[Official] Cooler Master HAF-XB Club! - Page 458 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] Cooler Master HAF-XB Club!

post #4571 of 10558 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 06:19 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wthenshaw View Post

My temperature comparison from my Arctic Cooler Freezer 13 Pro to the Corsair H100

As you can see there has been a difference in ambient temps due to climate, this can near enough be calculated by the increase in HDD temps, as this hasn't been affected by changing CPU coolers, whereas GPU has. This shows there has been a 5C increase between the two days, which feels accurate.

I left HWMonitor running while playing DayZ Mod, Battlefield 3 and DiRT3 for a couple hours each.

Good info man thumb.gif wish i was as thorough biggrin.gif I noticed around a 8-10degree difference, but have you noticed a slight in-case temp increase?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4572 of 10558 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 06:31 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 111 (Unique: 79)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buxty View Post

Good info man thumb.gif wish i was as thorough biggrin.gif I noticed around a 8-10degree difference, but have you noticed a slight in-case temp increase?

Slightly, I expected my mainboard temps to reflect this but they show a solid and consistent 5C rise across the min and max which doesn't help because of earlier mentioned ambient temp rise.

I have yet to get around to running prime95 and getting this chip as hot as possible. I remember on air I got the CPU up 52C on max heat settings.
post #4573 of 10558 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 07:11 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

Slightly, I expected my mainboard temps to reflect this but they show a solid and consistent 5C rise across the min and max which doesn't help because of earlier mentioned ambient temp rise.

I have yet to get around to running prime95 and getting this chip as hot as possible. I remember on air I got the CPU up 52C on max heat settings.

Ah yeah the outside temps have been a bit wacky these last few days here so i get that. My RAM heats up a little now, i guess i only notice it because the Hyper pulled through the haircombs so they used to be icy. After a few minutes Prime95 its holding at 46degrees on the lowest settings with 2xstock push fans and 2x Blademaster pull fans so theres more headroom for OC'ing thumb.gif

EDIT: Also yeah i think my Hyper got around the same load temps as your air cooler did too, something around 52-55 on a warmish day.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4574 of 10558 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 07:20 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buxty View Post

Ah yeah the outside temps have been a bit wacky these last few days here so i get that. My RAM heats up a little now, i guess i only notice it because the Hyper pulled through the haircombs so they used to be icy. After a few minutes Prime95 its holding at 46degrees on the lowest settings with 2xstock push fans and 2x Blademaster pull fans so theres more headroom for OC'ing thumb.gif

EDIT: Also yeah i think my Hyper got around the same load temps as your air cooler did too, something around 52-55 on a warmish day.

The only advantage of my air cooler against yours is the small fan at the case which shifted the area around the vrm a bit.

post #4575 of 10558 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 07:25 AM
New to Overclock.net

I never noticed that on that cooler, thats actually a really good idea. I found out if i clear up cables underneath the mobo tray and use a 80mm fan to blow air across the rear of the socket then it helps with temps on the cpu and vrms too.

post #4576 of 10558 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 07:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

There seems to be no "clean" way to cool the vrm with a CLC frown.gif
post #4577 of 10558 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 07:42 AM
New to Overclock.net

Stolen this idea from the CM V10 air cooler...why not raise the height of the pump block and fit an angled fan blowing in the direction of the VRM? Would mean can fit bigger pumps and also hide the block where you connect the fans into.

post #4578 of 10558 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 11:55 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 28 (Unique: 27)
finally finished my build. The colors are pretty much exactly what it looks like in real life.

top on

top off

front fans. Right one says "overclock.net" if you can't see the photo. Looks much better in person

fans are CoolJag Programmable LED Flash 120mm fans

more top off

love how it looks from the side

back view

now that that's done I can return to my other money pit/toy
post #4579 of 10558 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 12:00 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by overclockerjames View Post

finally finished my build
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
top on

top off

front fans. Right one says "overclock.net" if you can't see the photo. Looks much better in person

fans are CoolJag Programmable LED Flash 120mm fans

more top off

love how it looks from the side

back view

Need a fan in that rear slot
post #4580 of 10558 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 12:09 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 28 (Unique: 27)
Quote:

Need a fan in that rear slot

Nope, it's good. Front fans bring air in, heatsink has push-pull fans, hot air will find it's way out, either through the top or the back of this airy case

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in