Raijintek Metis Owners Club - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Raijintek Metis Owners Club

post #21 of 950 (permalink) Old 05-19-2015, 06:30 PM
Retired Staff

Rep: 120 (Unique: 103)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg121986 View Post

I ordered mine for a built for my grandfather. As shown in Schyperist's post, there is a ventilation hole in the bottom of the case where the PSU sits. Is this stock, or did you modify it to add this ventilation? I would hope this is stock to allow the PSU to exhaust through the bottom of the case, but I cannot tell.

Yes the power supply exhaust out the bottom.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 950 (permalink) Old 05-29-2015, 06:06 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
@66racer: Ive seen the build by metallicacids ...amazing. Even though its a little too much for me. I think he should have gone with the power supply attached to the front panel.

I am also thinking about doing that... amazing idea to get more room in the bottom (when you build it upside down)

Looking forward to hearing from your build!
post #23 of 950 (permalink) Old 07-09-2015, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
After letting my case sit around so long, finally ordered a mobo for it, shipped by newegg early this morning, should be here tomorrow
Parts will include: g3258,b85-itx,8gb ddr3 1600 cas 11 ram.seasonic m12-ii 620 W fully modular psu , 1tb hard drive and a 128gb ssd, I'm in need of a bigger ssd, so if anyone want to trade for mine plus cash, let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 950 (permalink) Old 07-09-2015, 04:10 PM
Retired Staff

I ended doing a g3258 build with mine as well for my father in law. I think my next personal build might stay inside my current tj08b-e, That or buy another tj08b-e and do a new window mod and powder coat it.

Anyways here is how my build turned out:

Intel g3258 Pentium Overclocked to 4.4ghz
Intel integrated graphics
OCZ arc100 120GB SSD
Gskill 8GB ddr3 memory
Corsair CX430M
Asrock h97 m-itx motherboard
Stock cpu cooler
DIYpc brushed aluminum PC
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

post #25 of 950 (permalink) Old 07-09-2015, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Awesome, forgot to mention i have a evga 750ti aswell lol ,will build and post pics and maybe a build video.
post #26 of 950 (permalink) Old 07-09-2015, 06:13 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexxit View Post

Awesome, forgot to mention i have a evga 750ti aswell lol ,will build and post pics and maybe a build video.

Nice, that will be a challenge lol but fun too!

Yeah I may end up using this case for an HTPC soon on another build. It just looks so good. With the birth of my twin boys I lost the computer room for their room and soon my pc will probably move into the garage work area. Cant go without some sort of pc in the house so I think I will dive into an HTPC with wireless keyboard and all....we'll see. I also like some of silverstones HTPC cases for that.

I have built a few high end systems and the g3258 was the lowest cpu I have used in who knows how long, once that thing broke 4.0ghz I was truly impressed with it. Getting 4.4ghz on the stock cooler was even more impressive, I didnt try for more as temps I think were 78C already. My father in law will only use it for web browsing but man I wanted to through my spare 212evo on it and see how much higher it could go!

post #27 of 950 (permalink) Old 07-09-2015, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

I sadly got a dub and it wont go past 3.7 even at 1.4v , but if your planning on using a longer gpu, I'd either get a short sfx non modular psu, or go with the evga hadron air, will report the build process probably late sat night.
post #28 of 950 (permalink) Old 07-10-2015, 10:47 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexxit View Post

I sadly got a dub and it wont go past 3.7 even at 1.4v , but if your planning on using a longer gpu, I'd either get a short sfx non modular psu, or go with the evga hadron air, will report the build process probably late sat night.

Yeah I agree about the power supply, but I got that one with the intention of the build purpose. If it were for a gaming build like I originally planned I was looking at silverstones small power supplies.

post #29 of 950 (permalink) Old 07-10-2015, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Well they didnt bring my board today, so it will be late tomorrow I guess, all in one 120 cooler fits fine (zalman lq310) so lets see what we can do cable management wise.
post #30 of 950 (permalink) Old 07-18-2015, 06:48 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 99 (Unique: 78)
shame i only found this thread now, would get alot more attention in the SFF forums me thinks.

besides the top blow hole mod heres a few extra tips for cable management that I've done.

i cut out the sections that i've yellowed on the mobo tray

"some" AIO watercoolers would fit , fractal kelvin would not. i tried it and the rad is just too tall and wide.

due to my mobo CPU socket placement (z77e) the pump/block ended up higher then the rad and i couldnt even get the thing to cycle water through it. now im just stuck with an nonworking build till i sort how do i get water flowing part

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in