In Win 909 Owners Club - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

In Win 909 Owners Club

post #21 of 418 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 01:29 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikmind View Post

There is no 5.25" drive bays on the In Win 909. So unless you do some serious modding, I would say you need to have an external optical drive for it.
Thanks for the reply nikmind as i just wish for the price there would be a little more flexibility in the case without having to go to extreme's just to put a bluray player in there.Don't get me wrong its a nice case but a little bit more thought would of made a huge difference.

I'm not always right but i'm never wrong
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 418 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 02:10 PM
Meep

Rep: 288 (Unique: 214)
Quote:
Originally Posted by grassy View Post

Thanks for the reply nikmind as i just wish for the price there would be a little more flexibility in the case without having to go to extreme's just to put a bluray player in there.Don't get me wrong its a nice case but a little bit more thought would of made a huge difference.

5.25" bays are starting to become obsolete for the majority of people, its a waste of space for most and an eyesore on very design focused cases like the 909.

You can just get a 5.25" enclosure if you already own a blu-ray drive.
post #23 of 418 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 05:03 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles3000 View Post

5.25" bays are starting to become obsolete for the majority of people, its a waste of space for most and an eyesore on very design focused cases like the 909.

I was thinking the same thing along the lines of the optical drives not being so popular on this type of case but its always good to have that option as they are charging good money for the case. Even a monsoon or ek square res is out of place in the left hand side of the case and interferes with the connections to your sli cards. Its funny that Inwin has made the correct width being 150mm wide but have no screw holes to properly fit the res but yet have 10 hard drive bays for what? Why would anyone need 10 if we dont need a optical drive.Plus the 4 hard drive bays up top are unremovable but yet they call it a modders case. Sorry for the rant but mine is going back.

I'm not always right but i'm never wrong
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 418 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 05:13 PM
Meep

Rep: 288 (Unique: 214)
Quote:

I was thinking the same thing along the lines of the optical drives not being so popular on this type of case but its always good to have that option as they are charging good money for the case. Even a monsoon or ek square res is out of place in the left hand side of the case and interferes with the connections to your sli cards. Its funny that Inwin has made the correct width being 150mm wide but have no screw holes to properly fit the res but yet have 10 hard drive bays for what? Why would anyone need 10 if we dont need a optical drive.Plus the 4 hard drive bays up top are unremovable but yet they call it a modders case. Sorry for the rant but mine is going back.

They probably called it a modder's case because you need tools to make it how you want it, you know, like actual modding. wink.gif

On a more serious note, yes this case has a ton on flaws, but I think if you put in some effort and really make it your own, its probably one of the most beautiful full tower cases on the market.
post #25 of 418 (permalink) Old 12-24-2015, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 1)
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles3000 View Post

Quote:

well i have just stuck a slim external blu-ray drive in the gap of the bottom intake works like a charm
post #26 of 418 (permalink) Old 01-15-2016, 02:36 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 6)
well looks like "the club" finally will have a new member, ME smile.gif

ordered up a black one on sale for 335.99 shipped, I could not pass it up. I this sort of price is what it should be been to begin with. said it before and will again 450 is simply too much money. and the fact that this owners club is so small proves it, people like the case but find it over priced.

plan on just putting current system in there with swiftech 240x AIO. debating custom loops .

I fell in love with this case at first sight and have watched and waited to find "a deal" on one, last night I did,. at the EGG. 20% off the top of the 419.99 sale price. it saved me 86 bucks and change. woot woot . I had almost missed the 20% off, I actually got the order in LITERALLY in the very LAST minute.
post #27 of 418 (permalink) Old 01-16-2016, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaN227 View Post

well looks like "the club" finally will have a new member, ME smile.gif

ordered up a black one on sale for 335.99 shipped, I could not pass it up. I this sort of price is what it should be been to begin with. said it before and will again 450 is simply too much money. and the fact that this owners club is so small proves it, people like the case but find it over priced.

plan on just putting current system in there with swiftech 240x AIO. debating custom loops .

I fell in love with this case at first sight and have watched and waited to find "a deal" on one, last night I did,. at the EGG. 20% off the top of the 419.99 sale price. it saved me 86 bucks and change. woot woot . I had almost missed the 20% off, I actually got the order in LITERALLY in the very LAST minute.
good to see another person joining the owners club
post #28 of 418 (permalink) Old 01-16-2016, 10:08 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maybach123 View Post

good to see another person joining the owners club

YEAH MAN smile.gif

I'm pretty sure others will get this case if the lower its price to at minimum 350$. if I had not seen the 20% off to get it at 336 I never would have bought it.

I think the majority of the buying market want more of a plug and play setup more than something they may have to mod.

I'm actually quite amazed that reps of in win on here do not do more to point it that the case does have airflow at the front of case. and there are actually many cases that draw air "indirectly" into front of case. I'm sure everyone has seen the D4 with its side slot.

anyway looking forward to getting it.

I would LOVE to see pics of your build or any others. that one person posted two pics has not posted again.
post #29 of 418 (permalink) Old 01-16-2016, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaN227 View Post

YEAH MAN smile.gif

I'm pretty sure others will get this case if the lower its price to at minimum 350$. if I had not seen the 20% off to get it at 336 I never would have bought it.

I think the majority of the buying market want more of a plug and play setup more than something they may have to mod.

I'm actually quite amazed that reps of in win on here do not do more to point it that the case does have airflow at the front of case. and there are actually many cases that draw air "indirectly" into front of case. I'm sure everyone has seen the D4 with its side slot.

anyway looking forward to getting it.

I would LOVE to see pics of your build or any others. that one person posted two pics has not posted again.
my build is really messy atm as i am half way through watercooling it ill post pics when its pretty want water cooled stay tuned should be within two weeks just waiting for rest of the parts
post #30 of 418 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 06:40 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Any thoughts on this case and a dual Xeon - can it handle it on air or would need water?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in