New to Overclock.net

Rep: 53 (Unique: 32)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutfij View Post

Will do smile.gif

thumb.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmz96 View Post

Well reality should have hit sooner, guess I got too excited when I saw the case (and then jumped to the website). If I was able to fit the psu (which may not even be an option) I would also need to find a way to fit a 3.5" drive. I'd buy a new psu but to add a 2.5" drive.... that's not in the cards now frown.gif

- I do have an external 2.5" Usb 3.0 1tb drive though.... I wonder if it uses a Sata to 3.0 tongue.gif

I personally would still like to find a way to fit on a 3.5" drive no ideas have been submitted yet but I think the best place for it might just be a custom bracket off the back of the case. Kinda like a hotswap spot but it will take away from the case a bit which is something I do not want to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutfij View Post

Not to be rude, but you'll find all you'll need here ; the original CS thread where its chock full of info smile.gif

I dont know how but I completely forgot about the original thread when I made that post (quite sick right now maybe thats why)

"One mile of highway gets you one mile, one mile of runway gets you anywhere..."
()()
=(-,-)=
(")_(")
Snorkle.gifCOMPACT l SPLASH wave2.gif
w a t e r c o o l e d - c o r e - 1 0 0 0
c o m p a c t - s p l a s h - 0 0 8
post #23 of 4685 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Location: Chittagong/Dhaka , Bangladesh + born in Dubai , U.A.E
Rep: 48 (Unique: 30)
Here's another suggestion, why not have the original threads link posted in the OP? That way we can guide people following this thread from the main page to the original and keep this thread intact/relevant to the thread title tongue.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 4685 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 08:46 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 271 (Unique: 232)
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfergolfer View Post

I think the full black with the UV green would look super awesome. Could be kind hard to pull it off but if you were able to it would be stunning thumb.gif

As of now I have a 128gb ssd and a 2TB 3.5 inch drive and I was just curious if anyone else was going to be using 3.5" drives and how they were gonna go about doing it. I like the idea mentioned by some one about the raid 0 Western Digital Scorpio Blacks but that will cost about $180 lol.

Hehe, that was my idea smile.gif. I'm still thinking about doing that, so I'll post my results if I do decide to go down that road.

I am using my 256GB 840 Pro for Windows, games and software, then hopefully that Scorpio raid setup or a single 750GB Scorpio for data storage. I have a 2TB NAS too, so I don't need so much to be stored on the computer.

Add me to the club! I am the lucky guy with 001. Will verify when the case arrives.

Q9650 @ 4.5, 1.4 vCore (1.376 CPU-Z)proof.gif
Athlon II X2 240 @ 3.8, 1.525 vCore (1.520 CPU-Z)proof.gif
i7 920 @ 4.2, 1.30 vCore (1.296 CPU-Z)proof.gif

i5 3570K @ 4.5, 1.1 vCore (1.096 CPU-Z)proof.gif

post #25 of 4685 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 09:16 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 53 (Unique: 32)
Quote:
Originally Posted by airplaneman View Post

Hehe, that was my idea smile.gif. I'm still thinking about doing that, so I'll post my results if I do decide to go down that road.

I am using my 256GB 840 Pro for Windows, games and software, then hopefully that Scorpio raid setup or a single 750GB Scorpio for data storage. I have a 2TB NAS too, so I don't need so much to be stored on the computer.

Add me to the club! I am the lucky guy with 001. Will verify when the case arrives.

Ohhhh so YOUR the one with 001 thumb.gif Added! As for the set up I currently have a 128gb M4 and a 2TB Caviar green. I think I might pick up a 750GB Scorpio drive as I am only using about 650 GB of my Caviar Green but I will be checking to see if two fit first as I would have to get the second one some time soon. How do you think you would mount both of them if you did it?

"One mile of highway gets you one mile, one mile of runway gets you anywhere..."
()()
=(-,-)=
(")_(")
w a t e r c o o l e d - c o r e - 1 0 0 0
c o m p a c t - s p l a s h - 0 0 8
post #26 of 4685 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 10:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 10)
Quote:

Hmm I have the Asus P8Z77-I So I cannot do anything like that nor can I help frown.gif
I guess I will go with Asus P8Z77-I. Have to adjust my theme to Black & Blue.

post #27 of 4685 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 11:14 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 25 (Unique: 24)
#11 Goes to me! Project Alphonse Jr. thumb.gif

Gloss White paint with Smoked side panel, delrin with white led and no fill port as I am using a H100 + H60 setup. biggrin.gif

95.567% of people make up the stats in their sig. If you are part of the 4.433% who uses real stats, put
this in your sig.

post #28 of 4685 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 11:21 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 25 (Unique: 24)
I bought the non modular one so I didn't have to sleeve the weird pinouts and could just zip tie the lines inside the psu to save time. smile.gif Going with Charcoal (heatshrinkless) Poracord setup on mine. Cutting any wire that isn't needed out of the psu. thumb.gif

95.567% of people make up the stats in their sig. If you are part of the 4.433% who uses real stats, put
this in your sig.

post #29 of 4685 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 09:06 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 271 (Unique: 232)
Quote:

Ohhhh so YOUR the one with 001 thumb.gif Added! As for the set up I currently have a 128gb M4 and a 2TB Caviar green. I think I might pick up a 750GB Scorpio drive as I am only using about 650 GB of my Caviar Green but I will be checking to see if two fit first as I would have to get the second one some time soon. How do you think you would mount both of them if you did it?

I'm still figuring out mounting hardware, but I'm waiting for the case to arrive to see what I was working with before I really started thinking about it.

Since hard drives drives have mounting holes on the bottom and on the sides, I plan on making a bracket that would hold the drives together (one ontop of the other) with the screws on the side. Then the bottom drive would be screwed into the case normally through the mounting holes on the bottom. Know what I'm getting at?

It's a bit hard to explain, but the concept is pretty simple. I'm just not sure how much space I'm going to have with my video card and I/O ports, so I want to wait for it to get here first.

Q9650 @ 4.5, 1.4 vCore (1.376 CPU-Z)proof.gif
Athlon II X2 240 @ 3.8, 1.525 vCore (1.520 CPU-Z)proof.gif
i7 920 @ 4.2, 1.30 vCore (1.296 CPU-Z)proof.gif

i5 3570K @ 4.5, 1.1 vCore (1.096 CPU-Z)proof.gif

post #30 of 4685 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Location: Chittagong/Dhaka , Bangladesh + born in Dubai , U.A.E
Rep: 48 (Unique: 30)
Yeap, airplaneman loud and clear - you plan on stacking the drive ontop each other and then mounting them in one go with the bottom of the vented panel. I see you using some velcro strips to hold them together. redface.gif

But with the HC 680 I don't think you'll have ample clearance.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in