Corsair 750D Owners Club - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Corsair 750D Owners Club

post #21 of 9681 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 07:51 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakusonfire View Post

It is an XT45 360 in the roof. The front 240 is that way to make it easier to include the flow meter into the loop. I'm just testing some different arrangements before I change to acrylic tubing anyway. This loop is very temporary just to get the system running. There is a second layer of fans going on too.

I actually didn't try the bottom 240 mount and I meant to, I won't use it because I want storage and other factors but I did mean to investigate it. From looking at it quickly today, only a very short end tank would fit there ... something like the Koolance CU720V

Nice! Hopefully we get to see the acrylic soon thumb.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 9681 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 07:56 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 301 (Unique: 249)
Quote:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Erk ... terrible pics as usual. Will try better tomorrow. Quite good initial impressions

It looks like you are able to get a 360MM rad with at least one set of fans up top without any issues mounting a fan controller and bay reservoir as well? I am considering this case when I get time to water cool my PC.

post #23 of 9681 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 08:07 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 552 (Unique: 388)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks8981 View Post

It looks like you are able to get a 360MM rad with at least one set of fans up top without any issues mounting a fan controller and bay reservoir as well? I am considering this case when I get time to water cool my PC.

I'll try to get a picture tomorrow of how much room there is with a 360 ... there is miles for a fan controller in the top bay and my bay res is shaped a bit different to most

http://koolance.com/rp-452x2-dual-5-25in-reservoir-for-1-2-pmp-450-s-pumps

I'm sure most would fit though

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 9681 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 09:51 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Its been confirmed that there is 88mm of space for a radiator on top. For sure fan controller will fit easily in the first bay with thick 360 on top. Then the only problem will be the reservoir.

Personally i need dvd-rom installed in the case so looks like it won't be possible with dual bay res.. My way choice will be tube reservoir like Ek or sth mounted on motherboard tray.

post #25 of 9681 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 09:59 AM
Hardware Rep

Rep: 454 (Unique: 351)
Quote:

Magnetic radiator filter on first, and magnetic mesh covers it nicely! Doesn't sit up or appear obvious ... I was worried how this would turn out.

Out of curiosity, why did you double filter the top? The magnetic mesh is a fairly effective dust filter, it was included specifically for this purpose.
post #26 of 9681 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 10:12 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonamed View Post

Its been confirmed that there is 88mm of space for a radiator on top. For sure fan controller will fit easily in the first bay with thick 360 on top. Then the only problem will be the reservoir.

Personally i need dvd-rom installed in the case so looks like it won't be possible with dual bay res.. My way choice will be tube reservoir like Ek or sth mounted on motherboard tray.

Check out Jakusonfire's build. He installed an XT45 360 + single layer fans on top with enough clearance for the second bay for a dual bay res. Install something like a UT60 then you'll have problems. You can still have a single bay res and a dvd-rom with the pump installed at the bottom.
post #27 of 9681 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 10:26 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsairGeorge View Post

Out of curiosity, why did you double filter the top? The magnetic mesh is a fairly effective dust filter, it was included specifically for this purpose.

The mesh is just too wide to be effective enough. In my old case I had the same filter under metal mesh that is nearly identical. I had to clean the Decmi filter once a week ... dust just pours through hex mesh. Especially being on top because it gets settlement dust when the fans aren't running.

I assumed the top mesh wasn't designed to be a filter at all. It seems like most companys don't worry about top filters even though top intake is best for for temps. (water temps)

post #28 of 9681 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 11:37 AM
Hardware Rep

Rep: 454 (Unique: 351)
Quote:

The mesh is just too wide to be effective enough. In my old case I had the same filter under metal mesh that is nearly identical. I had to clean the Decmi filter once a week ... dust just pours through hex mesh. Especially being on top because it gets settlement dust when the fans aren't running.

I assumed the top mesh wasn't designed to be a filter at all. It seems like most companys don't worry about top filters even though top intake is best for for temps. (water temps)

I suppose it depends on the environment. We test our dust filters in a lab environment which is not a clean room (not by far - "lab" is just a fancy room for room full of fancy hardware), but the dust we saw was well filtered by that top mesh. If your dust is finer it will, of course, sift through.
post #29 of 9681 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 01:21 PM
New to Overclock.net

I don't necessarily doubt it, I'm just surprised. I would assume most dust is finer than the 1mm holes of the top mesh. The front and bottom elements are far finer.

post #30 of 9681 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 12:19 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 122 (Unique: 98)

Coming along slowly but surely,just need to find the res that i want,may have to order it from overseas....

Currently Playing...Titanfall...Watch Dogs...Skyrim...Murdered~Soul Suspect...DayZ...BF4...

Up Next...Enemy Front...Sniper Elite 3...Middle-Earth Shadow of Mordor...The Division...The Crew...

''When you're drawing up your list of life's miracles,you might place near the top,the very first moment your baby smiled at you''

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in