[Official] Corsair Carbide Air 540 Owner's Club +Gallery - Page 33 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] Corsair Carbide Air 540 Owner's Club +Gallery

post #321 of 12618 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 02:55 PM
r/madlads

Rep: 273 (Unique: 219)
Great idea from Corsair BUT ... It seems they are charging a Corsair 500R for it fair enough (being 540) ... they are the only ones (i think) who did such a form factor (why did no other company thought of it baffles me). Maybe it's not a premium but it's of really thick steel (like 1.2mm)
I already thought of joining two xigmatek asgards (Asgard XP & Pro) to make a case with insane space in april biggrin.gif (At first i wanted to flip the motherboard tray horizontally but now i've revived the idea into a dual chamber on the cheap case, only larger MUCH LARGER)

Hopefully Corsair will bring a lower-end one to market. I can't stand the fact that it only has 2 HDD bays and 5 SSD bays .. Jeez, make them SSD mounts on the case instead of on a toolless tray. That's a dumb idea
There should be some filter and fan mounts below the DVD bay ... wasted opportunity to mount HDDs further back but this filter and fan mounts can cool HDDs and/or install WC rads which is one why anyone wants space
Having a second fan intake chamber can allow for some clever ducting or the fact that you can install a rad there and not have the rest of the computer breathe the hot air from the rads and have the left chamber intake cold air
In short, they should have had the left chamber to install a rad + fan on the bottom without any HDD mounts there (Ruins the neat look unless you bought RE drives) and the right chamber to install HDDs (SSDs go onto the motherboard tray!) and rads + fans
Frankly the DVD bays (Should not be so tight on the next case!) should have been 3 bays instead of just 2 bays. It's my opinion but seriously people do want fan controllers + 120mm fans there. All these small touches will instantly sway me towards buying a Corsair product for the first time! (If they come to the market with it first)
How's that for a new case from corsair? Maybe CM should pick up the tab as well. Or any other major case mfr.
WHY i'm not buying into the 540. Switch 810 costs only 10$ extra and is much larger MUCH MUCH larger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #322 of 12618 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 03:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 33 (Unique: 27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLT View Post

Great idea from Corsair BUT ... It seems they are charging a Corsair 500R for it fair enough (being 540) ... they are the only ones (i think) who did such a form factor (why did no other company thought of it baffles me). Maybe it's not a premium but it's of really thick steel (like 1.2mm)
I already thought of joining two xigmatek asgards (Asgard XP & Pro) to make a case with insane space in april biggrin.gif (At first i wanted to flip the motherboard tray horizontally but now i've revived the idea into a dual chamber on the cheap case, only larger MUCH LARGER)

Hopefully Corsair will bring a lower-end one to market. I can't stand the fact that it only has 2 HDD bays and 5 SSD bays .. Jeez, make them SSD mounts on the case instead of on a toolless tray. That's a dumb idea
There should be some filter and fan mounts below the DVD bay ... wasted opportunity to mount HDDs further back but this filter and fan mounts can cool HDDs and/or install WC rads which is one why anyone wants space
Having a second fan intake chamber can allow for some clever ducting or the fact that you can install a rad there and not have the rest of the computer breathe the hot air from the rads and have the left chamber intake cold air
In short, they should have had the left chamber to install a rad + fan on the bottom without any HDD mounts there (Ruins the neat look unless you bought RE drives) and the right chamber to install HDDs (SSDs go onto the motherboard tray!) and rads + fans
Frankly the DVD bays (Should not be so tight on the next case!) should have been 3 bays instead of just 2 bays. It's my opinion but seriously people do want fan controllers + 120mm fans there. All these small touches will instantly sway me towards buying a Corsair product for the first time! (If they come to the market with it first)
How's that for a new case from corsair? Maybe CM should pick up the tab as well. Or any other major case mfr. I would like Xigmy to pick up as well

WHY i'm not buying into the 540. Switch 810 costs only 10$ extra and is much larger MUCH MUCH larger

Everyone keeps forgetting about the cooler master haf xb which is a similar case except it sits horizontal.
post #323 of 12618 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 03:11 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 695 (Unique: 426)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie View Post

Everyone keeps forgetting about the cooler master haf xb which is a similar case except it sits horizontal.

And it is fugly...

