Silverstone Grandia GD0X Owner's Club - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Silverstone Grandia GD0X Owner's Club

post #21 of 442 (permalink) Old 06-07-2013, 06:12 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 33 (Unique: 27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dihartnell View Post

That would be great. Id be interested to see the shots of front and back to see how you would get tidy cabling in a case like this.

I'd love to see some screenshots too, could get some good ideas for cable mgmt in these kinds of cases.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 442 (permalink) Old 06-07-2013, 06:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie View Post

I'd love to see some screenshots too, could get some good ideas for cable mgmt in these kinds of cases.

+1! Always good to learn and see what is feasible. Thanks in advance!
post #23 of 442 (permalink) Old 06-07-2013, 06:55 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by laverdure View Post

+1! Always good to learn and see what is feasible. Thanks in advance!

No problem. I hope we can get more people with this series of cases to join in on the discussion. It is interesting to see what others have done. I wonder if at Computex they showed off a GD09 or not?

If I had the funds and means to make my own case, I have some crazy HTPC ideas. The GD08 is about as close as perfect you can get for a HTGPC imo and with a few changes the case would be top notch. I sent a PM to Silverstone on these forums about a week ago, but he never responded so my thoughts have gone to the wind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 442 (permalink) Old 06-07-2013, 02:15 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 153 (Unique: 128)
Quote:

No problem. I hope we can get more people with this series of cases to join in on the discussion. It is interesting to see what others have done. I wonder if at Computex they showed off a GD09 or not?

If I had the funds and means to make my own case, I have some crazy HTPC ideas. The GD08 is about as close as perfect you can get for a HTGPC imo and with a few changes the case would be top notch. I sent a PM to Silverstone on these forums about a week ago, but he never responded so my thoughts have gone to the wind.

SilverstoneTek showed a prototype of the Raven mITX case. Might work out to be pretty good.

http://www.techpowerup.com/mobile/185264/silverstone-miniaturizes-raven-to-mini-itx-gaming-build-worthy.html

post-flame-small.gifNew Zealand Overclock.net Clubpost-flame-small.gif

sneaky.gifAMD 4GHz Clubsneaky.gif
post #25 of 442 (permalink) Old 06-08-2013, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Here are some updated pics, I added the HX750 today after returning the Thermaltake I had a few days ago. The HX750 is a longer PSU and you can see how it fits in this case.

post #26 of 442 (permalink) Old 06-09-2013, 06:26 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

Quote:

SilverstoneTek showed a prototype of the Raven mITX case. Might work out to be pretty good.

http://www.techpowerup.com/mobile/185264/silverstone-miniaturizes-raven-to-mini-itx-gaming-build-worthy.html

That Raven mitx case looks pretty cool. I wonder how the video card slot works in this thing. It just seems like odd how its placed on top of everything. Really cool how you can fit a water cooler in there too.
post #27 of 442 (permalink) Old 06-09-2013, 03:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

That Raven mitx case looks pretty cool. I wonder how the video card slot works in this thing. It just seems like odd how its placed on top of everything. Really cool how you can fit a water cooler in there too.

I think it was using a riser board for the PCIe slot so the GPU can site flat over the top of teh mobo

post #28 of 442 (permalink) Old 06-09-2013, 03:09 PM
New to Overclock.net

I noticed a lot of new Smaller cases were shown of at Computex. Going to be a lot more options in this space I think.

post #29 of 442 (permalink) Old 06-09-2013, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

I think it was using a riser board for the PCIe slot so the GPU can site flat over the top of teh mobo

That is what I figured but was not sure.
Quote:

I noticed a lot of new Smaller cases were shown of at Computex. Going to be a lot more options in this space I think.

This is awesome since it brings some competition to a niche market. the Corsair Air 540 reminds me of the HAF XB.

http://www.corsair.com/us/pc-cases/carbide-series-pc-case/carbide-series-air-540-high-airflow-atx-cube-case.html
post #30 of 442 (permalink) Old 06-09-2013, 07:57 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 605 (Unique: 370)
Quote:

That is what I figured but was not sure.
This is awesome since it brings some competition to a niche market. the Corsair Air 540 reminds me of the HAF XB.

http://www.corsair.com/us/pc-cases/carbide-series-pc-case/carbide-series-air-540-high-airflow-atx-cube-case.html

Reminds me more of most Case-Labs and Mountain Mods cases tongue.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in