Raijintek Metis Owners Club - Page 5 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Raijintek Metis Owners Club

post #41 of 973 (permalink) Old 07-21-2015, 11:13 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Hi Everyone,

Great to see a Metis owners club, just finished a build in one of these for a HTPC / Living Room gaming rig, specs:

CPU: i5 4690k - stock
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini
PSU: Corsair CXM 500W
RAM: Hyper X 8gb DDR3 1866 Mhz
MB: Gigabyte B85i
SSD: Samsug Evo 250GB
CPU Cooler: Corsair H55 all in one water cooler.

I've found using the one fan as an intake for the radiator works a charm, CPU temp sits at 62 - 63 under load from Intel burn test, and GPU at around 79 - 80, yeah it's warm, but it'll maitain that gaming all day long, with no issues what so ever.

I've attached a couple of badly taken photos below.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 973 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 06:43 AM
New to Overclock.net

That system isn't too far off what I'm looking to build in one. How is the noise from the PSU considering it is having to exhaust the heat of that i5, GTX 970 and itself?
post #43 of 973 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 09:53 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 100 (Unique: 78)
some update pictures of my build

specs in case you are wondering:

CPU: i7 3770(non K) @ 4.1Ghz
Mobo: Asrock Z77E-ITX
GPU: Asus 970 DCU mini
Ram: Corsair vengence DDR3 16GB 1600mhz
PSU: Silverstone SFX-L 500w
Cooling: Fractal kelvin block with alphacool DC-LT pump
XSPC EX120 rad
EK Thermosphere
Fans:
Cryorig XT140 PWM
Noiseblocker MF120-S PWM

140mm slim fan is set as intake and the 120mm radiator fan is set as exhaust pulling from the rad. PSU fan never spins unless under prime + furmark load.

surprisingly temps are pretty decent. ~55c on the CPU under prime and GPU never got above 40c under furmark, combined the CPU got to around 65c and the only loud components are the pump and the slim 140mm fan that is creating some turbulence. radiator fan itself is maintaining 1100rpm and its pretty quiet.

idle wise its noisier then my air setup(which is totally inaudible under any circumstances), under gaming load its still noisier then air (my GPU never got above 60c under air and remains inaudible), max load wise (prime + furmark) air would be noisier due to the way my mobo regulates the fans.

pumps the main thing causing the noise so hopefully once i swap that out for a DDC it should be quieter and i could expand my loop further with an external rad

oh another tip: you can fit a slim (7mm) drive behind the mobo tray

edit: figured out why im getting wind turbulence, the top 140mm fan isnt delivering enough air for the 120mm exhaust that its creating a negative pressure and a wind tunnel effect. pulled off the side panel and the air equalizes. so its only the pump making noise now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 973 (permalink) Old 08-09-2015, 08:54 PM
New to Overclock.net

first post here, but not my first pc build.

case: Metis (obviously)
PSU: Silverstone SX 500-LG
MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Impact
CPU: Intel i5 4690k OC to 4.2ghz
Cooler: Corsair H60
RAM: 8 gigs of DDR3 Corsair Vengence 2400
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 240 gig
GPU: Asus GTX970 DirectCU mini
side cooling fan: Noctua NF-F12 IPPC 2000 pwm

for accessories:
monitor: LG Flatron W2361V from my previous PC
keyboard: Corsair K70 with CherryMX red switches (love this thing, so buttery smooth, will never go back to a cheapo keyboard again
Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB.

after I initially set it up, as I expected after reading several reviews of the case, it ran hot. running furmark the first time nearly burnt my hand putting it on top of the case. so I decided to mod it. however, I didn't want to go drilling holes in the top, so took a somewhat easier route. ordered a sheet of diamond mesh from MNPCTECH, cut it down to size, and put it in place of the lexan window. CPU idles at between 38-41c and gpu idles at 33-36c under load in while gaming, the CPU tops out at around 47c and the GPU hovers between 67-70c. If I crank up my fans to the max, the gpu hovers around 60c and the cpu around 40c. the sound doesn't bother me, since I game with a headset on.

here are some pics
first is initially how it was set up, and largely is the same minus the lexan window, and plus the noctua NF-F12

and finished with diamond mesh in place:

and my (finally) completed gaming rig:

this thing destroys everything I've thrown at it so far at 1080p.
post #45 of 973 (permalink) Old 08-09-2015, 09:37 PM
Master of Black Snow

Rep: 700 (Unique: 519)
Wow that's sharp. eek.gif

Considering one of these for the women in my life. How are theyou for watercooling? When I upgrade my GPU they will get one of my 6870s which will have a Thermosphere on it. thinking.gif

~Ceadder smil3dbd4e4c2e742.gif

I am really starting to feel my Oats as a long time member of OCN. Why did we go back to this system again?