I have a big bang house. I had all the materials for my new house brought in and dumped on a vacant lot. I took a stick of dynamite, lit the fuse on fire and tossed it into the pile of materials. BOOM went the explosion and when the dust settled I had a new house! Amazing isn't it?
Super P's Rig
(21 items)
Noahman
(9 items)
CPU
Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard
MSI MPG X570 GAMING PRO CARBON
GPU
Gigabyte RTX 2070S
RAM
XPG Spectrix D41 3600MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO
Hard Drive
MyDigitalSSD SBX
Hard Drive
WD Black 500GB NVMe
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2
Cooling
Bykski CPU-XPR-AM
Cooling
Phobya Balancer 150 Reservoir
Cooling
XSPC EX280 Radiator
Cooling
TC-A - CPU Liquid Cooling Pump
Cooling
XSPC EX360 Radiator
Case
Phanteks Pro M TG
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
MSI Optix AG32CQ
Keyboard
G710+
Mouse
G305
Mousepad
Vipamz Extended XXXL
Audio
Sennheiser HD 439
Audio
Asus U7
CPU
5960X
Motherboard
Asus X99
GPU
MSI R9 380 Gaming
RAM
V-Color Skywalker 16GB 2666MHz
Hard Drive
Kingston SSDNOW V300
Power Supply
EVGA 500 W1
Cooling
CoolerMaster 120MM AIO
Case
Fractal Design Define S
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #324 of 12618 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 06:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 109 (Unique: 83)
Well i don't know how many of you have your Air 540 on there desk like me, but today i installed a Western Digital Black HDD in one of the 3.5" hot swap bays and i got the very noticeable vibrations on my desk, was pretty annoying, i found a quick fix by putting a piece of double sided foam tape in between the HDD and Hot swap caddy! thumb.gif

Purple Reign
(8 items)
CPU
i7 4790k
Motherboard
Asus Z97 Maximus VII Hero
GPU
EVGA GTX 980 Classified
RAM
Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133mhz C9
Hard Drive
Kingston Hyper X M.2 240Gb SSD
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo 1Tb SSD
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA 850w G2
Case
Fractal Define R6 Blackout TG
▲ hide details ▲
post #325 of 12618 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 06:34 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 33 (Unique: 27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by criminal View Post

And it is fugly...

I agree, I had it for a few days and its ugly as sin. LOL!
post #326 of 12618 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 07:15 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 9)
Finally finished my build! Hopefully I'll get my EVGA backplates soon just to tie up the loose ends. Also, I screwed down the front plate before putting on the top plate, and the rattling disappeared. thumb.gif

post #327 of 12618 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 07:38 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 24 (Unique: 21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLT View Post

How's that for a new case from corsair? Maybe CM should pick up the tab as well. Or any other major case mfr. I would like Xigmy to pick up as well

If I'm not mistaken the case was made for a niche market in comparison to some of the full towers on the market. I think there is a lot of improvement they can make on this type of build. The same goes for the Haf-xb which doesn't look as good and is pretty much the same thing with a little less room.
If they had some of the changes that you are talking about, then some other people might not want to buy it, just like you don't want to buy this. I think comparing it to the switch 810 (which I have one...if you want to buy it :-)) is not fair at all; It's like comparing a plum to a watermelon. That thing is a complete monster of a case and it's a great case, but just the sheer size of it all is a little too much for my liking. It does not look good on my desk and under my desk I hardly had any room for it to breathe. However, you could be different and like that kind of thing, it's all a matter of preference; which is why you don't like this case.
It's sounds like you're more mad because it's a beautiful case but doesn't fit your needs; which is understandable. What I think the best solution for Corsair is to keep selling it the way it is with minor alterations to help support filters, airflow and some minor (ie. cable lengths) other adjustments. BUT, the biggest and best thing that Corsair could do (in my opinion) would be to make a higher end case with the same form factor for more enthusiasts like yourself. Just like they make a 650d and a 900d. I give them points for going out on a limb and trying to make something new (or relatively new) and I think it's going well for them as they seem to be selling like crazy.

post #328 of 12618 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 08:05 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 44 (Unique: 36)
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1ral View Post

For the guys with 360 radiators at the front, would it be better to have the bards up or towards the bottom?
When I start buying parts for my new build I'm gonna try an h220 and add my mcro320 rad to the loop and I'm wondering if I have the right clearances for it with as little modding as possible.
I see you guys making panels to relocate the spacing.

It would depend on what you want to do. If you are going to have a rad in the top (for example) then its going to get pretty tight when trying to access the barb (if they are at the top). For my setup it was pretty much barbs down as my option. If you want to use the drive bay closest to the front you will want to check on your particular layout as well. The way my loop runs, I really wouldn't be able to use my bay closest to the front. That could probably be avoided if I'd used a 45 to go to my gpu, but I wasn't planning on using those bays. (I use all ssd's and an external drive for mass storage).

For reference I have an RS360 in the front and an EK240 up top. Oh and I'd also mention if you want to run push/pull on the 360 and fit a rad in the top... you will likely have to mount the "push" fans outside (behind the front grill where the dust filter is normally). I'm not sure how others did it, but I had to do a little surgery to run my fan cables back in to get to my controller.
post #329 of 12618 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 08:18 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
Looks good.
post #330 of 12618 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 09:32 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 13 (Unique: 11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atokade View Post

Finally finished my build! Hopefully I'll get my EVGA backplates soon just to tie up the loose ends. Also, I screwed down the front plate before putting on the top plate, and the rattling disappeared. thumb.gif
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Looks awesome MAN! Love the sleeved cables from the GPU's , very clean!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in