[Official] Cooler Master HAF-XB Club! - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] Cooler Master HAF-XB Club!

post #11 of 10560 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 02:20 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0

If anyone is wondering, E-ATX boards *WILL* fit this case biggrin.gif I did electrical tape the tray, as the board juuuuuust sits on it on the forward side [facing front fans]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 10560 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 06:33 PM
BVM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 14)
I ordered one from newegg on Friday. I am really getting into the SFF PC's. FYI, tigerdirect is cheaper, but since I am in Florida and have to pay tax, they ended up being $1 more than newegg and their crazy $22 shipping.

Anyway, should be fun. I am going to go with a Black & Orange theme for mine (big KTM guy). Also, did anyone else try to get the clear top panel? Its on CM's website, including a p/n, but you cant order it.

thumb.gif: : The Unofficial Ultra eXo carbon fiber ATX case owners club : : thumb.gif

post #13 of 10560 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 10:18 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 49 (Unique: 41)
That is awesome you guys! Post some pics up when you get em' so I can add you to the club. thumb.gif If you are starting a build log I would love to link them in the OP. I will be posting some updates of my Xbuild in the next week or two.

Quote:
catdog13

so what kind of rads can you fit in this case? if you don't mind me asking.

I will get back to you soon on the rad compatibilities ( no time tonight, work early tomorrow)

This radiator is mounted on the front of the case and is 125x58.5x286mm with room to spare, see pic below. (not mine, source here)

SAM_2223.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindinversion View Post

https://www.overclock.net/content/type/61/id/1142714/width/500/height/1000

https://www.overclock.net/content/type/61/id/1142715/width/500/height/1000

If anyone is wondering, E-ATX boards *WILL* fit this case biggrin.gif I did electrical tape the tray, as the board juuuuuust sits on it on the forward side [facing front fans]

: Thanks for the E-atx tip, is that your case dude? If yes, would you like the join the club? smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 10560 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 12:28 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 87 (Unique: 73)
I'm keenly interested if this thing will fit either version of the Silver Arrow with a 200/230mm fan in the top mesh. I know CM says coolers up to 180mm high but is that with our without a fan up there?

post #15 of 10560 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 10:08 AM
BVM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 14)
Since my current rig is pretty recent build and well above the spec I need, I just plan on transferring everything over to the new case. Luckily I have a slew of sweet Cougar fans just setting in my spare parts bin to utilize. Granted, I don't think I have any 80mm fans. Guess I need to get some of those. My rig will retain the closed loop water cooling as well.

thumb.gif

thumb.gif: : The Unofficial Ultra eXo carbon fiber ATX case owners club : : thumb.gif

post #16 of 10560 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 03:40 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Thanks for the E-atx tip, is that your case dude? If yes, would you like the join the club?

That's my build, I actually moved it from a thermaltake level10 GT for ease of wiring. . I've never had a cleaner case EVER! And I would be humbled to be added to the club, TY thumb.gif

I will say, she's a LOT happier than she was in the level 10 GT, where she was running 4.7 @ 1.32

post #17 of 10560 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 09:03 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 49 (Unique: 41)
Welcome to the club mindinversion !!! cheers.gif You are officially our first member, your name has been linked to your case and added to the members list! Those are some excellent clocks you have there, I am glad the Xb's cooling configuration was a step up compared to your previous Tt L10.
post #18 of 10560 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 10:22 PM

Thinking of upgrading my HAF 922 to this beast, it's only 100 bucks how can you beat that for the sheer functionality this case can provides? saves space, compact, and easy to carry. plus a great future LC/test bench setup.
post #19 of 10560 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 03:20 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 240 (Unique: 210)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Asylum View Post

Thinking of upgrading my HAF 922 to this beast, it's only 100 bucks how can you beat that for the sheer functionality this case can provides? saves space, compact, and easy to carry. plus a great future LC/test bench setup.

Agreed.

Mine showed up yesterday evening. First order of business is to flush mount my PSU. If the piece I made works out, I will post a pic of it installed.
post #20 of 10560 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 06:58 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 240 (Unique: 210)
Works good for anyone willing to spend some time on laying out your holes.

I just used some scrap metal:

The contrast in color isn't as glaring without the flash:

I wish Cooler Master would have sent an extended bracket, AND a normal flush mount bracket. I fixed my only major gripe about this case relatively quick. thumb.gif

This case has A LOT of potential to the modding community. I am thinking of removing the 5 inch bays so I can properly mount both sides of my fan controller next. We'll see how it fits, being just screwed to one side first......biggrin.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in