Cooler Master: MasterCase 5 Series Owners Club - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Cooler Master: MasterCase 5 Series Owners Club

post #21 of 1569 (permalink) Old 08-26-2015, 01:05 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan795 View Post

In the Paul's hardware video he said that max rad space is 40mm including fans. I also see in the specs it says 40mm without fans. So am I reading correctly that max rad thickness is 15mm adding on a standard 25mm fan would equal 40? That can't be right. I can't even think of a rad that thin.

H100I GTX fits without issue and has plenty of clearance. Lots of 240MM or 280MM rads will fit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 1569 (permalink) Old 08-26-2015, 01:11 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanOMatic View Post

H100I GTX fits without issue and has plenty of clearance. Lots of 240MM or 280MM rads will fit.

Yeah I had seen some AIO's installed in it. I just don't understand the spec sheet saying 40mm without fans. Basically I'm wanting to put 2 of these in the system. Up top and in front. I would like to think a basic 240mm rad would fit fine.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0067LW8RY/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3SQJCH0Q4CAPA&coliid=IP3UA9BN5OSWK

post #23 of 1569 (permalink) Old 08-26-2015, 01:15 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

Yeah I had seen some AIO's installed in it. I just don't understand the spec sheet saying 40mm without fans. Basically I'm wanting to put 2 of these in the system. Up top and in front. I would like to think a basic 240mm rad would fit fine.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0067LW8RY/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3SQJCH0Q4CAPA&coliid=IP3UA9BN5OSWK

CM had a demo system with very similar radiators setup. I think you're golden. My review is going to actually feature front radiator clearance and top radiator clearance with an AIO.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 1569 (permalink) Old 08-26-2015, 01:16 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

That radiator is smaller than the one on the H100I GTX. You'll be fine. wink.gif
post #25 of 1569 (permalink) Old 08-26-2015, 01:16 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

CM had a demo system with very similar radiators setup. I think you're golden. My review is going to actually feature front radiator clearance and top radiator clearance with an AIO.

Awesome, thanks for the helpful insight bud. thumb.gif

post #26 of 1569 (permalink) Old 08-26-2015, 01:24 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

Awesome, thanks for the helpful insight bud. thumb.gif

Yeah man, if you have any other questions or anything you want me to test out, let me know.

Some quick notes:

Awesome paint job
Great build quality (but CM flagship cases have always been built to survive the apocalypse) throughout. The feet are solid, the handles are solid. The side panels were designed cleverly.
Really clean looks that offer ability to be customized to pretty much any rig.
The bottom chamber is cleverly designed and has a lot of potential in watercooling rigs.
The windowed side panel is very nice and the window itself is well-made and doesn't scratch easy. It does have a glazing, though, that makes it so that bright LED's have a smudge when showing through, rather than being seen cleanly
post #27 of 1569 (permalink) Old 08-26-2015, 01:30 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

Yeah man, if you have any other questions or anything you want me to test out, let me know.

Some quick notes:

Awesome paint job
Great build quality (but CM flagship cases have always been built to survive the apocalypse) throughout. The feet are solid, the handles are solid. The side panels were designed cleverly.
Really clean looks that are customization to pretty much any rig.
The bottom chamber is cleverly designed and has a lot of potential in watercooling rigs.
The windowed side panel is very nice and the window itself is well-made and doesn't scratch easy. It does have a glazing, though, that makes it so that bright LED's have a smudge when showing through, rather than being seen cleanly

You think I would be better suited using Alphacool ST30's since they are they are the same dimensions as the H100i GTX? The XSPC ones I linked earlier are 35.5mm thick. Plan I was thinking was those rads, cpu block, gpu block and a bay res/pump.

Thanks for the side notes too. I agree about their previous build quality. Have owned a few CM cases and they were stout. I really like how the SSD pockets can hide the branding if used up front. Never was a fan of showing them off. Of course I could just move them behind the mobo. The window glazing I saw in another review as well. I wonder if that will be addressed? The only led's I currently have are from my Corsair SP120 fans.

post #28 of 1569 (permalink) Old 08-26-2015, 01:50 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

You think I would be better suited using Alphacool ST30's since they are they are the same dimensions as the H100i GTX? The XSPC ones I linked earlier are 35.5mm thick. Plan I was thinking was those rads, cpu block, gpu block and a bay res/pump.

Thanks for the side notes too. I agree about their previous build quality. Have owned a few CM cases and they were stout. I really like how the SSD pockets can hide the branding if used up front. Never was a fan of showing them off. Of course I could just move them behind the mobo. The window glazing I saw in another review as well. I wonder if that will be addressed? The only led's I currently have are from my Corsair SP120 fans.

The window glazing is actually a feature to reduce scratching and sun-damage over time, from what I understand. The be quiet! Silent base 800 window also has the same type of glazing, which causes LED smudge.

The SSD pockets are versatile in that you can choose to show your SSD by running on top, or you can hide them. Heck, you can even run two SSD's per sled. Very nice system. I like that you can eliminate all of the HDD cages from the main chamber and still have two cages for HDD's and two SSD's, which is enough for most enthusiasts. (I personally run 2x 250GB SSD's in RAID0 and a single large HDD in my rig)

I like ST30's, great radiators. I was actually going to request two of them for a project in the MasterCase 5 using CM reservoir and blocks.

I gotta applaud CM. They, unlike Antec, actually paid attention to what enthusiasts wanted. While it seems to be a case largely borrowed from what NZXT and Phanteks have been doing, CM did some nice things of their own and created a very nice case. Meanwhile, Antec released this huge, overpriced monster called the S10 that I am about to publish a review of. I doubt they'll be sending me anything for a while after it publishes.
post #29 of 1569 (permalink) Old 08-26-2015, 01:55 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

The window glazing is actually a feature to reduce scratching and sun-damage over time, from what I understand. The be quiet! Silent base 800 window also has the same type of glazing, which causes LED smudge.

I like ST30's, great radiators. I was actually going to request two of them for a project in the MasterCase 5 using CM reservoir and blocks.

I gotta applaud CM. They, unlike Antec, actually paid attention to what enthusiasts wanted. While it seems to be a case largely borrowed from what NZXT and Phanteks have been doing, CM did some nice things of their own and created a very nice case. Meanwhile, Antec released this huge, overpriced monster called the S10 that I am about to publish a review of. I doubt they'll be sending me anything for a while after it publishes.

Ahh ok good to know. I would be perfectly fine using the Alphacool ST30's. Mild OC on cpu and gpu at stock I would imagine would be fine with those two rads.

post #30 of 1569 (permalink) Old 08-26-2015, 02:09 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

Ahh ok good to know. I would be perfectly fine using the Alphacool ST30's. Mild OC on cpu and gpu at stock I would imagine would be fine with those two rads.

Oh, two of them should be able to handle a decent OC on the GPU and CPU. Lot's of dissipation capability, there. Dual 280's would be even better if you can swing it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in