First time posting to OC.net so
I picked up the 550D over a year ago when I wanted to brush the rust off my computer-building skills (built my first PC with a 286 processor just to give you an idea of how long ago that was). However, I allowed 6 years of rust to accumulate on my skills. It isn't exactly like riding a bike, but things turned out pretty good fairly fast.... parts suppliers have come a long way!
Anyway, the 550D is fantastic for quiet good looks. You all know this.
My 2013 build:
- Corsair H100i
- Sabertooth Z77
- 16GB 1866 MHz Corsair Vengeance
- 256GB Samsung 840 Pro
- 2TB WD Caviar Black
- Asus GTX Titan 6GB
- Corsair HX1050 (but was DOA, so got a refund and went back to an older 1000w Corsair from another build)
- 4x Corsair SP120 High Performance fans
- 2x Corsair AF140 Quiet fans
- 3x Asus VS248H-P 24" 1080P Monitors
The Sabertooth decided to die, so I'm now working on my 2014 build with some improvements:
- Maximus VII Hero
- 16GB 1600MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum
- Corsair AX1200i PSU to replace that old one
- Some red cables to clean things up with inside the case
I'll post some photos after the new PSU and cables arrive and are installed.
Overall, I wanted to post today to say thank you to everyone in this thread. I've been lurking this thread for a while looking at better ways to set up my 550D