https://valid.x86.fr/cache/banner/w8cbvb-6.png
Black snow
(17 items)
CPU
Ryzen 7 1800x
Motherboard
ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
GPU
XFX RX 480 Black Edition 8GB
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Intel Z370 Platform Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C14D-16GTZSK
Hard Drive
Western Digital Black
Hard Drive
Samsung 750 EVO
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO
Hard Drive
Adata m.2
Power Supply
EVGA Supernova
Cooling
EKWB Crosshair VI Acetyl Monoblock
Case
Lian Li O11 Dynamic
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64bit USB
Monitor
Samsung NU6900
Keyboard
Corsair K55
Mouse
Corsair M65
Other
Xbox Wireless Controller: Winter Forces Special Edition - Xbox One/Xbox One S/Windows 10
CPU
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Motherboard
Crosshair IV Formula
GPU
XFX RX 480 Black Edition 8GB
RAM
Corsair Dominator
Hard Drive
x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0
Hard Drive
Samsun 750 EVO
Power Supply
EVGA
Cooling
EK D5 Vario
Cooling
EK x3 250 RGB
Cooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silent Fans
Cooling
EK Supreme HF Classified
Cooling
Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing.
Cooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings
Cooling
EK x3 CSQ Clean Acrylic
Cooling
EK RX 480 Copper/Acetyl
Case
HAF 932
Operating System
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM
Monitor
Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen
Keyboard
Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know what I'm going to replace it with.
Mouse
Logitech g9x
Mouse
COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad
Audio
Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers
Other
Creative X-Fi
Other
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3
▲ hide details ▲

post #46 of 973 (permalink) Old 08-09-2015, 09:48 PM
New to Overclock.net

truth be told, I've seen a H80i shoved in there. I had a bit of trouble shoehorning an H60 in there tbh. however, that was due to me being a bit anal... couldn't stand seeing the logo upside-down. frown.gif in the end, with the window mod, it didn't really matter lol since you can't see it anymore.
post #47 of 973 (permalink) Old 08-11-2015, 03:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)

Built the Raijintek Metis with spare parts after upgrading another machine. Only had to buy a itx motherboard.
i3-4130T
Asrock H97m ITX/AC
Coolmaster V550
Hyper 212 Evo
MSI GTX 660

Was a tight fit not using a smaller SFX PSU, but it worked out.

Rear case fan was reversed and set as intake.
Rear > CPU > PSU . PSU was exhaust.

Prime95 & Furmark load test
CPU 59C max
GPU 78C max

CPU temp looks fine to me at load, but bit concerned with the GPU at 78C. The same gpu inside a fully ventilated ATX tower only reached 61C max. After about 15 minutes of testing the top of the case was pretty hot. It isn't a blower reference type so hot air flows inside the case, but there isn't much space for it to go but up top.

The side panels has holes for ventilation and I'm considering using it as template to drill more holes on the top. Bit reluctant as it looks sooo nice right now. Putting holes with my amateur drilling skill might make it ugly =]
post #48 of 973 (permalink) Old 08-12-2015, 08:17 AM
New to Overclock.net

you can do what I did and mod the window. did wonders for my temps... though, I also added a quality fan, not sure you have room for that with your cooler height... Another mod I considered was replacing one of the side panels entirely with Mesh, but that would have ruined the aesthetic for me. if my case were black, or silver I would have done it like that, but I didn't want to paint, and as you can see, I went with a red theme
post #49 of 973 (permalink) Old 08-12-2015, 10:45 PM
New to Overclock.net

I recently bought a silver Raijintek Case to go with my new build and want to eventually do a custom water loop in it but haven't seen very many done. I drew a couple loops but it is hard to know if everything is going to fit without having the case and parts to measure rolleyes.gif especially not sure if the bottom 120mm slim rad will fit with the RAM sticks. Any feedback would be nice biggrin.gif.

Part List:

CPU - Intel Core i5-4690K w/ EK-Supremacy EVO - Nickel
GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB ACX 2.0 w/ EK-FC970 GTX ACX - Nickel
PSU - Silverstone Strider Gold 450W Fully-Modular SFX
MB - Gigabyte GA-Z97N-Gaming 5
RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB
SSD - Samsung 850 EVO-Series 120GB
HDD - Western Digital Black 500GB 2.5"
Rad - 2 x EK-CoolStream SE 120 (Slim Single)
Res/Pump - EK-XRES DCP 4.0 PWM (incl. pump)
post #50 of 973 (permalink) Old 08-16-2015, 04:56 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 100 (Unique: 78)
from my experience you are not going to be able to fit a bottom rad, simply not enough space.

if you intend to use the stock fan mounting holes for the rad mount, most rads simply not fit and you wouldnt be able to have the outlets at the top. i've tried it and after many rads later the only one that i found would fit is the XSPC EX120

dont even have to bother with a fill port IMO, just fill directly using the GPU ports

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in