower temperatures, but I am using low speed after all.
All that is left for this round, is waiting for the Liquid Fusion V reservoir, which is about 5-6cm longer than the DD res. Hopefully it will fit!