Raijintek Metis Owners Club - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Raijintek Metis Owners Club

post #11 of 970 (permalink) Old 04-03-2015, 09:21 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 10)
Nice to see a club for the Metis exists! Here's what I built a couple of days ago in mine, its the same as in my sig!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 970 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 12:28 AM
Retired Staff

Rep: 120 (Unique: 103)
I just ordered one a few days ago. NCIX usa has the black one on sale for $39.99 biggrin.gif Might be a while as I dont have the components for the internals yet.

I have a hunch this case started out as the DIYpc htpc cube case and since its not on the DIYpc web page, wonder if raijintek purchased the rights?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811353044&cm_re=diypc_itx-_-11-353-044-_-Product

I too am surprised the case isnt more popular. The brand seems to be just starting to break into the US market. Newegg or ncix doesnt even carry their full line of cases but their cpu coolers are in stock. I just hope as the case gets popular the price stays affordable. Lian Li is nice but this case is a steal.

post #13 of 970 (permalink) Old 04-15-2015, 12:29 AM
Technician

Rep: 5 (Unique: 4)
Could someone tell me if a Corsair H80i could fit in the rear of this case?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 970 (permalink) Old 04-15-2015, 07:17 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friction View Post

Could someone tell me if a Corsair H80i could fit in the rear of this case?

I wont know till it arrives, but there are pics online of the thinner radiators fitting so poasibly yes. Im mobile but google the metis case and you will find them. The only thing i would check for is that it is below the pcie slot when installed.

Metallicacid has an amazing mod going on this case. Wish he would post it here.

post #15 of 970 (permalink) Old 04-21-2015, 09:00 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Heh guys! I'm new here and I'm happy to show my Mentis build, or more precise, the DIYPC (same case). It's an impressive case so far, solid, better looking than the elite110 that I had. Terrible airflow, but I fixed it.

A 4690K and the Seidon 120V was used(I think the H80i will fit, since it seems to have a little thicker radiator), Sapphire R9 270 Dual-X for the GPU and some 8GB with Crucial. They were brought from the Elite110.

I want to remind anyone plan to build in this case though. PSU shorter than 13.5cm(14 if you have modular) will fit GPU 24.5cm max length; PSU longer than 15cm only work with 18cm GPU. Number from manufacture were for both short GPU and PSU.

This is my system now - Promo shoot just for fun

In short, I really love the case, but its airflow is pretty much horrible.
You guys can view the whole testing and photos of my mod in this link (a blog platfrom) cause it's super long, lol
https://medium.com/be-expert-101/my-pc-case-mod-story-ff9beb2aa6d6

TL,DR:
I end up cut a 140mm fan hole on top of the case to provide airflow for the GPU and increase positive pressure in the case. it worked really well! bring GPU 36C idle and 82C underload down to 30C and 60C respectively.
Some more photos : D

I'm pretty confident about modding the case and if anyone needs help, I'm all it for that, since I love this case so much for the size and thing I've done so far on it.
post #16 of 970 (permalink) Old 05-05-2015, 04:17 AM
New to Overclock.net

Hi folks, I just ordered my Metis - my LAN system will be moved from my Fractal Node 304 (too heavy and wide) to the Metis. Hope it will fit. Any discussions about airflow when using a graphics card?

Got myself an R9 270x Mini by MSI

PLUS: Is it possible to remove the Raijintek Logo or replace it with something cooler?
post #17 of 970 (permalink) Old 05-17-2015, 02:36 PM
New to Overclock.net

Heh arbiterhand,
You should totally check out my mod and number I gather from testing GPP temp and CPU temp in my post right above you : D
It works really well for me. As for now I cut and fit anither noctua 92mm slim fan on the bottom and change the radiator as intake. Now under full load my cpu won't go higher than 75 and GPU never pass 74! Message me if you have any question about modding the case!
post #18 of 970 (permalink) Old 05-17-2015, 03:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

Update May 17 2015. As far as I corcen with my old airfow scheme, too much positive pressure and the PSU has to works to hard, this is my third update and also the last one for this case, and I am totally happy now. As you can see in this photos, my case now is FLOATING!!!! I changed the original feet with my custom feet I made the other day, leads to better breathing under the case.

After quite some consider ration, I decided to change my radiator as an intake, and now add an 92mm slim fan on the bottom for total of 2 fans as intake (radiator fan on the back and the top 140mm Prolimatech slim fan) and 2 as exhaust (PSU and 92mm noctua slim fan - recommended, since it provides clearance to take the mobo on and off, normal 25mm fan will get in the way. Of course, as before, Dremel and patience were my best friends. I taped my new fan on the bottom, just as my top fan - as now has a proper removable dust filter on it (I did have the same one but on the bottom of the fan and dust collected on the blade so I decided to change that).
I also add a self-trim grill for the Noctua fan since I don't know what might struck under the case somehow. Oh, and proper dust filter for the rear Corgar Vortex radiator fan

So, what about the temp? I test it another day, as the graph you can read. it seems a bit worse, but I tested it on a day that at least 5C (11F) higher ambient temp than the other day. It's the revision 3 in light green color

I'm pretty much happy now, so if anyone needs any help with modding the case or anything, let me know, I'll be happy to help
post #19 of 970 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 11:33 PM
Retired Staff

Have you guys googled metallicacids metis build? Its named elegance and its AMAZING!! HE mentioned the motherboard tray can be reversed so the video card sits at the bottom, got much better temps that way.

My diypc version came in a few weeks ago but havent started a build with it yet.

post #20 of 970 (permalink) Old 05-19-2015, 08:16 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 186 (Unique: 162)
I ordered mine for a built for my grandfather. As shown in Schyperist's post, there is a ventilation hole in the bottom of the case where the PSU sits. Is this stock, or did you modify it to add this ventilation? I would hope this is stock to allow the PSU to exhaust through the bottom of the case, but I cannot tell.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in