Thermaltake Core P5 Owners' Club - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Thermaltake Core P5 Owners' Club

post #11 of 3369 (permalink) Old 12-16-2015, 06:58 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
I don't think so. At least not without some modification. I will double check tomorrow when i am around it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 3369 (permalink) Old 12-17-2015, 09:57 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 17 (Unique: 14)
The bracket supplied really only supports that thermaltake pump. Be prepared to drill some holes.
Another thing worth mentioning is the display models and the intake/out radiators with the fans. The display models have the Riing fans on the front of the rad pushing out.

I didn't make sense to me since there is a dust filter in the back behind the res area but I configured that way anyway because the front of the riing fans look better.
Mistake #1 with that case for me.
After reversing the fans, I had a 5-8 degree drop in temps. The air wasn't pushing through the rear panel. It just dropped air into the small compartment and heated up my MB and HDDs.
Be sure to pull air from the case instead of trying to push through the vented back panel.
I know the display models and the pics Thermaltake provide are neat but you'll notice a difference in temps.

post #13 of 3369 (permalink) Old 12-17-2015, 04:21 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 13 (Unique: 13)
I'm starting my build now. All the parts finally came in, and I'm slowing starting to document the build. I love the case. While I have the feet on it now, I plan to mount it to the wall when I'm done.

So far, I am VERY impressed by the build and material quality for a $149 case. It is very solid and well thought out. thumb.gif

Here are all my goodies.

Here are a the core components mounted so I can verify that there were no major components that were DOA, and so I could load up the operating system.

Even though the case says it only mounts motherboards up to ATX size, it will still handle an E-ATX motherboard ... it just gives a little less room for the cables to pass through.

I plan on mounting everything up and since I'm not using just Thermaltake parts, I will have to drill some custom holes and such. But the biggest mod will be that I plan to use a single sheet of white acrylic to cover the whole black metal frame, so the components will stand out even that much more, and there will be no unused holes.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 3369 (permalink) Old 12-19-2015, 05:38 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 124 (Unique: 103)
Just picked one up also. Moved my components over and doing some upgrading. I'll throw up pictures when complete.

post #15 of 3369 (permalink) Old 12-19-2015, 05:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 124 (Unique: 103)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProclusLycaeus View Post

Even though the case says it only mounts motherboards up to ATX size, it will still handle an E-ATX motherboard ... it just gives a little less room for the cables to pass through.

Just to backup Proclus, this case does in fact fit an E-ATX board. I have my EVGA Classified in there with no problems. Cable management wasn't even that much harder. thumb.gif

post #16 of 3369 (permalink) Old 12-20-2015, 06:46 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 30 (Unique: 25)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThermalMike View Post

Here is some of the builds we have been working on with the Core P5!

Just watched your you tube video.....Brilliant. thumb.gif

I have purchased a P5 case and Monsta 480mm rad.....just waiting on delivery then i can transfer my mobo etc from my Thermaltake Level GT10

I was wondering if you could help me with some questions i have?

1. what size tubing and fittings would i need to do a similar build to the blue set up I can get the PETG tubing in The UK but it comes in 13/10mm and 14/10mm.

2. what make is the res as it doesnt say on the video

3. Did you use the Riing triple fan pack and a single with x2 fan control switches for the quad rad?

4. I obviously cant use the Aurora fluid 24/7......is the Mayhem pastel blue similar to the fluid you used?

Thanks Mark.
post #17 of 3369 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 08:55 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 42 (Unique: 38)
Finished mine last week, at least 95% finished. biggrin.gif Case is much bigger than i thought it was going to be, pleasantly surprised. Case can be standing up, lay down flat, or even wall mount.

post #18 of 3369 (permalink) Old 12-24-2015, 03:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by DooRules View Post

Finished mine last week, at least 95% finished. biggrin.gif Case is much bigger than i thought it was going to be, pleasantly surprised. Case can be standing up, lay down flat, or even wall mount.

Very nice. Is that the xspc 270? Did you have to drill holes to mount it?

post #19 of 3369 (permalink) Old 12-24-2015, 03:45 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 42 (Unique: 38)
Yes, that is the xspc 270. I had to drill the 4 mounting holes. Even with a 980 ti KP gpu there was still loads of room between the gpu and the rad.
post #20 of 3369 (permalink) Old 12-24-2015, 07:48 AM
New to Overclock.net

Are you using fans on the other side of the rad as well? My P5 build is still in progress and I still need a few things....
What I do have waiting to go in...
EK 480 XE
VRM waterblock
Sleeved cables

Waiting to buy:
XSPC 270
New video card w/water block
CPU block

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in