The reason why I'm still not sure to go with the AX760i or the AX860i is simple.
- I'm still not sure if I'll SLI/Crossfire the GPU. Unless I've miss-understood the basic of water-cooling my case cannot have more than 2 radiators so water-cooling a SLI/Crossfire configuration isn't possible. The only way I see this possible is to remove the loop to the CPU.
- I really like the fan-less option from the AX series. It is zero-RPM until it hits around 60% of the PSU system load. Assuming that I would be going with a single GPU, the fan would starts when I hit the 516W which is quite interesting since I want a quiet system.
What do you think? The price difference between the AX760i and the AX860i is pretty low.Video Card
I currently have a MSI Radeon R9 270X Gaming Edition
which seems pretty hard to WC.
I'm not planning to have more than a monitor. I currently own an old Samsung T220
but I would be interested by a new monitor (Something like the Asus PB287Q
Therefore, I have three options for this build:
- Buy another R9 270x (crossfire) and buy a new monitor
- Buy a R9 290X that I would include in the WC loop with a second radiator.
- Buy a GTX Titan which would not be included in the WC loop. I wouldn't buy a second radiator.
What should I do?