Raijintek Metis Owners Club - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Raijintek Metis Owners Club

post #1 of 954 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Bought this case and did NOT see a owners club, so I made one.
Some tips for people building.
Cable Management (Click to show)
PRE THINK EVERYTHING if you want a clean build, the below tip about wrapping the 24 pin around came to my mind when thinking of using the MSI B85 where its awkward 24pin connector location, isn't so awkward in this case.

Semi modular or fully modular is a must in this case, SFX psus allow for a longer length video card to be installed.
There is a space behind and to the side of the PSU after it's installed. TAKE ADVANTAGE!

Wrap the 24 pin around the front of the PSU and down in front of the bottom 3.5 hard drive mount.Could also use this for SATA power.

I personally recommend grabbing a SATA to dual Molex ( like the one below) for the bottom hard drive mount as the way the SATA power cable goes in puts too much stress for the drive, for my liking.

This will plug into the drives using a single Molex connector and allowing little to no stress on the power SATA connector(Molex seem to be easier to hide as well)
Thats all for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 954 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 06:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
Also thinking of doing a build in this case.
post #3 of 954 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Mine should be in Thursday according to ups.Usually they over estimate a day, at least for me, so hopefully Wednesday, its looks like a great case, and I can't speak highly enough about Raijinteks customer support. Fast and very nice, asked a guy about how much panels would be as I want to mod, and he said that when they get an RMA case that they're mine for free if I pay shipping. Responses were fast too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 954 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 01:36 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexxit View Post

Mine should be in Thursday according to ups.Usually they over estimate a day, at least for me, so hopefully Wednesday, its looks like a great case, and I can't speak highly enough about Raijinteks customer support. Fast and very nice, asked a guy about how much panels would be as I want to mod, and he said that when they get an RMA case that they're mine for free if I pay shipping. Responses were fast too!

I'm looking forward to your pictures. What are you planning to put in it?

On a side not, I just did a volume calculation and the Metis comes out at 13.4L. The SG05 at 10.5L. I've never seen the Metis in person, but I'm surprised the Metis is roughly 30% larger. Does it seem that much bigger for those that have it?

On another side note, I'm really surprised that this case isn't more popular.
post #5 of 954 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 03:15 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

I'm also suprised about this case not being at a higher popularity level, I think it may be because its from an unknown brand. as for size I can't help you there sadly. as for compenents right now I have no idea,sold my board to focus on other things at the moment.Will be doing an ITX rig at some point in this
post #6 of 954 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 12:19 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

post #7 of 954 (permalink) Old 02-17-2015, 01:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
I'm highly considering picking up this case if my Monsta works out cooling my CPU/GPU in my 380T. I'd use a SFX PSU, probably invert the motherboard (I assume this is easily done since the build is pretty modular) and relocate that SFX PSU in order to fit the Monsta in there. I'd probably try and mod a 120mm fan to the front in order to get the Monsta to fit, but given the extra space in the "top" portion, I should be able to mount the PSU flush to the top (with a vent) and still fit a 120mm radiator in there.

Just thinking through it.
post #8 of 954 (permalink) Old 02-17-2015, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougp View Post

I'm highly considering picking up this case if my Monsta works out cooling my CPU/GPU in my 380T. I'd use a SFX PSU, probably invert the motherboard (I assume this is easily done since the build is pretty modular) and relocate that SFX PSU in order to fit the Monsta in there. I'd probably try and mod a 120mm fan to the front in order to get the Monsta to fit, but given the extra space in the "top" portion, I should be able to mount the PSU flush to the top (with a vent) and still fit a 120mm radiator in there.

Too much modding required for my taste, but it sounds great. If you decide to go that route, please show biggrin.gif
post #9 of 954 (permalink) Old 02-17-2015, 01:21 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougp View Post

I'm not sure I understand what you want to do. If you invert the motherboard, what changes?
post #10 of 954 (permalink) Old 02-17-2015, 01:37 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabylonDown View Post

I'm not sure I understand what you want to do. If you invert the motherboard, what changes?

It allows me to utilize the top for at least a single 120mm fan, in addition to the PSU being mounted there, as well as a pump and/or res mounting off the 120mm fan. There's a lot of options, but a Monsta in push/pull is pretty wide so I'm sure how it'd be configured. Given the length of the case, I'm honestly not sure how feasible the idea is - but, given the cost of the case, not too much out of pocket if it doesn't work.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in