[Official] HAF Stacker Owners Club - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] HAF Stacker Owners Club

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #21 of 769 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 06:35 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
raykholo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7
Rep: 0
Jon,
Something I'm looking at is making the 3xHDD internal bay hot-swappable. Corsair does something like this for their 900D case by means of a makeshift backplane. Link It would be a welcome addition because: When I'm building a computer I want to account for all the hard drives that could possibly go into it from the beginning and accommodate that with the # of SATA ports on the motherboard or even planning for a HBA.
If I want to put in another hard drive and I don't have external hot-swap, I'm ok opening the side of the case to put a hard drive in but I certainly don't want to have to open the back and route wires.

+1 on the slim ODD for the 915, but can you clarify whether that would remove the I/O panel entirely?

FYI these are both things I'm working on right now for my HAF XB build - designing and 3D printing a 5.25 bay --> Slim ODD + hard drives (Either single 3.5 or 1-2 SSD)
and
Making the 4x2.5" bay hotswappable. I put this on hold because I already got 2x 1TB velociraptors so I hope not to need to switch them out often (preferably at all) and I don't feel like dealing with PCB design right now, but with SATA extension cables and a 3D printed housing that clips to the back of the rack, sure.
raykholo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 769 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 07:23 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
vaeron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Washington State
Posts: 277
Rep: 6 (Unique: 4)
So I have a couple of thoughts on the accessories that you have listed. First off I like the idea of being able to purchase additional/replacement storage cages. I am personally building a NAS system in my box and may run out of racks depending on if I want to sacrifice one or two from my gaming rig. I also like the idea of the Slim ODD package, but not sure how useful it will be as I rarely use an optical drive as is. I think the most useful upgrade for me would be the multi-power switch for the front I/O panel. I want to be able to control 2+ PCs from the same panel. I could then choose where to place it. If you could use a form of labeling to show top/middle/bottom for the 3 switches that would be awesome. I wouldn't want to try to power on say my gaming rig and power on my design system, or try to power cycle my gaming rig but power cycle my NAS instead. The same can be said for USB connections. I personally would like to see a side panel window (smoked like the main chassis) for the 915(R & F) that would allow a user to see in to a mini-itx build. I know a lot of people that want to see the GPU they just spent $500+ on.
vaeron is offline  
post #23 of 769 (permalink) Old 12-11-2013, 12:58 PM
Hardware Rep
 
CM MR HAF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chino
Posts: 272
Rep: 37 (Unique: 28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaeron View Post

So I have a couple of thoughts on the accessories that you have listed. First off I like the idea of being able to purchase additional/replacement storage cages. I am personally building a NAS system in my box and may run out of racks depending on if I want to sacrifice one or two from my gaming rig. I also like the idea of the Slim ODD package, but not sure how useful it will be as I rarely use an optical drive as is. I think the most useful upgrade for me would be the multi-power switch for the front I/O panel. I want to be able to control 2+ PCs from the same panel. I could then choose where to place it. If you could use a form of labeling to show top/middle/bottom for the 3 switches that would be awesome. I wouldn't want to try to power on say my gaming rig and power on my design system, or try to power cycle my gaming rig but power cycle my NAS instead. The same can be said for USB connections. I personally would like to see a side panel window (smoked like the main chassis) for the 915(R & F) that would allow a user to see in to a mini-itx build. I know a lot of people that want to see the GPU they just spent $500+ on.

Slim ODD will replace almost the whole I/O area but I'll make sure they include the power button and eject switch.

We already have HAF 915 with side window also, but the windowed panel is optional.

A 3 button power switch seems logical so we planned it into the ecosystem, what do you think?

CM MR HAF is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 769 (permalink) Old 12-11-2013, 01:15 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
vaeron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Washington State
Posts: 277
Rep: 6 (Unique: 4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM MR HAF View Post

Slim ODD will replace almost the whole I/O area but I'll make sure they include the power button and eject switch.

We already have HAF 915 with side window also, but the windowed panel is optional.

A 3 button power switch seems logical so we planned it into the ecosystem, what do you think?

Hey Jon, thanks for the quick response! The idea for the ODD I think will really help those of us that still want to retain the ODD but maximize our overclocking and liquid cooling ability. I think it will also provide a lot sleeker look.

I haven't seen the 915 with the side window but that's awesome that y'all are already on top of it! Do you have any pictures of it?

I like the 3 button switch in the pictures. It seems very straightforward. Have you also thought about doing a front panel I/O without the power switch. It would be useful in some situations. Personally I use the front panel audio jacks for my gaming headset (also use the USB for my other gaming headset). I also use the front panel USB for quick access for thumb drives. It might be nice to see the USB on it's side though to give more room for wider USB devices (IE vertical). Just some ideas to throw out there.
vaeron is offline  
post #25 of 769 (permalink) Old 12-11-2013, 03:39 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
lostboy5977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Northern PA
Posts: 171
Rep: 10 (Unique: 9)
Four temp sensors mounted and tested. One set for top, one set for the bottom. One for the hot side of the first rad and the second for the cold side of the second rad and again for bottom set of rads.
lostboy5977 is offline  
post #26 of 769 (permalink) Old 12-13-2013, 10:04 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
smartguy044's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 88
Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
quick question guys I am looking at buying this case and was wondering if the hdd bays in the main case are easily removable and also is the front fans on the main part 120's

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Cooler Master HAF Stacker 935 Thread (W.I.P)
INTEL I5 3570K O.C. 4.5 GHZ (DELID)
ASUS P8Z77-V LK MOBO
GSKILL 16 GB RAM
2 Samsung SSD's
"ASUS P8Z77 SERIES OWNERS "








smartguy044 is offline  
post #27 of 769 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013, 05:53 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
lostboy5977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Northern PA
Posts: 171
Rep: 10 (Unique: 9)
Speaking for myself, the hard drive cages do come out with no problem and the fan size in the front are 120's
lostboy5977 is offline  
post #28 of 769 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013, 10:26 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
vaeron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Washington State
Posts: 277
Rep: 6 (Unique: 4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartguy044 View Post

quick question guys I am looking at buying this case and was wondering if the hdd bays in the main case are easily removable and also is the front fans on the main part 120's

I had no problem removing the hdd bays and putting them up top. Putting them up top was a little more work though as you have to screw them in to the bottom of the 915 which means it can't be attached to the larger chassis until you do that. I took the 915 off and on several times before I had the configuration I could use.
vaeron is offline  
post #29 of 769 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013, 01:43 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
lostboy5977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Northern PA
Posts: 171
Rep: 10 (Unique: 9)
Fans and rads installed in top and bottom. Alphacool NexXxos 45mm radiators and Cougar turbine fans 24 in all.


lostboy5977 is offline  
post #30 of 769 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013, 05:56 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
smartguy044's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 88
Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
ok thanks guys should have my case tomorrow biggrin.gif

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Cooler Master HAF Stacker 935 Thread (W.I.P)
INTEL I5 3570K O.C. 4.5 GHZ (DELID)
ASUS P8Z77-V LK MOBO
GSKILL 16 GB RAM
2 Samsung SSD's
"ASUS P8Z77 SERIES OWNERS "








smartguy044 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off